School supplies

sockgirl77

I'm having a hard time finding a few things. I went to Target and Wal*Mart. Tomorrow I'll try K-Mart. I can't seem to find composition notebooks, primary (jumbo) pencils, UNSCENTED anti-bacterial wipes, or packs of black dry erase markers. Is anyone else having this problem?

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I'm having a hard time finding a few things. I went to Target and Wal*Mart. Tomorrow I'll try K-Mart. I can't seem to find composition notebooks, primary (jumbo) pencils, UNSCENTED anti-bacterial wipes, or packs of black dry erase markers. Is anyone else having this problem?

Lots of people are complaining.. seems to be a shortage of school supplies this year. I haven't been able to find comp books except for walgreens and they are $150.. I have to buy 16 so I refused to buy them there..

So I had my sister look for them today, you should have asked her to get you some :lol: She got them at Kmart!

sockgirl77

I was reall disappointed at the selection at Wal*Fart. I bought a few things and then found them much cheaper at Target. I'll be returning stuff tomorrow. I'll definitely make a trip to K-Mart in the morning. Another thing that was lacking was the selection of backpacks.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
We bought everything back in early July at Rite Aid. They had plenty of everything BUT those big primary pencils are really hard to find. Some schools no longer use them. Dry erase markers were plentiful at Staples.

sockgirl77

My son never needed the big pencils but they're going to a new school this year and my daughter needs them. I haven't seen them in years. I'm going to make a call to the school tomorrow if I can't find them.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That efftard MOM and his gang of thieves decided to have a tax free week but excluded all the school supply crap. THANKS MARTY!!

I truly don't believe there is any such thing as Unscented anti-bacterial wipes. If you look at the wipes in a box, you can find unscented, but they are not anti-bacterial. If you look at the wipes that come in the canister, you can find anti-bacterial wipes, but they are scented. I went through the same thing last year. I think they simply don't exist. If you find them, please let me know exactly what they are because I have been unsuccessful for the past two year.:pete:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Seen comp books in the general dollar store by Max Gym last week.

Socki if you can't find stuff I wouldn't stress to much. The grades your kids are going into you are buying stuff to be dumped in a bin for all the kids to use. Buy later in the year when the supplies are running low.

LadyCoyote

This brings back memories of last year and NOT being able to find ONE packet of loose leaf paper in the area. We had just recently moved to the area, so this was a shocker. Had more luck on the base, since not everyone in the county can shop there.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We bought everything back in early July at Rite Aid. They had plenty of everything BUT those big primary pencils are really hard to find. Some schools no longer use them. Dry erase markers were plentiful at Staples.

So did I because I knew if I waited until the start of school was getting close, I would have problems getting everything I needed. With so many students needing the exact same stuff, it's hard to find things if you wait.

Socki,
Staples had a good deal on Jansport backpacks recently. May still be going on. Yes, they are more expensive than the el cheapo ones at WalMart, but they will last for YEARS.

The fat pencils are available at Educate and Celebrate in Prince Frederick and Waldorf.

Staples and Target had the composition notebooks last weekend, they will be getting in additional ones, eventually.

Staples had the dry erase markers in the bins in between the aisles last weekend.

SoccerMom2

I have 2 extra packs of the jumbo pencils. They come 2 in a pack. I bought tons of them last year when i visited my dad because i couldn't find them at our walmart. You can have them if you like. I am going to the store today since there is nothing else to do. I will let you know what i find. :howdy:

Cowgirl

I'm glad I stocked up on those composition books a few weeks ago. I swear, they run out every year!

pebbles

I didn't have any problems finding everything we needed, guess going at the end of July was a good idea. Bought everything at wal-mart including a new book bag for less than $40. They had plenty of composition books then. Hope you find what you need! Good luck!

FED_UP

SALE 8/15-8/21 staples sales 1 subject 10.5x8 note book 70 pgs//2 pk 5" scissors//5 pk permanent black sharpie//ball point pens assorted 5 pk//dry eraser markers 5 pk//Hammer Mill copy plus paper 500 pk ALL THESE ARE 1 DOLLAR . And no I don't work at staples LOL, its in their tv and online advertisement.

lovinmaryland

I was surprised how all the stores were out of a lot of supplies. Target especially had several empty bins. Very unusual.

nicole_M

The Dollar Tree in San Souci had comp. notebooks last week.

I did all my school supply shopping at the beginning of July. I knew it would be a PITA to wait 'til last minute and not find what I needed.