Pedestrian Struck - Great Mills

SoMDGirl42

Rose, I assume his mother was taking drugs while pregnant with him. Just gave him a buck a few weeks back at the gas station. Other than asking folks nicely for a dollar (and that only in the last few weeks) I never saw him harassing anyone in the couple of years I have seen him along GMR. Odd behavior, true but not bad behavior.

I never saw him harrassing anyone. He just kinda weirded me out with his odd behavior. The first few times I encountered him, I thought he was arguing with someone one the phone, until I realized he didn't have a boothtooth in his ear.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
25 year old male.
The same guy that walks in the road every day, he often walks up the middle of the road. Police get calls EVERY DAY about him. it was a hit and run but they came back to the scene.

Wonder what the driver had to get outta the car before coming back to the scene? Glad they at least came back.

Now we the taxpayers get to pay his hospital bills. Lucky us.

Yep, what else is new? :rolleyes:

Yes, this is the guy you are talking about. He was mentally challenged due to drugs from his mother. I had heard he died in route to the trauma center.

Very sad. These lowlifes don't have a care in the world about popping out kids who will be screwed up for life. I used to work with kids born addicted to drugs/alcohol, very sad indeed.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
If in fact this was the young man he was also a tax payer..Worked at IHOP.
You must admit that the taxes he paid as an employee of IHOP will never, ever come close to covering the expenses of a catastrophic injury.

ResidentGuest

You must admit that the taxes he paid as an employee of IHOP will never, ever come close to covering the expenses of a catastrophic injury.
He probably has Health Insurance that will pay the bill, don't sweat it. No one pays enough in taxes to cover a typical Shock Trauma bill unless you are someone like Bill Gates. When you go to collect your Social Security, it is only a matter of years before you expend the total amount of taxes paid in to the system.
What happened to compassion and empathy for our fellow man? Who gives a rats arse how much the bill is? The concern should be for his well being and the devastation an accident like that causes him and the rest of his family.

thurley42

HY;FR
He probably has Health Insurance that will pay the bill, don't sweat it. No one pays enough in taxes to cover a typical Shock Trauma bill unless you are someone like Bill Gates. When you go to collect your Social Security, it is only a matter of years before you expend the total amount of taxes paid in to the system.
What happened to compassion and empathy for our fellow man? Who gives a rats arse how much the bill is? The concern should be for his well being and the devastation an accident like that causes him and the rest of his family.

If you don't walk where cars drive this won't happen... I feel bad for the person who hit them more.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
He worked hard for the amount of money he made. But I'm quite sure with his medical condition he had assitance. WE the taxpayers get stuck with alot of bills. Housing welfare tempoary cash assistance food stamps medical assistance. Please! 1 decent human being gets killed by a car a hit 7 run no less & we're talkin about hospital bills. Manymore things to be worried about in life!

What is the first letter of Chad's last name?, wonder if it's the same person I'm thinking of.

ResidentGuest

Sad News

I didn't know Chad but I am sorry for his loss of life and the pain and suffering his loved ones have to deal with. For those of you worrying about taxpayer dollars, why don't you start complaining about the entitlements that are the larger amount of money wasted. Politician entitlements are one of the biggest chunks of our change. The amount spent on Welfare, Food Stamps etc. is nothing compared to the other entitlements. As far as money wasted on those who don't deserve it, stop the Anchor babies and other money spent on illegals, although they do not compare with the entitlements our politicians receive for life.

thurley42

HY;FR
I didn't know Chad but I am sorry for his loss of life and the pain and suffering his loved ones have to deal with. For those of you worrying about taxpayer dollars, why don't you start complaining about the entitlements that are the larger amount of money wasted. Politician entitlements are one of the biggest chunks of our change. The amount spent on Welfare, Food Stamps etc. is nothing compared to the other entitlements. As far as money wasted on those who don't deserve it, stop the Anchor babies and other money spent on illegals, although they do not compare with the entitlements our politicians receive for life.

What does that have to do with staying out of traffic?

keekee

Please let me speak with his family first and then I will post his last name

Terri I hope nothing I said was disrespectful.
I was disgusted with some of the responses in this thread, as I am in many other threads. I don't even respond to the gross insensitivity and cruel judgement that sometimes appears in these forums. To me, it is unimagineable to not have empathy and sadness after hearing that this young man passed away. Not everyone on here is that heartless.
R.I.P. Chad

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
If it were an accident, I'd feel badly about him being struck.

But that he ROUTINELY walked in front of moving vehicles makes me less tolerant of idiotic behavior.

I feel badly for the person who struck him.

tiltedangel

& he used sidewalks as well. With the medical condition that he had no one is to blame here. It was an accident but to be so insensitive to someone's life to me is unreal.

way to go Terri:yahoo: i knew you for years and i am so happy you are standing up for him, i didn't know him, but i saw him many times. He is looking down on you smiling.

Mr.Steed

"BadGirl" - "If it were an accident, I'd feel badly about him being struck.

But that he ROUTINELY walked in front of moving vehicles makes me less tolerant of idiotic behavior.

I feel badly for the person who struck him."

You are as disgusting and moronic as your husband, you two make a good match. Let's hope that you never walk in front of him when he is on one of his animal killing sprees. Really, BG, did you know this poor man personally? Why don't you keep your ugly opinions to yourself. Karma is not a myth! :smack:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

You are as disgusting and moronic as your husband, you two make a good match. Let's hope that you never walk in front of him when he is on one of his animal killing sprees. Really, BG, did you know this poor man personally? Why don't you keep your ugly opinions to yourself. Karma is not a myth! :smack:

I don't like you, either, so we're even.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Reply with quote is your friend.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
So, a question to those folks who are all pissy crying over this guy getting hit by a car.

Knowing that he was not in optimum health, and that he often stumbled in to roadways and the path of traffic, why did you not take him to and from wherever he was going so he avoided being any where near the road?

He was an accident waiting to happen. Why didn't you do anything to prevent it?

And, yes, it is unfortunate that a young man was hit. It is tragic that his friends and family are saddened by his passing. But what did they do to make sure that it didn't happen in the first place?