Peeve of the Day

ginwoman

I'll tell you what peeved me today were the couple who sat behind us at the movie theater and rattled bags (like chip bags or something)and chewed for the first 20 minutes. Fortunately by the time the movie (American Sniper) actually came on, they had pretty much stopped. The whole frikkin theater was basically available for them to sit when they came in, but no.....they had to jam us up.

mamatutu

mama to two
Wait! I thought of something else!

Those Rob Lowe DirecTV commercials. :dead:

Why, Rob? Why?? Why are you doing those terrible and embarrassing commercials???

For the same reason Marie Osmond does those ultra annoying, incessant Nutrisystem commercials. Mullah. Oh, and she had a little help from surgery. Did you know she got paid 1.7 mil for this gig? :faint: It is the same as Kirstie Ally, and all the other numerous celebs that do commercials. All I can think is that they have no other source of income; as in they are has beens.

Last edited:

FED_UP

I'll tell you what peeved me today were the couple who sat behind us at the movie theater and rattled bags (like chip bags or something)and chewed for the first 20 minutes. Fortunately by the time the movie (American Sniper) actually came on, they had pretty much stopped. The whole frikkin theater was basically available for them to sit when they came in, but no.....they had to jam us up.

People like company, nice of you to accommodate them.

catlingirl

I can't stand the progressive commercials and the furniture commercials, especially the chaise ones. Another thing is when I'm at the library looking for books and another person crowds around me where I'm at. I leave the space and go back after they leave. Its usually at the carts with the new books this happens.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
For the same reason Marie Osmond does those ultra annoying, incessant Nutrisystem commercials. Mullah. Oh, and she had a little help from surgery. Did you know she got paid 16 mil for this gig? :faint: It is the same as Kirstie Ally, and all the other numerous celebs that do commercials. All I can think is that they have no other source of income; as in they are has beens.

Marie Osmond certainly is no has been. Like her or not, she's definitely a working woman making quite a living for herself and her kids. She has written books (some are craft books of her own designs, and has a line of embroidery designs) she has her Doll collection, she's been on Broadway, she has the Nutrisystem deal (so what if she's had "work done" - she looks great and she's keeping that weight off that she gained [50 lbs]) She and Donny did their annual Christmas show during the month of December (which I got to see this year at the National Theater) AND she and Donny have their Las Vegas show.

That's some has-been!

FED_UP

Certain people in general today have no common sense; I guess that is the bottom line. This world today is like it’s all about me and not you. Selfish fuggers. We can't blame it on the parenting, adults are supposed to know right from wrong. I guess the common sense part is the ignorance they inherited over the years has no cure and where not challenged enough by the people they offend. Last thing that kind of irked me in shoppers, lady has EBT card and has to put back about 15-20 bucks worth of stuff due to lack of funds. Common sense people would know there balance before going to the store, WTF.

mamatutu

mama to two
Certain people in general today have no common sense; I guess that is the bottom line. This world today is like it’s all about me and not you. Selfish fuggers. We can't blame it on the parenting, adults are supposed to know right from wrong. I guess the common sense part is the ignorance they inherited over the years has no cure and where not challenged enough by the people they offend. Last thing that kind of irked me in shoppers, lady has EBT card and has to put back about 15-20 bucks worth of stuff due to lack of funds. Common sense people would know there balance before going to the store, WTF.

Good points. I guess that is why I don't get riled when I come up against these type of situations. Why waste my energy or turn it negative. All we can do is the best we can, make changes when we can, and ride it out. I guess I feel sorry for people that are so oblivious to others, so I try to make up for it when I can. The world is still a good place even though it seems to be getting worse. It is what you make of it.

MarieB

Self-checkout: I love it! What I don't love is when the person behind me starts scanning their groceries and sends them down the belt....right into where I'm trying to bag my groceries. Dude, really? Just hang on 15 seconds and I'll be out of your way. Stop bombarding me with your stuff. It's annoying AND I might just accidentally stick your groceries in my bag.

Why are people so rude??

I wait an appropriate amount of time

But if you are effing with your purse or phone too long, then my groceries are coming down the belt whether you are done bagging or not.

mamatutu

mama to two
For the same reason Marie Osmond does those ultra annoying, incessant Nutrisystem commercials. Mullah. Oh, and she had a little help from surgery. Did you know she got paid 1.7 mil for this gig? :faint: It is the same as Kirstie Ally, and all the other numerous celebs that do commercials. All I can think is that they have no other source of income; as in they are has beens.

