Pit Bull Attack!!!!!!

JULZ

BFJ
I don't know what is wrong with people letting their dogs run loose and refusing to pony up for damages caused by their dog. My neighbor's dog bit me a few weeks ago, the wound got infected, spent a week in the hospital and the owners refused to pay the medical bills (no insurance here). That is all I was asking for at the time. I see an attorney tomorrow and now I am going for the bills and whatever else I can get. Animal Control has been called at least 10 times by me for their dog (pit mix) running loose. They just ignore AC and let the dog run. All AC does is come out and tell them to control their dog. This is also in Callaway. We also have a really bad pit bull in our neighborhood but this one tends to stay at the other end of the road.

See post #7.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Jinx killed a cat a few years ago. The cat was in MY yard at the wrong time. Not sure who the cat belong to, I'd never seen it in the neighborhood before. All black.

Can't blame the dog for doing what comes "naturally" to him.

If my cat is on your property and it happens, its my fault. No foul for the dog but this damn dog was ALWAYS in my yard with no leash. So I dont feel as I was wrong. I could of never had another cat with that dog alive. Did I mention that I had the dog picked up by AC 4 times in 2 months. This guy would go pay 25.00 and get his dog back.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
It was a matter of protecting my future kittys. I and my hubby didnt think I could. But I did it so Barney could live and I have no regrets, I would do it again. I dont feel good about it but would do it all over.

You know, I don't want to argue, but outside kitties run the risk of being attacked by anything, depending on where you live. You don't know where your cats go and you cannot guarantee that your cats aren't wandering onto the offending dog(s') property, causing the dog(s) to give chase.

It is not uncommon for a fox to kill a cat. I've even witnessed a raccoon kill a cat...not to mention how brutal a fight between to cats can be.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I could of never had another cat with that dog alive.
Why not? You don't believe in keeping cats indoors? If there are outside threats to your animals, protect them. You don't go and shoot another animal because you want your "future" kitties to be able to roam free.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Why not? You don't believe in keeping cats indoors? If there are outside threats to your animals, protect them. You don't go and shoot another animal because you want your "future" kitties to be able to roam free.

sitting on the front porch and running free are two different things. Dont hate, I dont like what I had to do, But I still say Id do it all again. sorry.

PrepH4U

My dog has been admitted to the vet hospital. They will be sedating her, taking her to surgery, exploring, debrebing all of her injuries. We know of at least four very large bite wounds on her neck and both front legs have bites. She's limping and lame so they will be making sure she doesn't have any fractures of her legs. Poor girl is so tramatized.

I hope all turns out well :huggy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I hope all turns out well :huggy:

:yeahthat:

A few years ago, my daughter's pup will killed by a neighbor's Lab mix. Her Shih-Tzu was in her yard, on a small lead while my daughter ran in to check on my grandbaby. Within just few minutes, the puppy was killed.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
It was a matter of protecting my future kittys. I and my hubby didnt think I could. But I did it so Barney could live and I have no regrets, I would do it again. I dont feel good about it but would do it all over.

I hope the dead dog's owners are not members of this forum. :faint:

SoMDGirl42

:yeahthat:

A few years ago, my daughter's pup will killed by a neighbor's Lab mix. Her Shih-Tzu was in her yard, on a small lead while my daughter ran in to check on my grandbaby. Within just few minutes, the puppy was killed.

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter's puppy. A little dog doesn't stand a chance against a dog like that. Did anything come out of it? I hope the dog that attacked the little one got the death penalty.

I am thankful that it wasn't one of the shih tzus or the new pug. At least the big dog had a little bit of a chance against this vicious pit. And yes, I said vicious. AC just left again. They picked up the pit for a 10 days. He said after the last attack the dog was deemed vicious. She was required to keep the dog in a pad locked dog pound in her 6 foot privacy fence.

I'm terrified if they allow her to get the dog back again, next time it could be half pint, me or one of the little dogs. That's a chance I'm not willing to take.

She also admitted to AC that she never paid the vet bills from the last attack. That was kind of her to admit that, it will come in handy when I have him (AC) sitting on the witness stand to testify to that.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I am sorry for the loss of your daughter's puppy. A little dog doesn't stand a chance against a dog like that. Did anything come out of it? I hope the dog that attacked the little one got the death penalty.

I am thankful that it wasn't one of the shih tzus or the new pug. At least the big dog had a little bit of a chance against this vicious pit. And yes, I said vicious. AC just left again. They picked up the pit for a 10 days. He said after the last attack the dog was deemed vicious. She was required to keep the dog in a pad locked dog pound in her 6 foot privacy fence.

I'm terrified if they allow her to get the dog back again, next time it could be half pint, me or one of the little dogs. That's a chance I'm not willing to take.

She also admitted to AC that she never paid the vet bills from the last attack. That was kind of her to admit that, it will come in handy when I have him (AC) sitting on the witness stand to testify to that.

Owners of Lab paid for the pup.

What is a "pad locked dog pound?" Do you mean pen? :biggrin:

Mojo

I did this once long ago. A pit killed my cat, the guy paid, end of story? right, wrong. This dog was always coming in my yard, and I wanted to get another kitten but couldnt because I knew this damn dog would kill it. Well to make a long story short, it showed up in my yard one morning, I put it in my car and we took it to a friends property and I shot it and then we buried it. I felt so bad, still do but it was worth it because that kitten i wanted lived to be like 13 yrs old. I killed so mine could live. So in some cases its justified. Just when you do it, keep it to yourself. They may look for revenge. And so sorry about your dog.

If you ever walk in my yard and step on a friendly toad or one of gods other lovely creatures, I'll pack you in a container filled with hot sardines and drop you off in the nearest prison.

Yes, but I was afraid Penn would think I wanted to cuff him up or something, so I used pound instead. :killingme

:hot: I know you secretly dream of a tag team match, featuring you, Penn and Bonehead.

Intense

I did this once long ago. A pit killed my cat, the guy paid, end of story? right, wrong. This dog was always coming in my yard, and I wanted to get another kitten but couldnt because I knew this damn dog would kill it. Well to make a long story short, it showed up in my yard one morning, I put it in my car and we took it to a friends property and I shot it and then we buried it. I felt so bad, still do but it was worth it because that kitten i wanted lived to be like 13 yrs old. I killed so mine could live. So in some cases its justified. Just when you do it, keep it to yourself. They may look for revenge. And so sorry about your dog.

:MichaelVick:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
By some of the reasoning in here, I have every right to kill my neighbor's Chihuahua that runs lose and comes and terrorizes my poor innocent 160+ lb dog in his own yard. :eyeroll:

Anyhow, SoMdGrl, so sorry you are going through this. :huggy: Hopefully AC will keep the dog longer than 10 days.