Restaurant in Wildewood

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Had dinner there tonight and would most definitely recommend it to others. My steak was a bit over done but still very good. My LW had the crab ravioli and it must have been excellent because there was none left. I'd like to see them put a dress code in effect just because it would add some ambience.

popsicle

Had dinner there tonight and would most definitely recommend it to others. My steak was a bit over done but still very good. My LW had the crab ravioli and it must have been excellent because there was none left. I'd like to see them put a dress code in effect just because it would add some ambience.

I was there as well. The food was really good. I loved the italian salad dressing. It wasn't as sour as most.
I was shocked that people were wearing shorts and t-shirts.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Isn't Worcestershire sauce made from anchovies (among other things)?

Yes, it does. :yay:

So, even though an establishment might not have ANCHOVIES in their Caesar salad, if they make it with Worcestershire sauce, they ARE still making it with anchovies, in a sense. :yay:

YWIA

Agreed. I just want more and I love the whole fillets on my salad as a compliment. Anchovies have become lepers (kind of like smokers) and waiters look at you in shock when you ask for them. "What is an anchovy?"

Tamarind and anchovy are my favorite seasonings.

Don't get me started on garlic.

Now I want mussels bathed in butter and garlic.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Ate at La Tabella for the first time tonight - won't be the last time.

The service was first rate (you see what's important to me?). Not overly intrusive, but we wanted for nothing.

The food was amazing. Three of us for dinner - pasta with bolognese, fresh snapper, and seared scallops was tasted by all, and we all agreed everything was very tasty. The scallops were amazingly tender! and everything was seasoned well.

After leftovers were boxed up (enough left for everyone to have lunch tomorrow), dessert was next. Tiramasu, yummy. Cheescake, yummy. Six layer chocolate cake - OH MY! The moist-est choco cake I've ever had, and the frosting was perfect.

Well worth the trip through Wildewood. Next time we're going on Wednesday night to enjoy the live music.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Service is decent, food is good, prices might be a little high BUT the portions are huge. Nobody has ever accused me of eating like a bird and I got two meals out of my diner entree. If I had one suggestion it would be to make the entree smaller and cut the price a bit. But even so, I would not say it was an expensive meal.