Ruddy Duck review

Beta84

They're out to get us
I went to Ruddy for the first time this weekend.
The Beer and Service was great. The food was good.
I am a little dissapointed by the menu though. Just the usual stuff.
The usual stuff? They had many unique items, plus other "normal" items with a unique twist. If you mean the "usual stuff" is burgers, pizzas, salads, and entrees then sure it was "usual", but by no means is any of it typical items you'd find on a menu.

This is for The Ruddy Duck ... start your own tread! :razz:

I'm trying to talk Carlos into some bison burgers :yay:
:ohwell:

We went last Friday. I liked the beer, but the food was a bit of a let down. The pizza was underdone, oversauced and had way too much cheese for my liking. I was really hoping that they could do a nice blistered thin crust with that fancy oven. I realize not everyone likes their pizza the way I do, but I really hate when the cheese and sauce overwhelm the crust to the point it becomes soggy. My husband thought his pork chops were ok, but wouldn't order them again. They were a overdone and he didn't care for the mushroom gravy all over them. I'm sure we'll be back for the beer, but if we eat, we'll try other items.

WHAT? You're hating on the PIZZA? The pizza is one of the highlights! I've sampled or ordered over half of their pizza menu (even more when you count what friends got) and not only have I not heard a complaint, but everyone LOVED the pizza. It's fantastic. You either have poor taste in pizza or had the worst luck possible with your pizza. It's not papa johns, dominos, or pizza hut, but that pizza is all crap anyway. So if pizza is what you want, I'd recommend trying it again. If you don't like it then...I don't know what to tell you :lol:

I remember the time I was dining out and ordered the buffalo wrap only to find out it was real buffalo and not "buffalo chicken"...:ohwell:

Michael Delaney

Porsche 917K
Usual items:
BBQ Chicken
Ribs
Ribeye
Fish & Chips
Grilled Pork Chop
Salmon
Crab Cakes
Steak
That list almost every Entree item.

I am not here to bash the place, nor did I. I offered constructive criticism.
As I said, I will go back and try a different dish, as the service and beer are very good.

I'm surprised because I thought the menu was very diverse and everything sounded really good. Plus the pizza was top-notch - I had the meat lovers (whatever they call it) and the crust was premo :yay: The pork chops were on my short list but I went for the short ribs & chimichuri instead, but I'll try those next time.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Usual items:
BBQ Chicken
Ribs
Ribeye
Fish & Chips
Grilled Pork Chop
Salmon
Crab Cakes
Steak

As I said, I will go back and try a different dish, as the service and beer are very good.

That covered a majority of the main entrees I guess, even though most of them were served with their own flair. Did you not bother looking at the pizza, pasta, salad, sandwiches, appetizers, or deserts?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Usual items:
BBQ Chicken
Ribs
Ribeye
Fish & Chips
Grilled Pork Chop
Salmon
Crab Cakes
Steak

Lets try that again....

Argentine chorizos with chimichurri sauce.
Braised short ribs.
Fresh made foccacias.
Duck pizzas and quesadillas
shrimp and grits
Chipas (Paraguayan cheese balls)
Make your pasta with shrimp, duck, crab meat and different sauces.
Real smoked BBQ ribs
Humus
Ciopino
Real gourmet brick oven pizzas like spinach with goat cheese;
prosciutto with pineapple and cheddar.
All our sauces and dressings are home made daily
Home made deserts
Salads with baby greens
Slaw with pineapple

ohstate

The usual stuff? They had many unique items, plus other "normal" items with a unique twist. If you mean the "usual stuff" is burgers, pizzas, salads, and entrees then sure it was "usual", but by no means is any of it typical items you'd find on a menu.

:ohwell:

WHAT? You're hating on the PIZZA? The pizza is one of the highlights! I've sampled or ordered over half of their pizza menu (even more when you count what friends got) and not only have I not heard a complaint, but everyone LOVED the pizza. It's fantastic. You either have poor taste in pizza or had the worst luck possible with your pizza. It's not papa johns, dominos, or pizza hut, but that pizza is all crap anyway. So if pizza is what you want, I'd recommend trying it again. If you don't like it then...I don't know what to tell you :lol:

Well, I live in Alexandria, and there are 2 better pizza places within a mile of my house - Rustico and Cafe Pizzaiolo. In fact, my husband makes better pizza at home on the grill. If I wanted soggy overcheesed pizza, I would order papa johns. Maybe it was an off night. I didn't comment about the quality of the cheese btw, just the quantity. Too much. I peeled it off and left big lumps of it congealed on the plate.

lovinmaryland

The Sahara is a bit dry.

Well, I live in Alexandria, and there are 2 better pizza places within a mile of my house - Rustico and Cafe Pizzaiolo. In fact, my husband makes better pizza at home on the grill. If I wanted soggy overcheesed pizza, I would order papa johns. Maybe it was an off night. I didn't comment about the quality of the cheese btw, just the quantity. Too much. I peeled it off and left big lumps of it congealed on the plate.

:dead:
There is an italian place over the bridge that my parents took me too last week and the pizza was really good... other than the fact that there was sooooooo much cheese on there it was actually so much it disgusted me. I had to take off 75% of the cheese just to be able to eat it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Usual items:
BBQ Chicken
Ribs
Ribeye
Fish & Chips
Grilled Pork Chop
Salmon
Crab Cakes
Steak

What else do you want them to serve - dogs and cats? :lol:

Anyway, I'm sorry you didn't care for it. I have no vested interest in Ruddy Duck so I'm not offended nor do I want to change your mind. Just surprised.

W

Wenchy

What else do you want them to serve - dogs and cats? :lol:

Anyway, I'm sorry you didn't care for it. I have no vested interest in Ruddy Duck so I'm not offended nor do I want to change your mind. Just surprised.

We went tonight and will definitely be back. :yay: :yay:

Not a "normal" menu at all.

Otter

Nothing to see here

:lahdeedah:

Just got back a little while ago. Just missed you Wenchy! We got there sometime after 7. Hubby had the Fish & Chips ( which I had before ) and they were :yay: I had the Wowwie Maui pizza ... :yum: Only wish it had a little more prosciutto.