Papa John's update

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When I was in Denmark last month, I went in with a couple other pub locals on a pizza from the shop next door; they ordered it.

It had bacon (Ok), shrimp (eh) and pineapple on it. I managed one piece....

terbear1225

When I was in Denmark last month, I went in with a couple other pub locals on a pizza from the shop next door; they ordered it.

bought a slice in Spain once, thought it was ham and pineapple. Got up to the hotel room and opened up the foil to discover it was ham and potato. In my defense, the store was not well lit and I may have had too much sangria before making the purchase.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

When we were in Newport we had lobster pizza. Monello liked it, I was like...meh.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Papa John's pizza is some of the finest pizza to ever grace this nation to feed the ingrate loser inhabitants therein.
And the garlic sauce that comes with each delightful pie is nothing short of The Nectar of the Gods.

:yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Is pineapple an acceptable pizza topping? America weighs in

As 2017 comes to a close, we finally have some solid data for the great debate of the year: Is pineapple an acceptable pizza topping?

Pizza delivery app Slice surveyed 34,000 people about pie controversies — including their taste in pizza toppings and the age-old battle between New York City and Chicago for the best pizza. Turns out 54 percent of respondents (out of the 9,474 who weighed in on this question) join the likes of Gordon Ramsay in saying no, pineapple does not belong on pizza.

Throughout the year, there's been a heated debate on Twitter and beyond about pineapple as a pizza topping. Pineapple haters may have come out victorious, but that still means 46 percent of people give their blessing for pizza with a tropical twist. At least it's more acceptable than pizza topped with strawberries.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddr...ca-weighs-in/ar-BBF662w?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

I personally love pineapple (and ham!) on pizza. :yum:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pizza Crust like potato chips or french fries is a vehicle for whatever you want to put on it or dip it in

Cheese
BBQ Sauce
Ketchup
Mayo
Ranch

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pizza Crust like potato chips or french fries is a vehicle for whatever you want to put on it or dip it in

Then you need to step up your crust/chip/fry game. The crust can make or break a pizza, just like perfect crispy fries can stand alone without ketchup. Anna's in Williamsburg and Isabella's in Baltimore are the ones Monello and I still talk about and the standard we hold other pizza to.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Then you need to step up your crust/chip/fry game. The crust can make or break a pizza, just like perfect crispy fries can stand alone without ketchup. Anna's in Williamsburg and Isabella's in Baltimore are the ones Monello and I still talk about and the standard we hold other pizza to.

:yay:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I peg you as a Little Caesar's type of guy... :yay:

I am not a Pizza Snob, I eat it all ...

Pizza Boli's is the current home favorite

but I still get PH, PJ, D, L, and LC on occasion

and when in Hollywood - Pepperoni's in Calf. MD

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Papa John's CEO Steps Down Following Controversial Remarks On NFL

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...s-down-following-controversial-remarks-on-nfl

Pizza will still suck... :coffee:

These people are like the freaking Gestapo. Papa John's comment wasn't all that - hardly anything to pitch a fit over, and certainly not "controversial" enough to demand he be fired. I'm getting flat sick of the thought police in this country. Not sure why we're catering to them and allowing them to run everything.

SamSpade

These people are like the freaking Gestapo. Papa John's comment wasn't all that - hardly anything to pitch a fit over, and certainly not "controversial" enough to demand he be fired. I'm getting flat sick of the thought police in this country. Not sure why we're catering to them and allowing them to run everything.

It's mostly the pop culture and the media. The Republicans for years have known they can be destroyed in the public arena just by stepping out of line or implying the wrong thing.
Trump is different because he doesn't care and fights back. Reagan did also - but he was just VERY good at it, and he knew them very well.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So let me get this straight. The guy tells the truth and there was some sort of backlash?