Sessions had contact with Russian envoy

nutz

This explains why Trump was so moderated in the speech the other night -- they knew this story was coming out. Makes sense now. Given that it's well-known that Kislyak is a spy and spy recruiter, surely there is an audio recording of these conversations which will show up soonish.

Of course, this will be dismissed as "fake news" by the usual lot of knuckle-draggers here. :popcorn:

ROLL TIDE!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...205eda-feac-11e6-99b4-9e613afeb09f_story.html

When you and yours pony up some proof, other than gossip and hearsay, the knuckle draggers will listen.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Oh good lord.

More rationalization. You must be exhausted from the mental gymnastics this morning. I recommend lots of carbs.

I'm not rationalizing anything; I'm giving you the facts that are out there. Here, maybe a source more to your liking:

Sessions Met With Russian Ambassador but Didn’t Mislead Senate: Spokeswoman

Sarah Isgur Flores told NBC News that Sessions did have a conversation with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak last year. The meeting was first reported by The Washington Post.

But she said "there was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer" because Sessions was asked during the hearing about "communications between Russia and the Trump campaign" and not about meetings he took as a member of the Armed Services Committee.

According to his spokswoman, Sessions' meeting with Kislyak was just one of 25 conversations with foreign ambassadors in his role on the committee.

If you choose the reject this as a lie, you are doing so based on your anti-Trump bias.

Here's the question, specific to the Trump campaign; not Sessions' meeting with Kislyak as a member of the Armed Services Committee:

[video=youtube;2BpgHcanjCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BpgHcanjCQ[/video]

tommyjo

I'm not rationalizing anything; I'm giving you the facts that are out there. Here, maybe a source more to your liking:

If you choose the reject this as a lie, you are doing so based on your anti-Trump bias.

Her
e's the question, specific to the Trump campaign; not Sessions' meeting with Kislyak as a member of the Armed Services Committee:

Just wondering if you bothered to listen to the question and the answer??? The obvious answer is no.

Mr. Sessions wasn't asked if HE directly had contact with the Russians. He was asked if anyone from the campaign had contact with the Russians.

His reply: He concedes that he has been called a surrogate for the campaign (he obviously was working for/with the campaign as he appeared on many campaign stages with Trump---so that part of your point is false.)

His very next sentence. [B]"I DID NOT HAVE COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE RUSSIANS"[/B]. If you can't hear English, the video you posted is transcribed in English right on the bottom of the screen...those words are at 1:17. "I did not have communications with the Russians."

He answered a question he wasn't asked and he lied when he didn't have to.

Later, in writing he was asked if he had contact with the Russians during the campaign and replied, in writing, "no".

So, on two occasions and in two different formats, Mr. Sessions lied to the Senate. On both occasions, there was absolutely no reason to lie. So why did he? Is he just a dumbass? Hard to make that argument...Sessions has been in the Senate for decades(?). He knows the drill. So why did he lie.

(The I was doing it as a member of the Senate, doesn't pass the sniff test because the question posed in your video wasn't directed at Mr. Sessions...it was directed at the campaign. Mr. Sessions chose to answer it in a personal fashion and he chose to lie. But you'll believe---because you are more concerned about party vs country--that service on the committee excuses Mr. Sessions from lying.)

PsyOps

Pixelated
Just wondering if you bothered to listen to the question and the answer??? The obvious answer is no.

You're right. The answer's no. I am obviously too stupid to understand what was transpiring. Thank you for blessing me with your superior wisdom and setting me straight.

Oh, and I didn't bother reading the rest of your post since I am obviously too stupid to understand any of it anyway.

Kev_Russell

Here's the question, specific to the Trump campaign; not Sessions' meeting with Kislyak as a member of the Armed Services Committee:

Oh gosh. Sessions' spokeshole said it's all good and nothing is amiss. Now why didn't I bother to see what she had to say first?

