Rate a McDonald’s!!!

FED_UP

I heard the same thing, fries and burger not touched for a year I think on you tube, still in tact, so just imagine what good that food is doing your body, yummy.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
No, because the quality of people that once ran those do not exist anymore.

I'm going to disagree a bit. I would say it's the other way around: however good the manager, the kids don't think they need the work and that's the attitude they come to "work" with. Not saying that's any different from earlier, but a manager's actions are far more limited.

When I was that kid and if I acted "that" way the manager would let my parents know and I would have been in for a long attitude adjustment session. Today's parents seem to immediately take their kids' sides and sue the restaurant. Maybe not literally, but I think you get the idea.

--- End of line (MCP)

acommondisaster

worst:Bryans Road. I stopped in one morning and placed my order. There seemed to be a little kerfluffle going on. As I waited for my food, it got worse. Now they're ALL yelling at each other. No food is being cooked, bagged, fried or handed out. The line for the driveup is getting long. The 3 or 4 of us inside are kind of looking at each other, shrugging our shoulders and looking at our feet. They're yelling about who is wearing the scarf (manager scarf, I guess) and how no one can tell them what to do. I can see my hash browns and mcgriddle still sitting in the chute getting colder and colder. The lady with the scarf finally snatches up a bag and jams my breakfast in as if it would jump out if she just put it in the bag. She's still honking at another employee in the back about "tomorrow". I haven't been back there since!

BOP

I worked in a McDonald's in Indiana for 3 or 4 months in the late 70s when I was a poor college student; the store was within walking distance of my apartment. That place was run like a Swiss watch..a finely tuned machine that could run an entire bus load of orders through in minutes without sacrificing food quality, which was always excellent..or else there was hell to pay. If any drive-through order took more than a minute to fill, the swing manager was on top of the reasons why not in a flash.

I wonder it any of those McDonalds still exist?

Yeah, they do; they're called Chik-fil-A.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, they do; they're called Chik-fil-A.

Barack_Obama_Mic_Drop_2016.jpg

General Lee

I'm going to disagree a bit. I would say it's the other way around: however good the manager, the kids don't think they need the work and that's the attitude they come to "work" with. Not saying that's any different from earlier, but a manager's actions are far more limited.

When I was that kid and if I acted "that" way the manager would let my parents know and I would have been in for a long attitude adjustment session. Today's parents seem to immediately take their kids' sides and sue the restaurant. Maybe not literally, but I think you get the idea.

--- End of line (MCP)

I won't disagree with you on those points.

SamSpade

Worst ever - the one where the Golden Corral is now sitting. Filthy, lousy service, food cold or wrong orders or just VERY rude employees.
Glad it's gone.

BEST - the one near my hotel in Guangzhou. SIMPLY amazing, and I didn't even speak their language.

acommondisaster

Worst ever - the one where the Golden Corral is now sitting. Filthy, lousy service, food cold or wrong orders or just VERY rude employees.
Glad it's gone.

BEST - the one near my hotel in Guangzhou. SIMPLY amazing, and I didn't even speak their language.

Ohhhh you want best! Two story McD's in Munich - beer dispenser on the 2nd floor. Put your glass on this little pedestal, it'd tilt your glass at the perfect angle, fill it exactly right, end with the glass upright with a perfect head of foam on it. Heaven. 2nd best, the one in Rome by the Spanish steps. Never made it back to the burger area - the pasta in the front of the store was too good.

MiddleGround

There is a reason why Chic-fil-a is successful. It is because they are not allowed to start a franchise unless they commit to being a full-time GM. The McDonald's are run by absentee landlords.

Forkian

How about the California, MD Burger King. Charged me 50 cents for a slice of cheese on my Whopper. Got back to work and guess what. No F***ING cheese!

As far as McD's the PF location is super slow! I've waited over 20 min in the drive-thru when the line wasn't even very long.

The employees at Chick-Fil-A are always so nice and quick. Granted they do have about 20 employees crammed behind the counter.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Worst: prince Frederick.

I don't think I've been there but maybe once in the 14 years I've lived in PF, and I'm pretty sure it was because I needed to get in and out fast and take the kids to some after school event. It was such a PITA that one time, I've never gone back. :lol: Besides, a Five Guys opened up and when we want fast food burgers - that is where we go.

goughrmak

I can't believe this is even a post. ALL McD's are terrible. The food sucks, and the service is worse. I will admit that I used to enjoy McD's, but I saw the light and rarely eat fast food.

frequentflier

happy to be living
My store is next to the McD's in Solomons. Occasionally, I go through the drive thru for coffee and a breakfast burrito. The young lady that takes your order and money is always very friendly and sweet. Always smiling. Recently they renovated and were shut down for renovations and I wondered what happened to all the employees. I was glad to see her back - and told her so.
I have asked her several times to come work for me :) but she seems to like what she does. And is good at it! FWIW, the people at the window that give me my food and coffee have always been great, too. I don't know about the rest of the day but the morning crew rocks!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My store is next to the McD's in Solomons. Occasionally, I go through the drive thru for coffee and a breakfast burrito. The young lady that takes your order and money is always very friendly and sweet. Always smiling. Recently they renovated and were shut down for renovations and I wondered what happened to all the employees. I was glad to see her back - and told her so.
I have asked her several times to come work for me :) but she seems to like what she does. And is good at it! FWIW, the people at the window that give me my food and coffee have always been great, too. I don't know about the rest of the day but the morning crew rocks!

I always liked the young teenage boy with longish curly hair who would work the window and send you off with a "Have a good one!"

Hannibal

As a resident of PF and a former (a few years back) resident of Bryans Road, I will say worst goes to Bryans Road McD's with a distant 2nd to PF. I've had fairly decent service at most times at the PF location but my biggest gripe was their random delivery truck schedule and staging. When their truck comes through early in the AM - seemingly coinciding with my commute to work - they would park their truck such that they had to shutdown the drive thru. Rather than walk the car the extra 10' and across the drive thru, they'd block it. And of course, with it being blocked from northbound traffic, I wouldn't figure this out until I've already entered the parking lot to find things blocked off and shut down. However, when open, at that time of day, things have moved quickly.

At Bryan's Road, on more than one occasion, I've entered the drive through line more than 30 minutes in advance of the switch over between breakfast and lunch to ultimately be told they weren't serving breakfast anymore. "I came here for breakfast and have been in your line since 930am - 30 min's before the cut off. How can I not progress through a drive thru in 30 minutes! And no, I don't want lunch but since I've essentially blocked in from leaving the drive thru lane, I guess I should order SOMETHING huh?!?"

BernieP

Resident PIA
There is a reason why Chic-fil-a is successful. It is because they are not allowed to start a franchise unless they commit to being a full-time GM. The McDonald's are run by absentee landlords.

The organization from top to bottom refuses to scrap their beliefs and is committed to their customers. I don't know how their employees feel, but I can say I've never had an encounter with a rude, sullen or miserable employee at Chic-fil-a.
The above is not a statement of support in anyway, I don't frequent the chain all that much (my health and the long lines). Just simply stating they seem to be doing a bang up business and that has been my experience at every location I have visited.

I also swear after the "boycott" of the chain over the founders beliefs, it's poplularity seems to have skyrocketed.

As far as all the other chains, as someone said, it's just ranking drek. More like who has the worst horror story about which franchise / chain.