I just looked up the spelling for mullah, as in money. I thought I had it right. Here is the definition. Thought it was funny. Haha on me! How dare I not be politically correct! :lol:

Mullah

Mullah is derived from the Quranic term Mawla. However due to the ambiguous and varied use of the term in the Quran, some publishers have described its usage as a religious title as unquranic. Nonetheless it still sometimes used to refer to a Muslim man or woman, educated in Islamic theology and sacred law.

Moola

[ ˈmo͞oˌlä ]

NOUN

money.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
She has a bunch of these witty names for things. I'm gonna have to make a list of them. To go along with all this vraiblondeisms. Things like dreadmill, assorted & sundry, go Speed Racer(slow driver), starter marriage, etc.

I agree. I have told vrai before that she has excellent writing skills. She is definitely original in her sayings. And, most cause a laugh. Some, not so much! :lol:

If she were ever to write a book about this forum, it would definitely be a best seller!

BOP

I can't stand the progressive commercials and the furniture commercials, especially the chaise ones. Another thing is when I'm at the library looking for books and another person crowds around me where I'm at. I leave the space and go back after they leave. Its usually at the carts with the new books this happens.

Speaking of Progressive, have you seen the latest ones? "Kill her!" :lmao: I wonder if it's coincidence, or they've seen the sentiments expressed on line about Flo.

BOP

Marie Osmond certainly is no has been. Like her or not, she's definitely a working woman making quite a living for herself and her kids. She has written books (some are craft books of her own designs, and has a line of embroidery designs) she has her Doll collection, she's been on Broadway, she has the Nutrisystem deal (so what if she's had "work done" - she looks great and she's keeping that weight off that she gained [50 lbs]) She and Donny did their annual Christmas show during the month of December (which I got to see this year at the National Theater) AND she and Donny have their Las Vegas show.

That's some has-been!

You know you're old when you go to Donnie and Marie concerts. Next stop, Branson!

Vince

Self-checkout: I love it! What I don't love is when the person behind me starts scanning their groceries and sends them down the belt....right into where I'm trying to bag my groceries. Dude, really? Just hang on 15 seconds and I'll be out of your way. Stop bombarding me with your stuff. It's annoying AND I might just accidentally stick your groceries in my bag.

Why are people so rude??
I'd be throwing their groceries in my bags. Ooops, I'm sorry. Did I bag some of your stuff by mistake. Oh, well, if you would wait your ass for a minute, I'd have been out of your effing way. :shrug:

Bann

PREMO Member

But if you are effing with your purse or phone too long, then my groceries are coming down the belt whether you are done bagging or not.

:lmao: Yep! All bets are off if you are putzing around! :yay:

Vince

I don't have a purse Marie and most men don't screw around when it comes to getting your groceries and getting out. :lol: I really hate it when some woman is bagging her groceries and talking on her dayum cell phone.

Bann

PREMO Member
You know you're old when you go to Donnie and Marie concerts. Next stop, Branson!

:nono: Old? Nah! Age is but a number, BOP. 56 for me this year and I am far from old acting.

Anyway, we went in December - and I LOVED IT! Foxhound signed on because I really wanted to go and I booked the tickets as soon as I saw the commercial on TV. The seats were nearly booked then, too. He could have backed out & I had any number of GFs who would have gone with me.

IF you love the Osmonds- like I did when I was a younger gal - no doubt about it, they put on a great show. Classy, no vulgarity. Good clean fun. I didn't have to put up with a bunch of mouth breathing, pants hanging to their knees idiots in the audience either. :yay: Winning!

ginwoman

:nono: Old? Nah! Age is but a number, BOP. 56 for me this year and I am far from old acting.

Anyway, we went in December - and I LOVED IT! Foxhound signed on because I really wanted to go and I booked the tickets as soon as I saw the commercial on TV. The seats were nearly booked then, too. He could have backed out & I had any number of GFs who would have gone with me.

IF you love the Osmonds- like I did when I was a younger gal - no doubt about it, they put on a great show. Classy, no vulgarity. Good clean fun. I didn't have to put up with a bunch of mouth breathing, pants hanging to their knees idiots in the audience either. :yay: Winning!

please splain' "mouth breathing" Bann. Not sure what I am missing.

cricketmd

Sounds like you had a rough day Vrial :lol: "but at least she had nice breath" that made me LOL here at work! :roflmao: You are soo good at finding the positives! :smooch: