Quality Horse Shoeing

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
SouthernMdRocks said:
I used a farrier awhile back that swore the best thing for bad thrush was something you use for cows with mastitis, sp?? can't remember the name right now, damn the signs of aging! :whistle:

cephlexin ointment

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Cephlax is what I use for punture injuries. My kitty kat is now being treated with it for an unknown puncture injury.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Pasofever said:
cephlexin ointment

Hmmm, I can't remember but it was in syringe. I'll have to go back through some stuff and see if I can find it. That very well might have been what it was.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Pasofever said:
cephlexin ointment

Also known as "Today" at Southern States. But instead of paying $13 through the vet for cephlexin, it only costs about $3 a tube. My vet gave me this advice back in 2001 when 2 of my horses decided they were going to become injured and layed up for months requiring tubes and tubes and tubes of cephlexin ointment. I love my vet.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
mygoldnhorse said:
Also known as "Today" at Southern States. But instead of paying $13 through the vet for cephlexin, it only costs about $3 a tube. My vet gave me this advice back in 2001 when 2 of my horses decided they were going to become injured and layed up for months requiring tubes and tubes and tubes of cephlexin ointment. I love my vet.

Yeah I use the $3 one it is for cow tittys...

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
Pasofever said:
cephlexin ointment

Enough actual informative discussion. :howdy: Farrier dude, where are your pics?! :huggy: Gotta know what I'm buying! :whistle: Hey Paso. :love:
Horselady, nobody beats Tim in quality of work or looks, but he's a tad young! :flowers:

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
Pasofever said:
:jailbait: :lmao:

Don't ever leave, you're the only person with a sense of humor on this whole forum. :flowers: Might want to watch the pictures you've been posting I'd hate for Appy....I mean Paso to disappear! :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Unbelievable said:
Don't ever leave, you're the only person with a sense of humor on this whole forum. :flowers: Might want to watch the pictures you've been posting I'd hate for Appy....I mean Paso to disappear! :lmao:

:love:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Unbelievable said:
Enough actual informative discussion. :howdy: Farrier dude, where are your pics?! :huggy: Gotta know what I'm buying! :whistle: Hey Paso. :love:
Horselady, nobody beats Tim in quality of work or looks, but he's a tad young! :flowers:

Yeah, he's young, but looking doesn't hurt right?? Seriously - He's unattached at the moment - any ideas???? He's gonna kill me!! :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
HorseLady said:
Yeah, he's young, but looking doesn't hurt right?? Seriously - He's unattached at the moment - any ideas???? He's gonna kill me!! :lmao:

Someone with NO horses.. :lmao:

T

TWHFAN1

I have one with Shoe's ( for now ) all my others go barefoot with
easyboot EPIC's ( Really like them!, they also sell easyboot Bare's, but Epic seem better ) or Old Mac's! They are super on the trails! :larry:

Sparks

Farrier said:
What is with in reason? My base price is $145.00 for a full set of basic keg shoes w/ or with out clips, this price also includes any basic mods ie rolled toes,rocker toes,lateral support but excludes any prostesis ie pads, bar shoes ect.
Mike

That would be reasonable to me.

Farrier

Ok, I think I will need a bit of time to read and respond to every ones posts. I type vary SLOW. I did not expect to get in for work and have 6 pages to sort through.

Paso, for thrush It depends on it's location on or in the frog. I would debrided any and all lose tissue that maybe holding debris in and the scrub the area with a iodine wash, the use kopertox or somthing along those lines.(This is for mild thrush) For a more severe case that may have invaded senitive structures i recomend Quartermaster this can be obtained only from your vet and is used for mastitus in lactating cows. It comes in a paste wormer type tube and has a tip that can be pushed into the affected area and get the medication right to the source of the infection.

Remember Thrush is a anerobic bacteria and can not live exposed to the air more than 3 days.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Farrier said:
Ok, I think I will need a bit of time to read and respond to every ones posts. I type vary SLOW. I did not expect to get in for work and have 6 pages to sort through.

Paso, for thrush It depends on it's location on or in the frog. I would debrided any and all lose tissue that maybe holding debris in and the scrub the area with a iodine wash, the use kopertox or somthing along those lines.(This is for mild thrush) For a more severe case that may have invaded senitive structures i recomend Quartermaster this can be obtained only from your vet and is used for mastitus in lactating cows. It comes in a paste wormer type tube and has a tip that can be pushed into the affected area and get the medication right to the source of the infection.

Remember Thrush is a anerobic bacteria and can not live exposed to the air more than 3 days.

Thank you for your time..

Farrier

Unbelievable said:
Okay, I looked at your website and certificates are impressive. However, let's get down to the basics. We have a lot of horses and have to spend a bit of time with the farrier. You appear to be good looking but can you post a few more pictures. Are you single? When you're thinking of making such a drastic change you really need all the facts! :howdy:
Married with children thank you. I think you need all the facts when making any changes to a horse's foot. What more do want to know.( be specific) I have nothing to hide.