President Trump’s family is living large — and American taxpayers are paying for it

SamSpade

I know that the government pays the salaries and the costs for all of his security when he travels, plus his entourage. where do you think they stay

How much do they pay security when he's just sitting in the White House, not going anywhere?
How much does it typically cost any President to go to normal President type functions outside the White House?

Frankly, I do think it's a little weird we pay these guys to watch an ex-President of either party.

Midnightrider

How much do they pay security when he's just sitting in the White House, not going anywhere?
How much does it typically cost any President to go to normal President type functions outside the White House?

Frankly, I do think it's a little weird we pay these guys to watch an ex-President of either party.

They have to guard the whitehouse no matter what.

I am sure you can see that obama and W both might have some intelligence an enemy might want. Even GHWB could have something worth kidnapping him over.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
so we don't care how much he spends of our money because he is used to living large? That's a pretty stupid argument. If he is supposed to be doing what is right for the country he would care about spending our money.

I'm not saying he shouldn't travel, but the excuse that living large is just what he is used to is dumb.

BTW, as I remember the Clintons were roasted over sleeping in separate bedrooms, how is it that no one cares that the first lady doesn't even want to be in the same city as the president?

Trump is not taking a salary, therefore, he IS savng us money.

Winning! So much winning!