Quality Horse Shoeing

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Star_WP.jpg

startrailmarty.jpg

Last edited:

Farrier

Horses can tolerate alot more pain than we can.
I have worked on a horse that cut it's entire lateral quarter off and after the 1st day never had a lame step but I would not put into work untill the foot was comepletly stable. I am not the best at getting a complete set of pics from start to finish altough I have a nice collection.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Farrier said:
30 Miles give or take.I know of him and pass his place from time to time. I do not really shoe WP's but I do have some on the books because of lameness reasons. I shoe for Kim Ward and Jenn Ridegly of Wicked R Westeren Productions. Do you any of them?

I know Jenn Ridegly's husband Randy. Went to school with both Randy and Chip. Enjoyed watching Jenn and Randy on Trading Spouses :lmao: The end of the show was pretty funny when Randy tossed the table. Looks like they have a pretty nice operation over there in DE. Randy's cousin is a Farrier in Howard Co. My Mom has had him out to do her horses feet for the past few years.

Farrier

BZHorseMomE said:
I know Jenn Ridegly's husband Randy. Went to school with both Randy and Chip. Enjoyed watching Jenn and Randy on Trading Spouses :lmao: The end of the show was pretty funny when Randy tossed the table. Looks like they have a pretty nice operation over there in DE. Randy's cousin is a Farrier in Howard Co. My Mom has had him out to do her horses feet for the past few years.

Yea that was a hoot they don't like to talk about it though. :jerry:

Randy was shoing for awhile to but just the very basic stuff. I keep Jenn's barrel horse Tank in the money. He is the they used in that TV show.

BZHorseMomE

Farrier said:
Yea that was a hoot they don't like to talk about it though. :jerry:

Randy was shoing for awhile to but just the very basic stuff. I keep Jenn's barrel horse Tank in the money. He is the they used in that TV show.

Isn't Randy retired from Bull Riding??? He was kinda a celebrity when he did the Chevrolet Truck commercial many years back. I remember hanging out with them on the weekends at Auctions growing up when there Dad was the auctioneer. Now Chip is following in his Dad (Brice's) footsteps. Man what a small world.

BZHorseMomE

Farrier said:
Oh and Jenn just made head coach for DelaWhere? state.

Well they both deserve all the success they get. They are both hard working people and I'm glad to see them be successful. I know it was hard moving from Howard County over to DE, but I'm sure the land was much cheaper and they were able to get more of it.

Farrier

BZHorseMomE said:
Isn't Randy retired from Bull Riding??? He was kinda a celebrity when he did the Chevrolet Truck commercial many years back. I remember hanging out with them on the weekends at Auctions growing up when there Dad was the auctioneer. Now Chip is following in his Dad (Brice's) footsteps. Man what a small world.

Nope he just broke his collar bone in three places you know once it's in the blood it's there to stay. randy dose Auctions as well.

Farrier

BZHorseMomE said:
Well they both deserve all the success they get. They are both hard working people and I'm glad to see them be successful. I know it was hard moving from Howard County over to DE, but I'm sure the land was much cheaper and they were able to get more of it.

They are doing well for them selves and work ethic is not lacking around there.

Sorry but I really must get to sleep now.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Farrier said:
Paso,
Just from looking at those pics was the right front the one injured?

Her left front (on side) she was never in pain she happened to nerve herself..and ended up being a great ride horse...nerves fused she always took a sound step and was 100% on the money..

Sorry I missed that trading spouses bet it was great..

barncat

Farrier said:
Not sure, I have consulted with Paul Goodness which that is who I thought did all of leesburg's shoeing work.
Which reminds me some one asked about my appenticeships.

Greg Galster from bucks county PA. Then went on to work with and yes Angus Whyte He is my best freind in the industry. I also have studied under Mike Wildenstine the resident farrier at Cornell University. I have also consutled with New Bolton Center.

I have many many referances.

Angus is an excellent farrier but is very busy. My horse is being checked today for Laminitis and his normal farrier is out of town and Angus has been gracious enough to commit to doing whatever the vet says needs to be done to make him comfortable if his feet need attention before the normal farrier returns.

How long ago did you apprentice with Angus?

Farrier

barncat said:
Angus is an excellent farrier but is very busy. My horse is being checked today for Laminitis and his normal farrier is out of town and Angus has been gracious enough to commit to doing whatever the vet says needs to be done to make him comfortable if his feet need attention before the normal farrier returns.

How long ago did you apprentice with Angus?

In "99" "2000" Regularly and then I have been so busy my self that Icould not really work with him full time any more. But we do get together on a regular basis. Is your horse at linda's I know he dose alot of work for her.

barncat

Farrier said:
In "99" "2000" Regularly and then I have been so busy my self that Icould not really work with him full time any more. But we do get together on a regular basis. Is your horse at linda's I know he dose alot of work for her.

Angus did Madhi during that time, he normally came out and did his feet while I was at work. Madhi is right down the rode from Angus so it's not out of his way to pull his shoes if the vet directs me to have them pulled ASAP.

Sparks

Farrier said:

Can you make Angus call me back? I'm tired of begging..............
I miss him so much................. :bawl:

I may have met you if you traveled around with him during that time.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Farrier said:
Ok so you just need a trim thats fine I charge $40.00 for that and have a $250.00 min. to stop at a barn what else. I did not come on this forum to make enimes nor did I do it to gain any clients.
Mike

I didn't mean to sound rude!! :howdy: I just meant that I have no need for all the fancy stuff, as my guys and gals only get trims! If they were showing then we could talk but my guys are just easy riding western pleasure for now. Plus I love our farrier and have stuck with him for over 3 years.

Farrier

Loper said:
I didn't mean to sound rude!! :howdy: I just meant that I have no need for all the fancy stuff, as my guys and gals only get trims! If they were showing then we could talk but my guys are just easy riding western pleasure for now. Plus I love our farrier and have stuck with him for over 3 years.
Sorry didn't mean to sound short, But when I first came on here felt there was maybe a little hostilty. Like I said I am not looking for any biz but this is a fun forum.

My prices are what they are though. I will do my best to help where I can.