President Trump’s family is living large — and American taxpayers are paying for it

itsbob

I bowl overhand
It's hard to fathom actually having a President that not only had a life before the White House but actually had a thriving business(es)..

It's hard to equate a Community Organizer and their lifestyle with somebody that actually made an economical difference to our country and employed thousands of his fellow American.

NOWHERE in the Constitution does it say a President has to give up the life he's accustomed to..

Let him keep running his businesses and he wouldn't have to do all this crap on the taxpayers dime.. but again.. How can they get their head around a successful business man actually being in office? You can't have it both ways.

It's hard to fathom actually having a President that not only had a life before the White House but actually had a thriving business(es)..

It's hard to equate a Community Organizer and their lifestyle with somebody that actually made an economical difference to our country and employed thousands of his fellow American.

NOWHERE in the Constitution does it say a President has to give up the life he's accustomed to..

Let him keep running his businesses and he wouldn't have to do all this crap on the taxpayers dime.. but again.. How can they get their head around a successful business man actually being in office? You can't have it both ways.

What really blows my mind is all the outrage of him coming into the political arena filthy rich by the same people who aren't stopping to think about all of the career politicians who became filthy rich only AFTER becoming career politicians... let's stop and think about that a moment.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What really blows my mind is all the outrage of him coming into the political arena filthy rich by the same people who aren't stopping to think about all of the career politicians who became filthy rich only AFTER becoming career politicians... let's stop and think about that a moment.

Well, there's that....

And they rail when we conclude that they're not the brightest bulbs in the pack.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Now theres a law I can get behind... No Congressman or Senator can leave office with more net worth than the started with plus half their salary.

Its amazing how many come in with nothing and leave Multimillionaires. And no one questions.

SamSpade

Time will tell of course, but one thing I am curious to see - if the current President has the same fascination with Hollywood and celebrities that the most recent one did.

I guess what I notice is, if you're already rich, and you already golf on the most lavish courses in the world - and maybe own a few - you don't have to go to exotic places and meet famous Hollywood nitwits and music celebrities to get off on. Because you've done it. The White House stops being the stepping stone to the good life, because you already have it. You don't have to make guest appearances on talk shows and TV to stay cool.

Now theres a law I can get behind... No Congressman or Senator can leave office with more net worth than the started with plus half their salary.

Its amazing how many come in with nothing and leave Multimillionaires. And no one questions.
Your law seems reasonable... yet this is what they came up with...

"The U.S. House on Friday eliminated a key requirement of the insider trading law for most federal employees, passing legislation exempting these workers, including congressional staff, from a rule scheduled to take effect next week that mandated online posting of financial transactions.

Aides to lawmakers insisted the changes were needed to avoid potential security risks to federal employees by revealing personal information."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...inate-key-requirement-of-insider-trading-law/

Rommey

Although the agencies which handle most of these expenses did not reply to the Post’s request for specific figures, the newspaper was able to estimate that the president’s three trips to Mar-a-Lago probably cost roughly $10 million,
I wonder how they estimated that. I find it hard to believe that is that much when Obama's two-week vacation in Hawaii cost $4.8M (which didn't include AF1 costs, which is covered by the AF).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I wonder how they estimated that. I find it hard to believe that is that much when Obama's two-week vacation in Hawaii cost $4.8M (which didn't include AF1 costs, which is covered by the AF).

BW1.jpg

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Yeah, I'm having a hard time with that number, too. Additionally, President Trump owns Mar-A-Lago, so he's not paying for that, outside of making his mortgage payment, if he has one. I don't see this as any different than going to Camp David.

Midnightrider

Yeah, I'm having a hard time with that number, too. Additionally, President Trump owns Mar-A-Lago, so he's not paying for that, outside of making his mortgage payment, if he has one. I don't see this as any different than going to Camp David.

where do you think secret service and trumps entourage stay? you think he comps them?

Chris0nllyn

Maybe they were figuring the 2-2.5 million to pay Florida police for security.

SamSpade

I don't know what the story is, if it costs no more for him to stay at the White House or to go somewhere else - IF the bulk of the cost is the security detail that has to follow.

Unlike several previous Presidents, it's not as though he doesn't already own fancy digs all over the world. He doesn't NEED to rent out an entire hotel - if he already OWNS it.

Most of the time, I didn't mind Obama taking vacations so long as he didn't take a LOT more than your typical President, he didn't run up the bill needlessly and especially if he didn't decide his family needed to go on their own vacations at the same time at taxpayer's expense. Years ago, when I was in that cult, they would decide they needed to have their yearly leader's retreat. In Paris. In nice hotels. For a week. Or TWO. With their families. At the expense of struggling families contributing ten percent of their gross because they believe their faith requires them to. I got disgusted with the wastefulness - those guys had NO concept of frugality.

Midnightrider

I don't know what the story is, if it costs no more for him to stay at the White House or to go somewhere else - IF the bulk of the cost is the security detail that has to follow.

Unlike several previous Presidents, it's not as though he doesn't already own fancy digs all over the world. He doesn't NEED to rent out an entire hotel - if he already OWNS it.

Most of the time, I didn't mind Obama taking vacations so long as he didn't take a LOT more than your typical President, he didn't run up the bill needlessly and especially if he didn't decide his family needed to go on their own vacations at the same time at taxpayer's expense. Years ago, when I was in that cult, they would decide they needed to have their yearly leader's retreat. In Paris. In nice hotels. For a week. Or TWO. With their families. At the expense of struggling families contributing ten percent of their gross because they believe their faith requires them to. I got disgusted with the wastefulness - those guys had NO concept of frugality.

do you really think he is comping the fed for all of those rooms?