Recount in Florida.

warneckutz

I will always be mad about 2000, never compare anything from now back to then. I don't care if it was nearly 20 years ago.

Bush stole the election, he destroyed the balanced budget that a republican congress and democratic president created. Period.

Definitely mad...

warneckutz

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?

There is nothing like an angry crazy person.

Maybe both? Hopefully both? Watching an angry lib is like watching a little dude with short man syndrome get all fired up - it's entertaining but ankle biters are just ankle biters.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sneaky Snipes.jpg

This_person

This is NOTHING! Bush stole 2000 with 537 votes, he destroyed the balanced budget and took us to war with a country that didn't send one person into our air system on 9/11.

Trump rightly called out Jeb in the debates about this, the absolute insanity and audacity for him to run was disgusting.

:confused:

If he had more votes, in reality, how did he "steal" the election?

You understand "stealing" is taking something that is not yours, like, fabricating votes, right?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

You understand "stealing" is taking something that is not yours, like, fabricating votes, right?

He stole it by not allowing the Democrats to mix in enough fake votes to overturn the result! :geesh: :rolleyes:

You know.... What they're doing in Broward at this moment!

SamSpade

I had the same thought. Bush was always ahead in the vote count.
It's like the excuse Abrahams makes in "Chariots of Fire" when Eric Liddell beats him.
"I had to look for him - it's the cardinal rule - you NEVER look". And his girlfriend looks
at him and says -

"He was ahead". Meaning, you didn't lose because you lost seconds. He was winning.

Almost at every turn, the 2000 Florida recount was Al Gore trying to take the election,
especially when they wanted a recount ONLY in the counties favoring Gore.

After the election, a statewide tally was done counting "undervotes" - which was
what was challenged and in dispute. It showed Bush would have won any of the
several standards they might have taken.

My response however has *ALWAYS* been - this was a race between George Bush
and a man who had been Vice-President under a popular President for eight years -
a man who couldn't even win his own home state. If he "should have won" by all
rights it should NEVER have been close.

This_person

After the election, a statewide tally was done counting "undervotes" - which was
what was challenged and in dispute. It showed Bush would have won any of the
several standards they might have taken.

This is always forgotten by the folks who think Bush "stole" the election, or the Supreme Court "gave" the election to Bush, or whatever lie they want to make up that day....Bush won. No matter how they counted, Bush won.

SamSpade

This is always forgotten by the folks who think Bush "stole" the election, or the Supreme Court "gave" the election to Bush, or whatever lie they want to make up that day....Bush won. No matter how they counted, Bush won.

To be *fair* - there WAS ONE method tested that gave it - again, narrowly - to Gore.
This was one that included OVER votes, where a ballot was excluded because the voter voted more than once for a Presidential candidate,
and they had to guess who the "intended" candidate was. On a statewide recount, Gore would have won that one.

However - no one on the Gore team wanted to do THAT one.

EVERY OTHER METHOD for statewide recount would have given it to Bush.

And I repeat - Gore was the VP of a popular President (who mysteriously didn't campaign for him) and he couldn't
even win his HOME state of Tennessee. By rights he should have walked away with it, but it didn't happen.

This_person

To be *fair* - there WAS ONE method tested that gave it - again, narrowly - to Gore.
This was one that included OVER votes, where a ballot was excluded because the voter voted more than once for a Presidential candidate,
and they had to guess who the "intended" candidate was. On a statewide recount, Gore would have won that one.

However - no one on the Gore team wanted to do THAT one.

EVERY OTHER METHOD for statewide recount would have given it to Bush.

I stand corrected :notworthy

And I repeat - Gore was the VP of a popular President (who mysteriously didn't campaign for him) and he couldn't
even win his HOME state of Tennessee. By rights he should have walked away with it, but it didn't happen.

Gore asked Clinton to not campaign for him, as I recall. It would have brought up questions on what Gore knew, when he knew it, and would have required Gore to defend Clinton - none of which Gore wanted to do. While the foursome of the Gores and Clintons looked like the start of a swingers club, as I understand it they hated each other pretty strongly. Not as much as the Obamas hate the Clintons, but not insignificantly, either.

Hijinx

I stand corrected :notworthy

Gore asked Clinton to not campaign for him, as I recall. It would have brought up questions on what Gore knew, when he knew it, and would have required Gore to defend Clinton - none of which Gore wanted to do. While the foursome of the Gores and Clintons looked like the start of a swingers club, as I understand it they hated each other pretty strongly. Not as much as the Obamas hate the Clintons, but not insignificantly, either.

If it hadn't been for Gore's father Gore would have never been in the Congress nor the Vice-Presidency.
Gore was and is an idiot of the first rank.

Much like Joe Biden he was picked to be vice president because he was an idiot and would not bother the President.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Can you imagine what 9/11 and post-9/11 would have been under a "President Gore?"

:cringe:

Hijinx

Anybody know who António Guterres is?

He is Secretary General of the United Nations.

He would be issuing orders to the President of the United States, if Gore had been elected..

PsyOps

Pixelated
Can you imagine what 9/11 and post-9/11 would have been under a "President Gore?"

:cringe:

As much as I cringe at that thought, I equally cringe at how Bush handled it. Here we are 18 years later still at war. Bush got us into a huge mess. He did very little to WIN. He a lot to get us into a quagmire of pick-and-chase rather than destroy. He never should have gotten us into Iraq. I am frustrated that I still have to watch folks I work with deploy into that region.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
As much as I cringe at that thought, I equally cringe at how Bush handled it. Here we are 18 years later still at war. Bush got us into a huge mess. He did very little to WIN. He a lot to get us into a quagmire of pick-and-chase rather than destroy. He never should have gotten us into Iraq. I am frustrated that I still have to watch folks I work with deploy into that region.

Lay that blame equally... all around.

The solution to Afghanistan would have been to nuke the place into a giant glowing wasteland and be done with it but no one has the intestinal fortitude to do so.