Ruddy Duck review

Michael Delaney

Porsche 917K
The pizza looks great but I just wasn't in the mood for pizza. Much of the menu just doesn't appeal to me. Regardless, I will be back for the Beer, wings, and will try a different dish :howdy:

Whenever I am in Annapolis I frequent Rams Head Tavern for their Beer Battered Fish Tacos (west coast style), Crab Mac & Cheese or the Ahi Tuna Dinner.
Gordon Biersch in Annapolis is another place I like for their beer and menu. I like their Meat loaf, Fire Roasted Chicken & Fettucine, and Pecan Crusted Chicken, and the Blackened Mahi Mahi.
Just some of the food that appeals to me. I also wish more local places had the option for a Turkey Burger.

Hi Michael!!!

Argentine chorizos with chimichurri sauce.
Braised short ribs.
Fresh made foccacias.
Duck pizzas and quesadillas
shrimp and grits
Chipas (Paraguayan cheese balls)
Make your pasta with shrimp, duck, crab meat and different sauces.
Real smoked BBQ ribs
Humus
Ciopino
Real gourmet brick oven pizzas like spinach with goat cheese;
prosciutto with pineapple and cheddar.
All our sauces and dressings are home made daily
Home made deserts
Salads with baby greens
Slaw with pineapple
And lots more to come

Are you sure you came to the "Duck"?

The pizza looks great but I just wasn't in the mood for pizza. Much of the menu just doesn't appeal to me. Regardless, I will be back for the Beer, wings, and will try a different dish :howdy:

Whenever I am in Annapolis I frequent Rams Head Tavern for their Beer Battered Fish Tacos (west coast style), Crab Mac & Cheese or the Ahi Tuna Dinner.
Gordon Biersch in Annapolis is another place I like for their beer and menu. I like their Meat loaf, Fire Roasted Chicken & Fettucine, and Pecan Crusted Chicken, and the Blackened Mahi Mahi.
Just some of the food that appeals to me. I also wish more local places had the option for a Turkey Burger.

This is for The Ruddy Duck ... start your own tread! :razz:

I'm trying to talk Carlos into some bison burgers :yay:

ohstate

We went last Friday. I liked the beer, but the food was a bit of a let down. The pizza was underdone, oversauced and had way too much cheese for my liking. I was really hoping that they could do a nice blistered thin crust with that fancy oven. I realize not everyone likes their pizza the way I do, but I really hate when the cheese and sauce overwhelm the crust to the point it becomes soggy. My husband thought his pork chops were ok, but wouldn't order them again. They were a overdone and he didn't care for the mushroom gravy all over them. I'm sure we'll be back for the beer, but if we eat, we'll try other items.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

You go out for "meat loaf"? :faint:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member

:lol:

I forgot that I also had some kind of dark beer that tasted chocolatey. It was so delicious we took home a growler. :otter: (C_Jo told me it's called a growler. I don't know if I believe him. :eyebrow:)

We went last Friday. I liked the beer, but the food was a bit of a let down. The pizza was underdone, oversauced and had way too much cheese for my liking. I was really hoping that they could do a nice blistered thin crust with that fancy oven. I realize not everyone likes their pizza the way I do, but I really hate when the cheese and sauce overwhelm the crust to the point it becomes soggy. My husband thought his pork chops were ok, but wouldn't order them again. They were a overdone and he didn't care for the mushroom gravy all over them. I'm sure we'll be back for the beer, but if we eat, we'll try other items.

Funny... I was impressed with their pizza. I prefer my pizza saucy and chewy and the cheese was definately a rich, high quality cheese.

lovinmaryland

And pork chops :eyebrow:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I'm surprised because I thought the menu was very diverse and everything sounded really good. Plus the pizza was top-notch - I had the meat lovers (whatever they call it) and the crust was premo :yay: The pork chops were on my short list but I went for the short ribs & chimichuri instead, but I'll try those next time.

Mojo

I forgot that I also had some kind of dark beer that tasted chocolatey. It was so delicious we took home a growler. :otter: (C_Jo told me it's called a growler. I don't know if I believe him. :eyebrow:)

He was probably talking about something else but you were to drunk to tell.

Horse Waffle........meet the Growler :lmao: