Question

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
She can't ruin the furniture if her nails are trimmed regularly.

Catt,

I keep Timon's nails trimmed. He still claws and I've recently gotten rid of a big comfy chair because he shredded one side of it. The sectional is next to go, but I'm not getting new furniture until I declaw him. :frown:

CrashTest

My cat is declawed only in the front. She's outside all the time and still bullies the other female cats in the neighborhood.

If given a choice between being left in a steel cage to die because nobody wants to adopt you or being declawed, I think I know what her answer would be.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wow...How right you are...my eyes are brown, take after my Mum!!!

You are the moron to take perfect animals and have their finger tips amputated....ever watched a vet do a declaw?
I have..as a vet tech..and the post op pain...OUCH!!!!
Might make you realize how tramatic it is for them.
But you are the true moron, and cant train a cat to use a scratching post...so you have your cats toes butchered.

I know she's gone.. BUT WHAT??

It s traumatizing to declaw.. but you're an idiot if you don't have them spayed and neutered??

Personally I'd rather have someone take my fingernails than my gonads.. But that's just me.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
And don't give me a rash of ####, because this is a serious question.

Gidget is just not getting the hang of the "paws, not claws" deal, and she's shredding my furniture. Kiki, the dumb one, picked it up fairly quickly and is not destructive at all anymore. Gidget, the smart one, well....

Don't tell me what to try because I've done this before - she's impossible and has to be watched every second.

So! I'm probably going to have her declawed, as much as I hate to do it. My question is, why can't she still go out after being declawed? It's not like I have animals she'll have to defend herself against. The neighbor cat isn't interested in fighting at all - Claudia just hates him and wants to kill him. And on the rare occasion the dog across the way gets loose and comes visiting, the cats disappear (not that he goes after them anyway). We get no raccoons or other such varmints around here.

So why can't I get her declawed and still let her outside?

She might get run over! By you! My neighbor had a small dog and his wife ran over it in front of thier kid in the drive way. Accidently of course, but it's still just as dead.:bawl:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
She might get run over! By you! My neighbor had a small dog and his wife ran over it in front of thier kid in the drive way. Accidently of course, but it's still just as dead.:bawl:

Attachments

• thankUforsharingkitty.jpg
    thankUforsharingkitty.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 176

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
What are you talking about?

I'm talking about pets getting hit by cars. I've seen cats crawl under cars for warmth. Even get in the engine compartment. It isn't safe to let pets out unattended.

Okay, I think I didn't make it clear that my post has nothing to do with whether the cat is declawed or not.

Last edited:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Catt,

I keep Timon's nails trimmed. He still claws and I've recently gotten rid of a big comfy chair because he shredded one side of it. The sectional is next to go, but I'm not getting new furniture until I declaw him. :frown:

I know you were addressing Catt, but I want to put my .02 in also.

Please don't declaw. Just screw sheets of plywood to the couch and chairs to protect it. :yay: