Police Barricade...

belvak

Happy Camper
I knew I could come here and figure out why I just got a phone call from the St. Mary's Co. police telling me to stay in my house with the doors and windows locked. I'm in Golden Beach, near the firehouse.

Ditto! Same phone call. I'm in Indian River Estates (just before the Golden Beach/Patuxent Knolls signs). :jameo: Doors and windows locked and alarm set...

Last edited:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I knew I could come here and figure out why I just got a phone call from the St. Mary's Co. police telling me to stay in my house with the doors and windows locked. I'm in Golden Beach, near the firehouse.

Wow did you sign up for them to do that?

D

Dixie

St Mary's Today is reporting that it's a grown man and he's barricaded himself inside his grandmothers house.

backagain39

I lived in that development years ago...we called it Indian River...all the streets have Indian Names....I lived on Cochise Court.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Just heard (from a friend) it was a mentally disabled child who shot their mom and is in the woods somewhere.
Emphasis on "Heard from a friend"

With all pro-gun and anti-gun issues aside....how the heck did a mentally disabled child get ahold of a gun?!! Anyone hear how the mom is doing? This kind of thing is sad, but makes me angry at the same time.
Let's get the facts straight before we jump the shark here.

MargeInCharge

No, I guess they know who lives here and all our phone numbers? It's a good thing, but I was surprised, and of course, very curious as to what was going on.

That's why I came here, I knew I could get the scoop here.. so thanks everyone :)

With all pro-gun and anti-gun issues aside....how the heck did a mentally disabled child get ahold of a gun?!! Anyone hear how the mom is doing? This kind of thing is sad, but makes me angry at the same time.

Pure speculation but it probably is not his gun - maybe he knew where Mom and Dad kept theirs at.

Also - a kid with ADHD can be labled as mentally disabled and not be on a red flag list...

Just some thoughts.

belvak

Happy Camper
No, I guess they know who lives here and all our phone numbers? It's a good thing, but I was surprised, and of course, very curious as to what was going on.

That's why I came here, I knew I could get the scoop here.. so thanks everyone :)

Again, ditto!! Keep feeding us facts folks!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

I think they use the reverse 911 system. I know whenever we get the chance of heavy rains and high winds (hurricane and tropical storm remnants) we get a recorded call advising us to leave the house due to flood potential.

SoMDMama82

Just heard (from a friend) it was a mentally disabled child who shot their mom and is in the woods somewhere.

Sorry, my friend is :shortbus: (maybe just nerves) I asked if it was "mentally unstable" and she said probably.

She said a police officer at the barricade told somebody, who told her daycare provided.

Don't know why they would tell everybody to "stay in your house, and lock all windows and doors" if they guy was barricaded in his grandmothers house.

I know an ambulance was called to standby, so hopefully that means the mother wasn't shot.

Pandora

I've been listening and heard one officer ask if the female's body was moved. It is unclear if the barricade is in or out of the house but just now, I think the Duty Officer asked for a phone call ASAP.

Now please, I am not an authority here. I'm listening just like others (and can get things wrong too). I have mentioned before that I have a great deal of static/interference in my scanner right now and think it might be Calvert County, which I'm having removed tomorrow at RadioShack when I see them about fixing my scanner problems.

I really do miss Jeff's scanner. :bawl: His was perfect, no interference and crystal clear.

Anyone who would shoot another out of a fit or anger would be classified as mentally unstable, doesn't mean they are medically retarded or mentally challenged. :shrug:

Island_Chick

Mommy of 2
The guy is still in the house. He just made contact with a family member they said something about Dogwood Cr. area i think that's the name .
The comand post is @ the golden beach firehouse if anyone wanted to know.

SoMDMama82

I live there also, but I'm at work. They are letting us leave early, but I can't go home :ohwell:

My grandmother is right around there, and my fiance, and friends. My cell phone has been ringing off the hook!

rack'm

Jaded
The guy is still in the house. He just made contact with a family member they said something about Dogwood Cr. area i think that's the name .
The comand post is @ the golden beach firehouse if anyone wanted to know.

Dogwood isn't Hidden River