Rescue pitbull mauls & kills 90 y/o woman

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Paging Warnutz in 5...4...3...

Nailed that one, didn't I?

A liberal? Because I like dogs?

No, because you're in complete denial about the nature of pitbulls and their unpredictability, not to mention their capacity for harm. BUT I also think of them like guns: banning them won't keep the bad people from having them anyway, and those are the ones that are the biggest danger.

You also taunt people who rightfully fear these animals - clearly you have never been attacked by a large dog, or seen it happen. That's just ignorance talking when you act like Superman who thinks everybody should be able to fight off an angry pitbull, which negates any credibility you might have. At least Pixie had a good argument and wasn't all Billy Badass about it.

Wishbone

There are many breeds that have particular characteristics. That was the point of selectively breeding them over the centuries, millennia or longer.

For those that have a protective or aggressive nature... Denying it, invites trouble.

warneckutz

Nailed that one, didn't I?

No, because you're in complete denial about the nature of pitbulls and their unpredictability, not to mention their capacity for harm. BUT I also think of them like guns: banning them won't keep the bad people from having them anyway, and those are the ones that are the biggest danger.

You also taunt people who rightfully fear these animals - clearly you have never been attacked by a large dog, or seen it happen. That's just ignorance talking when you act like Superman who thinks everybody should be able to fight off an angry pitbull, which negates any credibility you might have. At least Pixie had a good argument and wasn't all Billy Badass about it.

Yep, you definitely nailed something. :biggrin:

I'm in denial of nothing. Their jaws are intensely strong. A Chihuahua can attack you with same amount of aggression but won't do the damage because they physically can't. It's like two humans, both can be equally angry and enraged but depending on their physical nature - one may annihilate you while you can hold the other one back by their neck.

And clearly you sit on your internet throne and assume you know it all. At least you put a reply together better than 'ol Trigger.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For those that have a protective or aggressive nature... Denying it, invites trouble.

And THIS is the problem. They deny there's a valid concern, so they don't take proper precautions. I would think responsible pit lovers would acknowledge that the dogs have potential for danger, and work to educate and help keep them out of the hands of dumbasses who don't care for them properly. Instead, they want to deny the reality, which increases the likelihood of incidents, which increases the outcry to have these dogs banned completely.

Pitbulls' reputation didn't just materialize out of thin air. Pit owners and champions would do well to acknowledge that and be the change instead of the problem.

Chris0nllyn

Pitbulls' reputation didn't just materialize out of thin air. Pit owners and champions would do well to acknowledge that and be the change instead of the problem.

It mainly stems from the media. As someone who hates the media and can't be manipulated by them, you sure bought this line of thinking. Hook, line, and sinker.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It mainly stems from the media. As someone who hates the media and can't be manipulated by them, you sure bought this line of thinking. Hook, line, and sinker.

So all those pitbull attack stories and photos of mauled people are fakes? Are you saying this woman wasn't really killed by a pitbull?

You have it backwards. The people who are most likely to own pitbulls and be irresponsible with them are the biggest political allies of the left press, therefore these stories don't get the coverage they would normally. I don't recall ever seeing a national story regarding a pitbull attack, or at least not one that grew legs and became a thing. The press is way too busy criticizing Donald Trump's ice cream portions to bother with silly pitbull attacks.

warneckutz

Some people are trying to change the outlook... others do whatever they can to make the hysteria worse.

black dog

Free America
Go get 'em, Tiger. Think up some intelligent zingers for the next time! To put it in terms you may understand better - you've brought a limp, rubber band to a gun fight.

Wooowee that was tough, thank God for a forklift..
Somehow I don't believe that your mommy will let you have a BB gun in her house, much less a firearm.

black dog

Free America

Media??? You gotta be kidding, this horrid inbreeding in the last 20-25 years is causing most of these problems.. The numbers don't lie..

black dog

Free America
The dogs or the owners?

In some places, probably both. All you gotta do is listen to there lackluster side of their argument. It's easier for them to name call than actually have a conversation on a topic they know they are wrong on.
Just read the post above...

warneckutz

In some places, probably both. All you gotta do is listen to there lackluster side of their argument. It's easier for them to name call than actually have a conversation on a topic they know they are wrong on.
Just read the post above...

:bawl: Or refer to your posts ... After deciphering your drivel.

black dog

Free America
:bawl: Or refer to your posts ... After deciphering your drivel.

I can't help you with your poor comprehension skills, you should have paid better attention during RIF class.
Hammer meet Nail.. like I posted earlier, you have nothing worthwhile to backup your side...

warneckutz

I can't help you with your poor comprehension skills, you should have paid better attention during RIF class.
Hammer meet Nail.. like I posted earlier, you have nothing worthwhile to backup your side...

It's not my skills that are in question. Getting into a cut and paste war is your deal.

warneckutz

Do you understand that by denying the problem you are not part of the solution?

I'm not denying anything. I understand what they're capable of both good and bad. Just because I challenge your views doesn't make me wrong even if it is your website. At least you've got blind dog on your side, that's helping.

Chris0nllyn

So you're saying the media just make up attacks out of whole-cloth and report it?

So all those pitbull attack stories and photos of mauled people are fakes? Are you saying this woman wasn't really killed by a pitbull?

You have it backwards. The people who are most likely to own pitbulls and be irresponsible with them are the biggest political allies of the left press, therefore these stories don't get the coverage they would normally. I don't recall ever seeing a national story regarding a pitbull attack, or at least not one that grew legs and became a thing. The press is way too busy criticizing Donald Trump's ice cream portions to bother with silly pitbull attacks.

Media??? You gotta be kidding, this horrid inbreeding in the last 20-25 years is causing most of these problems.. The numbers don't lie..

I'm saying that the media reports on the specific dog being a pitbull, without knowing if it was. Up to 7 different breeds are mistaken for pitbulls and these "stats" are derived from media stories.

I'm not saying attacks don't happen, I'm saying the National Canine Research Council did a study on this.

There's no shortage of ####ty owners, backyard breeders, etc. but a majority of people who hate pits have likely never been around one. They read these stories, believe the media, then perpetuate ignorance.

How about owners of ALL dogs not be #### heads? How about all dog owners keep their dog on a leash when not inside? How about all dog owners train, work with, and socialize their dog?