You're awesome dude.

stgislander

PREMO Member
There will be an investigation and it will be determined that, if Sessions did indeed lie, there was no intent to deceive Congress so nothing further will happen. End of story. :coffee:

Midnightrider

Sessions was asked by Franken if he knew of any contact with the Russians by the Trump camp regarding the presidential campaign; and his answer was no. The question wasn't whether Sessions had any contact with the Russians. The meeting Session had with Ambassador Kislyak was in the capacity of Sessions' position on the Armed Services Committee when he was a senator.

Sessions, Russian ambassador reportedly spoke twice during presidential campaign

It's what they do LB; members of Armed Services Committee meet/talk with foreign subjects for various national security related things. You anti-Trumpers just want there to be something with the Russians and the presidential campaign; and you keep coming up empty.

Okay???? Then why didn't just say that. Would've been very easy and would've avoided any future confusion. Seems like he was withholding something and now we're starting to see what it was.
exactly, saying the truth would have been very easy, and easily understood considering the panel was a bunch of congressmen. Making a misleading statement about it only leads to questions
Again, Sessions was asked if he ever met with the Russians regarding the election. There is no evidence that he did, and he stated that he didn't. He met with the Russians in the capacity of his position on the Armed Service Committee; which is completely normal. That was NOT the question he was asked. There is no lie just because he didn't disclose his meeting with Kislyak. He is not obligated to offer up information that he wasn't asked about.

come on dude. you are srriously splitting hairs. If i ask you if anyone in your office had contact with the russians do you say no if you know that you did in an off duty capacity? I know that wouldn't work for people with a clearance. If a normal civil servant made a similarly misleading statement under oath they would be in pretty deep ####.

thurley42

HY;FR
Gotta love liberal turds.....they cry about war, even though their savior gave us 8 years of it......and then they cry wolf when we have normal conversations with another world power and former(ish) nuclear enemy....which is it douche rockets, no war, or no efforts to improve relations?

Midnightrider

What misleading statement did Sessions make?...and in response to whom?

Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., how he would respond "if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign."

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” answered Sessions, one of Trump’s earliest and most prominent supporters during the campaign. “I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

get your spin stick out :killingme

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
get your spin stick out :killingme

The actual tortured question:

.. (question already in progress) ... "but CNN just published a story, alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week [The Pee-Pee Gate Documents-- ace] that included information that quote "Russian operatives claimed to have comproming personal and financial information about Mr. Trump. These documents also allegedly say quote "there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government." Again I'm telling you this is just coming out so, you know... but, if it's true it's obviously extremely serious. And if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russians in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Here is where you explain, in detail, how Sessions was officially affiliated with the Trump campaign as compared to his position on SASC.

And of course..preceding Franken's mess, there was this.

"Several of the President-elect's nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?" Leahy wrote.

Sessions responded with one word: "No."

Fortunately, none of it matters and will be all blown over in a week.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

The actual tortured question:

Here is where you explain, in detail, how Sessions was officially affiliated with the Trump campaign as compared to his position on SASC.

bwhahahahaha

you mean other than his saying so himself under oath?

do you know what "anyone affilatted with the truimp campaign" means?

PsyOps

Pixelated
come on dude. you are srriously splitting hairs. If i ask you if anyone in your office had contact with the russians do you say no if you know that you did in an off duty capacity? I know that wouldn't work for people with a clearance. If a normal civil servant made a similarly misleading statement under oath they would be in pretty deep ####.

That wasn't the question Session was asked. The exact question:

Franken: "If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what would you do?"

Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign, and I did not have communications with the Russians. And I am unable to comment."

CONTEXT! Franken is specifically asking about any communications with the Russians related to the Trump campaign. Sessions' communications with the Russians were while he was doing business as a member of the Armed Services Committee. I totally get how you are conflating the two, because you want there to be a relationship. But what Session did as a senator has nothing to do with the Trump campaign.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And again.....it matters not a wit. Time to move on to the next faux controversy. Keeps people like MR off the streets.