Restaurant in Wildewood

Beta84

They're out to get us
Bah! I just found that out thanks for the clarification. I was thinking of Belgium.

thats its type (Belgian white/whitbier), but it's made by Coors.

And just for the record, I had your bread again the other night and it was far from tough/stale (mentioned earlier in this thread). Another good job all around.

Speaking of which, one thing that hasn't been mentioned enough is how large the portions are (at least for the main meals, I don't know about the appetizers/desserts). Between the bread, the salad, and the entree I don't know how anyone else has room for appetizers or dessert! It reminds me of the Cheesecake factory, which offers similar prices and portions. But after getting used to it, there's always ways to make room for dessert. :smile:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I love the food better in New York Cities Little Italy far better than any place I ever ate in Italy the half dozen times I visited! :dye:

Funny thing that! I have had some really good food in Italy on occasion but its overall very hit or miss (spent a lot of time working there). The best Italian food that has ever crossed these lips was a restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy (name I've forgotten) and one in Southampton, England! Go figure.

I understand that Chicago does - or did - have some awesome Italian restaurants too.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
We are going out to dinner tonight (no kids and only night before the holiday craziness begins) They are closed on Mondays. :bawl:

Definitely on the list to try.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
That's why I haven't been there. There's not much in this area that's worth being overpriced like that.

As for LaTabella, I heard something about them rotating the bread and it being different on occasion. I'm not sure if I misheard or what, but maybe you just caught a bad day for bread. Bread is definitely crucial at an italian joint so it needs to be good!

I'm confused. Two posts earlier you were talking about the food and the service as if you had already been there. Now it appears you say you haven't been there. Maybe you're talking about two different places and it isn't clear to me, huh?

good review. I thought the bread was decent but it could be better. the butter and oil/vinegar combos they had were both nice additions. I had a couple issues with their serving (like you had with the spoon) but I figure that's stuff they'll get worked out in no time.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Had dinner there a few months ago crab dip was awesome. However was disappointed with the dinner, was bland and lacked seasoning, but I think that is normal for this area. I would go back just think i would skip on some of the dishes, would like to try the pizza.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
I'm confused. Two posts earlier you were talking about the food and the service as if you had already been there. Now it appears you say you haven't been there. Maybe you're talking about two different places and it isn't clear to me, huh?

Two different places. They were talking (by the way, you do realize this was over a year ago right? Somebody bumped this thread) about a place in Solomon's and also the place in Wildewood.

BOP

Hi all,
We have anchovies :), We had a pizza go out Saturday night with half anchovy. I will make sure they make it on the menu. Thanks for the interest in La Tabella! Bon Appettito

That's okay...no need to put yourself out on our accounts. We can send what'shername to the local bait shop to get her anchovies.

itsrequired

Funny thing that! I have had some really good food in Italy on occasion but its overall very hit or miss (spent a lot of time working there). The best Italian food that has ever crossed these lips was a restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy (name I've forgotten) and one in Southampton, England! Go figure.

I understand that Chicago does - or did - have some awesome Italian restaurants too.

I wonder if that might be Sabatino's in Baltimore's Little Italy?

Wenchy

Hot Flash
She rubs them alllll over her body...it's some kinky Italian thing.

That's okay...no need to put yourself out on our accounts. We can send what'shername to the local bait shop to get her anchovies.

Do you have a problem with anchovies? :killingme

I expect to have anchovies with my Italian meals. Caesar salad (authentic) is made with anchovies (it's the seasoning that makes the salad taste great) True Caesar salad dressing is made with anchovy paste. Whole anchovy fillets are usually offered as a topping. Anchovies make the Caesar. YWIA for the education.

:cheers: Have one and chill.

Pete

Repete

I expect to have anchovies with my Italian meals. Caesar salad (authentic) is made with anchovies (it's the seasoning that makes the salad taste great) True Caesar salad dressing is made with anchovy paste. Whole anchovy fillets are usually offered as a topping. Anchovies make the Caesar. YWIA for the education.

:yeahthat:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Snopes and Alton brown would like to differ with you Caesar salad being Italian and the inclusion of anchovies in the "authentic" version.
Snopes.com said:
Caesar Cardini, a famed restaurateur who, according to lore, invented the dish in Tijuana, Mexico, in 1924 when a rush of diners on the Fourth of July strained his kitchen's resources and he had to make do with whatever ingredients were left on hand.
Cardini's original recipe called for romaine, garlic, croutons, Parmesan cheese, boiled eggs, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce. He was said to be staunchly against the inclusion of anchovies in the mixture, contending that Worcestershire sauce is adequate to provide the faint fishy flavor. (So, for the record, is Alton Brown of FoodTV's Good Eats. He too eschews anchovies in favor of Worcestershire, as per the "Hail Caesar Salad Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network" recipe he shared with television audiences as part of a 21 September 2002 "Salad Daze" segment.)
snopes.com: Origins of Caesar Salad

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Interesting read. I never knew the first Caesar was made in Tijuana. I also love the Worcestershire sauce...but must have my anchovies with it. :lol:

:cheers:
Isn't Worcestershire sauce made from anchovies (among other things)?

Yes, it does. :yay:

So, even though an establishment might not have ANCHOVIES in their Caesar salad, if they make it with Worcestershire sauce, they ARE still making it with anchovies, in a sense. :yay:

YWIA

Isn't Worcestershire sauce made from anchovies (among other things)?

Yes, it does. :yay:

So, even though an establishment might not have ANCHOVIES in their Caesar salad, if they make it with Worcestershire sauce, they ARE still making it with anchovies, in a sense. :yay:

YWIA

You know how it got it's name, don't ya?

A man was at a restaurant having dinner. The waiter brings an unmarked bottle to the table and hands it to the man and says, "Try this". He does, and wants to know what it is, so he calls out to the waiter, "HEY! Whatsthisheresauce?"

(he had a lisp)....

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
You know how it got it's name, don't ya?

A man was at a restaurant having dinner. The waiter brings an unmarked bottle to the table and hands it to the man and says, "Try this". He does, and wants to know what it is, so he calls out to the waiter, "HEY! Whatsthisheresauce?"

(he had a lisp)....

I knew I should have knocked you upside the head yesterday when I saw you. :neener: