Pit Bull Attack!!!!!!

lovinmaryland

for those faint at heart, I will post pics later. If you don't want to see it, don't click the link. I don't want to hear any complaining later, you've been warned.

So far this morning she has had explosive diarrhea and refuses to eat. I'm afraid this may be worse than originally thought. Two hours to wait for the vet to open this am :tap: Seems like an eternity waiting.

Are you taking her to M? I know she will take good care of her. Head up girl she will be ok :huggy:

SoMDGirl42

My dog has been admitted to the vet hospital. They will be sedating her, taking her to surgery, exploring, debrebing all of her injuries. We know of at least four very large bite wounds on her neck and both front legs have bites. She's limping and lame so they will be making sure she doesn't have any fractures of her legs. Poor girl is so tramatized.

SoMDGirl42

Are you taking her to M? I know she will take good care of her. Head up girl she will be ok :huggy:

We saw M last night. It appears her injuries require much more than we could do for her last night. I'll know more this afternoon when the surgery is complete.

SoMDGirl42

Is your yard fenced or do you (did you) have your dog tied up?

My big boy was attacked last year by my neighbor's two dogs - both Mastiff/Lab mixes. One dog had broken through my fence and the other followed. It was pretty horrifying, but luckily the injuries were not too bad.

Good luck with your doggy - and with animal control/cops. :yay:

I do not have a fenced yard, she was tied up to a 50 foot run. She comes inside to a create when she's not out.

The good news is, I did manage to get her extra weight off. Last vet visit she was 102.8 pounds and over weight. Today's visit, 86.7 and perfect for her size.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
No! You NEVER tell them you shot their dog. Just bury it and keep your mouth shut.

I did this once long ago. A pit killed my cat, the guy paid, end of story? right, wrong. This dog was always coming in my yard, and I wanted to get another kitten but couldnt because I knew this damn dog would kill it. Well to make a long story short, it showed up in my yard one morning, I put it in my car and we took it to a friends property and I shot it and then we buried it. I felt so bad, still do but it was worth it because that kitten i wanted lived to be like 13 yrs old. I killed so mine could live. So in some cases its justified. Just when you do it, keep it to yourself. They may look for revenge. And so sorry about your dog.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I did this once long ago. A pit killed my cat, the guy paid, end of story? right, wrong. This dog was always coming in my yard, and I wanted to get another kitten but couldnt because I knew this damn dog would kill it. Well to make a long story short, it showed up in my yard one morning, I put it in my car and we took it to a friends property and I shot it and then we buried it. I felt so bad, still do but it was worth it because that kitten i wanted lived to be like 13 yrs old. I killed so mine could live. So in some cases its justified. Just when you do it, keep it to yourself. They may look for revenge. And so sorry about your dog.

Devi's advocate....

How can you be certain a cat that is let outside will remain in its own yard?

lovinmaryland

Me either. ANY DOG has the ability to kill a cat. It's not necessarily Pits..it is prey drive and there are a lot of dogs (herding dogs) that have a stronger prey drive than a Pit.

I mean if the pit or any dog for that matter were attacking my pet or child on my property hell yeah I would shoot it. But to kill a dog because it might hurt my pet or child is another story.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Me either. ANY DOG has the ability to kill a cat. It's not necessarily Pits..it is prey drive and there are a lot of dogs (herding dogs) that have a stronger prey drive than a Pit.

Jinx killed a cat a few years ago. The cat was in MY yard at the wrong time. Not sure who the cat belong to, I'd never seen it in the neighborhood before. All black.

Can't blame the dog for doing what comes "naturally" to him.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I mean if the pit or any dog for that matter were attacking my pet or child on my property hell yeah I would shoot it. But to kill a dog because it might hurt my pet or child is another story.

It's a case by case basis. :yay: But if you have a roaming cat and a roaming dog...all bets are equal in my opinion. Hell, my Boxer Abbey would kills most wildlife that enters our yard and suspect if a cat were to come in, it would be fair game. However, she is fine with the cats that live in our home and she is not a threat to people.

tyky

eieio
Jinx killed a cat a few years ago. The cat was in MY yard at the wrong time. Not sure who the cat belong to, I'd never seen it in the neighborhood before. All black.

Can't blame the dog for doing what comes "naturally" to him.

:faint: and I let you dog sit my lil dog :lol:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
:yeahthat: I am not sure I could have done that.

It was a matter of protecting my future kittys. I and my hubby didnt think I could. But I did it so Barney could live and I have no regrets, I would do it again. I dont feel good about it but would do it all over.

PrepH4U

Yep exactly! An American Eskimo killed my pet chicken and they are not normally known as killers . The owners were willing to get rid of the dog, but my feeling was why punish the kids in the family who were attached to the dog.