Proposal to Widen the BW Parkway, I495, & I270

Hijinx

Anyone who doesn't believe that the expanded and rebuilt Woodrow Wilson bridge did not help with the bottleneck at the old bridge is living on a different planet.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I drive it twice a week, rather unfortunately. You don't know chit kid.

Cool beans, troll boy. Soon 60....I have to appreciate being called a "kid"....even by a complete moron like you.

Yep..I sure don't miss the "good ole days" when massive backups at the WW were almost guaranteed...I commuted regularly to meetings at ONR, various Crystal City locations, and Carderock...from the mid 80s.

Rommey

Thanks for the links. As best I can tell they admit there will be a increase in traffic but only at a percentage of increased capacity, due primarily to the toll function curbing the growth to make the road no longer congested.
Yea, for better or worse. Houston, TX doesn't have zoning laws, at least, and I think it's working out fine for them.
Well except for the flooding being a indirect result of the lack of zoning laws...

Rommey

I drive it twice a week, rather unfortunately. You don't know chit kid.
So is your commute better or worse now than it was before the new bridge? I assume you still come up RT5...do you think your drive will improve, remain the same, or get worse once Brandywine/Accokeek Road intersection gets upgraded?

Since you also don't like the governor's proposal, is it your opinion that nothing should be done on those roads? Just keep the status quo? At what point, in your opinion, should something be done to those roads? I realize you don't use them so it doesn't really affect you, but there are millions of others in the state that these roads affect. There are plenty of roads being upgraded that you'll probably never see. Maybe the governor should have checked with you first before these projects started.

Weems

So is your commute better or worse now than it was before the new bridge? I assume you still come up RT5...do you think your drive will improve, remain the same, or get worse once Brandywine/Accokeek Road intersection gets upgraded?

It's just as irritating as it's ever been.

Since you also don't like the governor's proposal, is it your opinion that nothing should be done on those roads? Just keep the status quo? At what point, in your opinion, should something be done to those roads? I realize you don't use them so it doesn't really affect you, but there are millions of others in the state that these roads affect. There are plenty of roads being upgraded that you'll probably never see. Maybe the governor should have checked with you first before these projects started.

It's all about the marketing. Build/expand the roads. Like I said, I couldn't care less (well except for the tax dollars it will cost). Just don't sell it as a way to alleviate traffic and be honest: the purpose is to grease the skids for development.

PeoplesElbow

It's just as irritating as it's ever been.

It's all about the marketing. Build/expand the roads. Like I said, I couldn't care less (well except for the tax dollars it will cost). Just don't sell it as a way to alleviate traffic and be honest: the purpose is to grease the skids for development.

Damn them, they plan on developing the vast stretches of forest and farmland around the beltway eh?

PeoplesElbow

Or, as you yourself mentioned, areas a couple of hours away:

:shrug:

So what development could widening the BW Parkway ahd the Beltway bring about? I doubt that there is much new to develop between Baltimore and DC, is that for the people that want to live in charm city and commute to DC? I find that an unlikely scenario. Widening the beltway, so it opens up development in Virginia, at Maryland's expense? Another scenario that I doubt.

The only one of the three that could possibly lead to more development would be I-270 if they wanted to open it up to more people on the other side of Frederick. That is really pushing it because in the early morning on the weekend (ie no traffic) it takes over 2hrs to get from Frederick to downtown DC. I suppose that is possible because I know someone who lives in West Virginia that commutes to Germantown, what a horrible life that is.

black dog

Free America
So what development could widening the BW Parkway ahd the Beltway bring about? I doubt that there is much new to develop between Baltimore and DC, is that for the people that want to live in charm city and commute to DC? I find that an unlikely scenario. Widening the beltway, so it opens up development in Virginia, at Maryland's expense? Another scenario that I doubt.

The only one of the three that could possibly lead to more development would be I-270 if they wanted to open it up to more people on the other side of Frederick. That is really pushing it because in the early morning on the weekend (ie no traffic) it takes over 2hrs to get from Frederick to downtown DC. I suppose that is possible because I know someone who lives in West Virginia that commutes to Germantown, what a horrible life that is.

I have a friend that commuted from on top of a mountain at Harper's Ferry WV to Bonafiant St in downtown Silver Spring for better that 20 years. Before that he did the same from Martinsburg,WV he rode the train when living there. He retired just this summer.
High Speed rail should heve been built to Hagerstown at least 25 years ago along the 270 connector and from Balt ( RT 70 ) to 270.

Weems

Been through Tysons Corner recently? Development is the engine that keeps everything going. Follow the money.

Wishbone

You have to drive to pickup a government handout?

No direct deposit? EBT?

Who knew?

Well you're projecting again. Nothing new there.

You gotta understand little troll, not everybody lives off the effort of others like you do. Some of us actually have to do something productive for a living so that the government can take a bigger bite to throw money under your Bridge to you.

Weems

Well you're projecting again. Nothing new there.

You gotta understand little troll, not everybody lives off the effort of others like you do. Some of us actually have to do something productive for a living so that the government can take a bigger bite to throw money under your Bridge to you.

Uh huh.

And I bet you're the best damn floor sweeper and knob polisher the Department of Education has ever seen! You go boy.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Uh huh.

And I bet you're the best damn floor sweeper and knob polisher the Department of Education has ever seen! You go boy.

You just lost your cred here. Congrats! Your post/this post sealed it. I am not going to say who you are, but I know.

Last edited: