Question

I

Inkpen

I wasn't trying to lead anyone to believe my mother declawed the animals, you came to that conclusion - maybe I could have worded it better but you are just being difficult and want to argue. :ohwell:

Wrong...I read what you wrote, and asked, nicely if your mom was a Vet...that is nothing rude, nastym difficult or argumentive about that.

Some breeders dock puppies tails, ears and dewclaws at birth and do so with about a Vets help...so I was wondering if your mom did the same thing or was a Vet.

:shrug; whatever....

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We take Ozzy to the vet periodically to get his nails trimmed.
It's a little expensive but worth it.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
....you just want someone to tell you it is OK to do what you have all ready decided to do.

Go do the noble deed and take your cat and get it declawed.

Glad to see you finally came around. :clap:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
HELP!!!! The evil declawed beasts are after me!!! :jameo:

Is that a flea collar I see on your cat? :yikes: Do you know the pesticides they put on those in the attempt to kill the innocent flea and tick population?

I think if you put a little more time and effort into it then you would gently pluck off any unwanted helpless visitors from your cats and set them free back outside. I am sure you don't let your mutilated cats out, or do you? :eyebrow:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Is that a flea collar I see on your cat? :yikes: Do you know the pesticides they put on those in the attempt to kill the innocent flea and tick population?

I think if you put a little more time and effort into it then you would gently pluck off any unwanted helpless visitors from your cats and set them free back outside. I am sure you don't let your mutilated cats out, or do you? :eyebrow:
Sorry babe, I don't have time to pick fleas off cats. I'm too busy spoon feeding them gourmet cat food, making their beds, fluffing their pillows, wiping their asses, etc.

Besides, they dont wear them anymore. All the poor lil baby fleas died when I dunked the cats in kerosene!! :evil:

Pandora

Wrong...I read what you wrote, and asked, nicely if your mom was a Vet...that is nothing rude, nastym difficult or argumentive about that.

Some breeders dock puppies tails, ears and dewclaws at birth and do so with about a Vets help...so I was wondering if your mom did the same thing or was a Vet.

:shrug; whatever....

You were not being nice. You were being condescending, but now you know, she TOOK the kitties to the vet and had them declawed. She did dock tails and ears though, she also groomed animals.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyway, it's unlikely that Gidgie will live long enough for me to get her nails trimmed.

She likes to tump the water bowls and play in the spillage, so I bought one of those big autofeeders for both the food and water, thinking I was smarter than her.

Well.

I'm sitting here and I hear this *splish* *splash* *skitterskitter*. I go up and she's pawing at the water vigorously and my kitchen was practically flooded. :lol:

I am going freaking kill that evil kitty. :mad:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Anyway, it's unlikely that Gidgie will live long enough for me to get her nails trimmed.

She likes to tump the water bowls and play in the spillage, so I bought one of those big autofeeders for both the food and water, thinking I was smarter than her.

Well.

I'm sitting here and I hear this *splish* *splash* *skitterskitter*. I go up and she's pawing at the water vigorously and my kitchen was practically flooded. :lol:

I have the large Drinkwell fountain (and another smaller one) for the cats. Chloe LOVES to play in the water. I set it on a puppy training "pee pad." No muss...no fuss.

And you have to remember....Gidget was born at the beach and lived on the water for a bit.

W

Wenchy

Well.

BAD! BAD ! BAD!

How about lunch next week? :popcorn:

Cowgirl

Tucker was declawed when we got him. He's super sweet and does not bite at all. He is our only cat that goes outside because he pees in the house. I've tried everything, and nothing has worked, so he goes in and out as he pleases. He does fine outside. He's also a big boy (about 17-19 lbs), so he doesn't get bullied.

Chilli is still a young shiat and she likes to try to claw the furniture. I keep her nails trimmed so she can't damage anything. She doesn't like getting them trimmed, but she has learned to sit still and only growl a little. :lol:

and a lot of declawed cats have litter box issues.

I'll bet that's Tucker's issue.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm not gonna' read this whole thread...did anyone suggest double sided tape? You can get it with the right type/amount of adhesive so it doesn't leave crap on your furniture. Petco should carry it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
We had the kitty in the water bowl problem. We bought a shallow storage container, big enough for the water bowl and the cat. Manny no longer has any interest in playing in the water bowl. I think these cats do things because they know it gets on your nerves. Smart kitties.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm not gonna' read this whole thread...did anyone suggest double sided tape? You can get it with the right type/amount of adhesive so it doesn't leave crap on your furniture. Petco should carry it.

It's a PITA to get off counter tops. Mom tried it with her last two. Didn't work for them and took her forever to get it unstuck without damaging the surface. LOTS of hot compress soaks. :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ya know Vrai...

now that I think about it...

When Jack was young, I used a squirt gun, but it soon didn't do much good. But if I sprayed citrus air freshener anywhere near her, she freaked and stopped that behavior. She soon learned that if I even reached for the can, she scrammed. Problem solved.

And before anyone beats up on me, I never sprayed her with it. Just in her general direction.

I read something a long time ago that cats don't like a citrus smell. Maybe spray your furniture with it as a deterrent.

Just a thought. :shrug:

Last edited: