Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

MiddleGround

Was able to check out the lovely balloon and beer bottle memorial that was set up at the intersection. Very touching.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
.... bulbs in the candelabra.

wmconfused4.gif

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Was able to check out the lovely balloon and beer bottle memorial that was set up at the intersection. Very touching.

Went down to LP City around 5 today and saw this. In addition to being an eyesore, the amount of balloons, bottles, and other mementos have to be a very distracting hazard.

3CATSAILOR

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4374...ngton-park-man-killed-in-motorcycle-accident/

Man, that impact. CLiff notes.

1. SUV leaving FDR for Rt 235 Northbound, had the green light. Biker coming south had the red.
2. Multiple commenters mention being passed at a high rate of speed by this and other bikes right before the crash. One mentioned being at the light before this and the bikers taking off rapidly.

Just a suggestion.......... perhaps nicely asking law enforcement to step of their enforcement efforts against the type of drivers may help. Or not.

glhs837

Power with Control
Just a suggestion.......... perhaps nicely asking law enforcement to step of their enforcement efforts against the type of drivers may help. Or not.

What, asking the Sheriff to start chasing "outlaw" bikers? Or do you mean asking for RLCs and sped cameras, whose citations folks running on suspended licences wont pay attention to?

black dog

Free America
What, asking the Sheriff to start chasing "outlaw" bikers? Or do you mean asking for RLCs and sped cameras, whose citations folks running on suspended licences wont pay attention to?

It's tough to get a speeding cam picture of the tag on a rocket when the tag is mounted under the rear fender.

glhs837

Power with Control
It's tough to get a speeding cam picture of the tag on a rocket when the tag is mounted under the rear fender.

True, and state law restricts speed cameras to school zones only. And, as I said, this guy in particular was in a state of perpetual suspension, so ignoring a $40 sped camera ticket was not going to keep him up nights.

officeguy

Roadblocks and impound/forfeit the bikes of those who get caught. Some of those sportbike azzholes actually buy their bikes and taking them through forfeiture may make a difference.

Start impounding bikes for improperly mounted license plates or non-standard mufflers and they'll get the message.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Yeah, I remember the cluster#### the last one of those threads became. :bigwhoop: Sorry, but it doesn't belong there. Put that stuff on his grave.

Agree. All the memorial stuff is definitely a traffic hazard. I never understood why cycle riders have to act like bats out of hell. The traffic is bad enough without the cycles zooming by without warning; no matter if it is SoMD, the Beltway, interstate, or wherever. I cringe every time. They come out of nowhere.

glhs837

Power with Control
Roadblocks and impound/forfeit the bikes of those who get caught. Some of those sportbike azzholes actually buy their bikes and taking them through forfeiture may make a difference.

Start impounding bikes for improperly mounted license plates or non-standard mufflers and they'll get the message.

Pretty hard to roadblock them. Getting enough cars in front of them is not easy, nor is placing your cars such that there's no gap. And the PR nightmare if you kill one? Pretty sure those offenses are not ones you can impound the bike for, but you could if they have a suspended liscence.

Agree. All the memorial stuff is definitely a traffic hazard. I never understood why cycle riders have to act like bats out of hell. The traffic is bad enough without the cycles zooming by without warning; no matter if it is SoMD, the Beltway, interstate, or wherever. I cringe every time. They come out of nowhere.

Watch it with the borad brush there LL. there are millions of us "cycle riders" who just ride in peace and quiet.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Watch it with the borad brush there LL. there are millions of us "cycle riders" who just ride in peace and quiet.

I know. I thought about that after I re-read my post. I didn’t mean to include y’all cool guys. Safe travels. :smile:

I would, also, like to say one of my bros was seriously injured on a cycle, and still suffers to this day. Not his fault. Because of that, I have never ridden a motorcycle. I am sure it is awesome. I will never experience it.

Last edited: