Salaries in PAX.

edinsomd

Sounds like a very good overall strategy for building a solid and effective organization, with high morale all around. Wish I worked there.

;-(

My Competency recently floated a Command Climate survey. After three weeks they were begging for participation- only about 20% had ponied up. They kept on extending the deadline hoping for more participation; I think they got around 40% at the end.

I'd say the non-participation rate is a significant data point in and of itself. Sequestration, budget cuts, no advancement and the first meager cost of living raise in four years- small wonder nobody has time for this silliness.

glhs837

Power with Control
Is that why that kept popping up in my inbox? Luckily, I'm a contractor and nobody wants to know what I think :) Christ, I see what the civil service folks deal with and man, not it looks worth the security. Just making travel arrangments for business trips looks like falling down a 300 foot barbed wire hillside might be less painful. .

edinsomd

Is that why that kept popping up in my inbox? Luckily, I'm a contractor and nobody wants to know what I think :) Christ, I see what the civil service folks deal with and man, not it looks worth the security. Just making travel arrangments for business trips looks like falling down a 300 foot barbed wire hillside might be less painful. .

What is this "security" of which you speak? Budget cuts and sequestration blew that out of the water. Pay is lower than a comparable CSS. The only bright spot is better-than-average benefits package. Six more years....

BernieP

Resident PIA
My Competency recently floated a Command Climate survey. After three weeks they were begging for participation- only about 20% had ponied up. They kept on extending the deadline hoping for more participation; I think they got around 40% at the end.

I'd say the non-participation rate is a significant data point in and of itself. Sequestration, budget cuts, no advancement and the first meager cost of living raise in four years- small wonder nobody has time for this silliness.

The "anonymous" survey, just put your competency, program, etc. on the form (oh, and you logged in with your CAC - but don't worry, it's anonymous.
I swear they delete the negative and only process the positives.

Bottom line, be happy you have a job, there are people who are willing to take it for whatever we offer.

Let's look at the climate
FACILITIES: Anyone work in a facility that wouldn't be condemned by the health department or OSHA or both? Bathrooms stink because there is no ventilation and the toilets don't drain properly. Black mold found in numerous locations. Mice. 50% of the lights are non-operational from constant failures
No lunch or break rooms in most buildings so most people eat at their desk. That's the better buildings :)

Then their is IT, computers that constantly fail, network outages. Does anyone believe NMCI is a success. Of course we aren't suppose to travel, we are suppose to rely on Network meetings.

In industry our communications, including computers, would be considered substandard, a joke.

Most of us do our jobs and do them well because we believe in what we are doing. We are trying to get something out to the warfighter that is needed.

Some of us are working in excess of 50 hours a week, not including the lunch period we spend at our desk.

glhs837

Power with Control
DTS sucks.

Just amazes me, that anyone anywhere thinks you can possibly be saving money over all with this ridiculous level of oversight and complexity. I watched two man days wasted by a GS12 and an O2 as they struggled to simply make arrangements to go out to the west coast for three days. "Sorry, you used the wrong reason code, you must resubmit". "Sorry, you didnt explain why you didnt choose a city pair, resubmit". "Sorry, you used the wrong rental car company, resubmit" "Sorry, we forgot we sent a memo telling you not to use that rental car company, resubmit with the first rental car company and we'll approve that this time"

And the poor basterd going overseas? You would have thought he was trying to requisition Air Force One with Monica as his flight attendant.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just amazes me, that anyone anywhere thinks you can possibly be saving money over all with this ridiculous level of oversight and complexity. I watched two man days wasted by a GS12 and an O2 as they struggled to simply make arrangements to go out to the west coast for three days. "Sorry, you used the wrong reason code, you must resubmit". "Sorry, you didnt explain why you didnt choose a city pair, resubmit". "Sorry, you used the wrong rental car company, resubmit" "Sorry, we forgot we sent a memo telling you not to use that rental car company, resubmit with the first rental car company and we'll approve that this time"

And the poor basterd going overseas? You would have thought he was trying to requisition Air Force One with Monica as his flight attendant.

In my last position, I was the Power User that everyone came to for help, or just do it for them. Two years later, I still have people call me for help.

BernieP

Resident PIA

What did you do last week?
I wrote 4 different status reports on what I did the week before and filled out 3 sets of timesheets to account for my hours.
In the time left over I took a training course that I have taken 5 years running with only minor changes.

Oh, and how to make your employees feel proud to work for the government - tell them they have to use public transportation and they will have to share a room.
I'm surprised they haven't gone back to the old $50 a day maximum per diem. Where MI&E could not exceed the portion you paid for your room.

glhs837

Power with Control
Being a contractor, I'm pretty free to do constructive stuff. Answer fleet questions, work logistics, answer questions about the systems and parts thereof for all hands. Not that my customers dont, those people work their asses off to do all stuff you talked about and still get the real stuff done. I just fill out a monthly four line status report to my company boss, thank god.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Being a contractor, I'm pretty free to do constructive stuff. Answer fleet questions, work logistics, answer questions about the systems and parts thereof for all hands. Not that my customers dont, those people work their asses off to do all stuff you talked about and still get the real stuff done. I just fill out a monthly four line status report to my company boss, thank god.

yep, hence the extra hours. Part of my review is based on meeting competency requirements - which means they have little to do with meeting mission requirements.
I've heard complaints form others as well, people who have to run a report 4 times, each slightly different (same data) because the powers that be can demand they get the format they like.