Serious Question - what does it take to get a date?

3CATSAILOR

Help wanted, obviously I'm doing something wrong.
What's the deciding factor for a woman to give you a chance?
I'm happily married. My wife is the best. For some reason I had three women in one night hit on me. One right in front of my wife at a dance. And another was less than half my age. I guess when you are not looking is when the ladies seem to be after you the most. I don't know. I found out if a lady can't take her eyes off of you, it's time to run.

WheezyCarl

Once upon a time, I tried online dating. HUGE waste of my time. Then I thought I'd just let things happen, if they happen. Then it happened. Ended up with a narcissist and cheater, BUT best thing that could have occurred when the true colors shown. I'm out. I've realized that I'm content with being single. I'll probably be alone for eternity, but oh well lol.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Once upon a time, I tried online dating.
One of my cousins did that one time. She agreed to meet at a restaurant for a get to know you dinner.
During the course of the conversation, turned out he was the grandson of our grandfather's brother.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Hijacking the thread -
How many chances do you give someone?
How many times do you let them hurt you?

I know, I know. Once.
I’m a slow learner.
It just hurts.
:huggy:
Not hijacking at all. Sorry that happened, because it sucks. Whether it be a romantic interest or friendship - it always sucks to give it a 2nd chance and have the same thing happen again. I just cut someone (a so-called friend) loose a week ago. I'd given it a 2nd chance, but she was treating me the same way. I tried to get out gracefully,
but she wasn't having it. She chose to excoriate me (and is most likely trashing me behind my back)for having the audacity to just want to walk away from a "friendship" that wasn't working for me anymore. 🙄

NextJen

Raisin cane
:huggy:
Not hijacking at all. Sorry that happened, because it sucks. Whether it be a romantic interest or friendship - it always sucks to give it a 2nd chance and have the same thing happen again. I just cut someone (a so-called friend) loose a week ago. I'd given it a 2nd chance, but she was treating me the same way. I tried to get out gracefully,
but she wasn't having it. She chose to excoriate me (and is most likely trashing me behind my back)for having the audacity to just want to walk away from a "friendship" that wasn't working for me anymore. 🙄
Sorry that happened to you.

Just tired of putting myself out there.
Pretty much resigning myself to stay single.
Time to buy my next Mustang and say ‘F’ it and make myself happy.

Bann

PREMO Member
Sorry that happened to you.

Just tired of putting myself out there.
Pretty much resigning myself to stay single.
Time to buy my next Mustang and say ‘F’ it and make myself happy.
I get it. :yay:

I love being able to come and go as I please. I do go out socially and know a lot of men who are very personable that I see out and about. If someone comes along and it turns into something more - great - if not - I am still having fun!!

Bann

PREMO Member
Thank you.

I don’t ever want to stop trying.
But I’m done for the immediate future 😔
I get it. I just have other things going on at the moment and want to keep that momentum going on for now.

I am the same way - just not unhappy about it right now, either.

Funny though - I got a "semi-drunk" text a week or so ago from someone who (last year just wanted to go do his own thing) admitted he'd been drinking a bit, but was "just reaching to say hi, as he'd been thinking about me". Pfffft. I didn't see it because I went to bed early on a Friday night for a change. :killingme: I got up in the middle of the night and saw it, and was like "yeaaaaah, I just bet you were" :jet: ...and I went back to bed and didn't answer it.

I messaged him back in the am, and we had a nice chat. He's nice enough, but sooooooooooooo last year. :howdy: :rolleyes:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A relationship sure takes its toll on your normal routine, I can speak to that. I think it's not so much, "How many times", as it is how deeply they effect you. If they're small slights, it can be attributed to them being used to being single. I've lost count at this point and wonder the same thing myself sometimes. If they were blatantly on purpose, I would've been long gone. I believe that sometimes it's completely innocent and mention it, we discuss it, and we (hopefully) learn from it. Only YOU can decide whether you think it's worth the effort.

NextJen

Raisin cane
A relationship sure takes its toll on your normal routine, I can speak to that. I think it's not so much, "How many times", as it is how deeply they effect you. If they're small slights, it can be attributed to them being used to being single. I've lost count at this point and wonder the same thing myself sometimes. If they were blatantly on purpose, I would've been long gone. I believe that sometimes it's completely innocent and mention it, we discuss it, and we (hopefully) learn from it. Only YOU can decide whether you think it's worth the effort.
Three drinks in, my effort right now is drink #4. I’ll give it more serious thought tomorrow.

TPD

the poor dad
Three drinks in, my effort right now is drink #4. I’ll give it more serious thought tomorrow.
DAYUM I needa get moving - only on #2 here. I’m not giving anything serious thought tomorrow except where/what I’m drinking.