Pence walks out on NFL. PR stunt costs taxpayers $250,000

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Correct. If they can do what they want publically before the anthem, then Pence can do what he wants to after the anthem. Equal rights, correct?

Sapidus

What's your actual thoughts on this display? Mine is it's akin to proudly stating your atheism while your hosts are saying grace. I find it to be extremely rude to be disrespectful to publicly mock something that so many people hold in high esteem.

I think it is perfectly fine and well within their first amendment rights.

The first two times Colin did it he sat on the bench. He then met with a veteran who encouraged him to kneel to show respect to the flag while also showing his displeasure at police violence. It’s not mocking and the people kneeling are still showing respect while protesting police violence.

People get mad when blacks march, when BLM protests, when players kneel. People got mad when blacks sat on the bus, sat at lunch counters. Why don’t you tell black people how and when they should protest if you think you have all the answers.

SamSpade

What's your actual thoughts on this display? Mine is it's akin to proudly stating your atheism while your hosts are saying grace. I find it to be extremely rude to be disrespectful to publicly mock something that so many people hold in high esteem.

MY thoughts are that if you're ignorant of the fact that your words or actions are deeply offensive to someone - once it's known to you that it IS - the onus is on you whether you do it again.

If you do or say something deeply offensive to say, someone's religion - if you KEEP DOING IT, THAT I can't overlook.
I have a good friend who is a little short - and I used to make comments in what I thought was a friendly way to tease him about it.
He mentioned to me that it bothered him. Twenty years on, I've never done it again.

As someone observed - if you step on my foot, you might have made a mistake and it can be dismissed.
If you KEEP STEPPING ON MY FOOT, I can't forgive it, because you KNOW it offends and choose to do it.

I keep hearing how the players are saying that you don't understand what we feel and think -
And it goes both ways - if you can't bring yourself to understand how this offends others, don't expect anyone to try to understand you.

Sapidus

I get President Trumps Tweets, Somehow I missed all these Tweets you speak off. Please post these Tweets you speak of....
And VP Pence going has been planned since May right after it was announced that Paytons number was being retired..
Its not like VP Pence is not connected to Indiana...

So it’s been planned since May.

Trump says in his tweet “I told him to leave if the kneeled.”

He knew ahead of time they would kneel.

He flew there that day.

Using logic it is clear that it was a preplanned PR stunt and a waste of tax payer money

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
People get mad when blacks march, when BLM protests .....

Blacks can March all the want ......

this is not the result of marching ....

ferguson-riots--fi_3116894c.jpg

Sapidus

MY thoughts are that if you're ignorant of the fact that your words or actions are deeply offensive to someone - once it's known to you that it IS - the onus is on you whether you do it again.

If you do or say something deeply offensive to say, someone's religion - if you KEEP DOING IT, THAT I can't overlook.
I have a good friend who is a little short - and I used to make comments in what I thought was a friendly way to tease him about it.
He mentioned to me that it bothered him. Twenty years on, I've never done it again.

As someone observed - if you step on my foot, you might have made a mistake and it can be dismissed.
If you KEEP STEPPING ON MY FOOT, I can't forgive it, because you KNOW it offends and choose to do it.

I keep hearing how the players are saying that you don't understand what we feel and think -
And it goes both ways - if you can't bring yourself to understand how this offends others, don't expect anyone to try to understand you.

Ok well using your logic blacks are saying it’s disrespectful the way we are treated by police.

Yet you and many Americans have no problem ignoring that. Despite dashcam, video and other overwhelming evidence.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ok well using your logic blacks are saying it’s disrespectful the way we are treated by police.

Yet you and many Americans have no problem ignoring that. Despite dashcam, video and other overwhelming evidence.

Don't break the law...won't get shot.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You really need to get it together. That’s what Blackdog said.

I know Trump is dumb but to think they aren’t going to kneel Would be stupid even for him

Maybe Trump and Spence were giving them the benefit of the doubt..expecting that they'd eventually stop behaving like petulant spoiled brats and overpaid prima donna's and realize they are only cutting their own multi-millionaire throats.

One can hope, right?

Rommey

Do you know where the idea of kneeling instead of sitting came from?
No, besides Kapernut, where did it come from and specifically what does it signify? And what's the end game? Do they continue to kneel in-perpetuity? What is the "thing" that will satisfy their complaint?

So you are more concerned with disrespect to the flag then [sic] unnecessary deaths at the hands of police.
Sounds logical.
It is logical. The flag is the symbol of America; disrespecting the flag is disrespecting America. Are you OK with them kneeling? I don't mean do you support their right to kneel; are you personally OK with their actions on that stage? Hypothetically, what if they chose to stick up a middle finger during the anthem? Would you be OK with that? At what point would you consider their action to be over the line?

While some deaths at the hands of police are unnecessary, most are justified. Do some use excessive force? Sure, not going to deny it happens. Do some go on power trips and go into "respect mah aurtorita" mode? Sure, it happens. But these are the exceptions. Most times cops have reasonable intentions to enforcing the law and some criminals/suspects just fail to understand if a cop is intent on arresting them, he's going to do it. Right or wrong, at some point, fighting and resisting arrest is pointless. How many of the "unnecessary" deaths were because the suspect was not following the cops instructions/orders? Or worse made a threatening gesture? How many were accidental?

I'm not excusing bad cop behavior and any cop found doing something illegal should have the maximum punishment...because they have been trained and should have known better. But I believe bad cops make up an extremely small percentage of any given department.

Sapidus

Maybe Trump and Spence were giving them the benefit of the doubt..expecting that they'd eventually stop behaving like petulant spoiled brats and overpaid prima donna's and realize they are only cutting their own multi-millionaire throats.

One can hope, right?

It obviously has never occurred to someone so materialistic they post pictures of their stuff to try to impress strangers that there are more important things than money. Like lives?