Just had a 2 for $5.00 filet o fish in Leonardtown

Filets were half the normal size and cooked so much they tasted like cardboard

Yuk.......

stgislander

PREMO Member
Just had a 2 for $5.00 filet o fish in Leonardtown

Filets were half the normal size and cooked so much they tasted like cardboard

Yuk.......

I can't comment on the cooking, but seeing the price of food/groceries going up, I'm not surprised the size of the filets (or patties) are getting smaller in order to maintain the same price.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Best to avoid all of them at all cost.

Agree. The last time I ate McDonalds, I had an allergic reaction. As a rule, I have had, maybe, 3 allergic reactions to something in my 64 years. Not sure why, and it was a couple of years ago, but never again. Bye-bye, McD’s.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Best to avoid all of them at all cost.

there are like two items, both breakfast, that I can buy at McD's and be consistant - the sausage egg and cheese muffin (the only fresh eggs) and the saasage biscuit.

Only get breakfast - even that's occaisional. But the burritos and hash browns are inconsistant, so I don't bother with them or anything else.

glhs837

Power with Control
the one on GMR has a window guys whose a bit over the top in effusiveness, but otherwise they do a good job.

Concur with the Sausage McMuffin w/Egg. That's my go-to for a road breakfast.

MiddleGround

Besides, a Five Guys opened up and when we want fast food burgers - that is where we go.

I do love me some Five Guys but... it can get expensive. To feed a family of 4 w/ drinks (and only 1 medium fry because it's enough for everyone) can run $55+. Keep in mind that is 1 double burger and 3 singles!

General Lee

I do love me some Five Guys but... it can get expensive. To feed a family of 4 w/ drinks (and only 1 medium fry because it's enough for everyone) can run $55+. Keep in mind that is 1 double burger and 3 singles!

Concur, dang they are expensive for a fast food joint.

GopherM

Darwin was right
there are like two items, both breakfast, that I can buy at McD's and be consistant - the sausage egg and cheese muffin (the only fresh eggs) and the saasage biscuit.

Only get breakfast - even that's occaisional. But the burritos and hash browns are inconsistant, so I don't bother with them or anything else.

If nothing else was available I would probably go for the same breakfast. In the LP area with I'd probably stick with Cracker Barrel. Where we are now the Steak & Shake is about the best inexpensive choice and one of the Waffle Houses is clean and a good choice.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

They're fresh made burgers AND fries. :shrug:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I like to go to 5 Guys for a bacon-cheese-mushroom burger and then go to Chickfella for waffle fries to go with.
I keep a lunch sized thermal bag in the car so my burger stays hot while I get the fries.