Sessions: Marijuana only slightly less awful than heroin

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Given that, would you expect him, a guy with no medical training, no training in medical research or anything like that, to be expected to

Good point. Now that you point it out, I'd expect him to ignore reality and do just as he is told. Now, I think even less of him and my already shaky impression of Trump as being sensible goes with it.

Hijinx

Good point. Now that you point it out, I'd expect him to ignore reality and do just as he is told. Now, I think even less of him and my already shaky impression of Trump as being sensible goes with it.

Nice that you make a decision on a man because he isn't a dope lover.
But of course having read your post over the years it's no surprise.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nice that you make a decision on a man because he isn't a dope lover.
But of course having read your post over the years it's no surprise.

Anyone who equates weed and heroin so closely is, simply put, a dope. I take it as a compliment that you are effectively saying I'm not that stupid. :buddies:

This_person

"The reality" is that many learned people have significant issues with pot use and have studies and significant research to back that up. The further reality is that even elected officials should not have the authority to reflexively dismiss the work done by subordinate organizations with little to back up their opinions.

Even the research we discussed in the previous discussion was not conclusive that pot is anything but a lesser option in the vast majority of medical studies.

Your reality isn't most people's.

This_person

Anyone who equates weed and heroin so closely is, simply put, a dope. I take it as a compliment that you are effectively saying I'm not that stupid. :buddies:

The problem with this position is that it is counter to the science involved at the DEA level. You need to convince them to change the category, then argue

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"The reality" is that many learned people have significant issues with pot use and have studies and significant research to back that up. .

Not compared to heroin and that is the subject, the point of what we're talking about here. He may as well have equated jumping out of bed and jumping out of airplanes. THAT is everyone's reality.

It was a stupid, thoughtless comment and either he's stupid and thoughtless or working for someone who is. It's the exact same inane horse #### as people trying to compare Trump and Hitler. It's an insult to our intelligence.

This_person

Not compared to heroin and that is the subject, the point of what we're talking about here. He may as well have equated jumping out of bed and jumping out of airplanes. THAT is everyone's reality.

It was a stupid, thoughtless comment and either he's stupid and thoughtless or working for someone who is. It's the exact same inane horse #### as people trying to compare Trump and Hitler. It's an insult to our intelligence.

My personal beliefs are in line with your view of this. The category of drugs at the control level aren't. If you're going to change the authority opinion, you need to overcome their evidence

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My personal beliefs are in line with your view of this. The category of drugs at the control level aren't. If you're going to change the authority opinion, you need to overcome their evidence

:bs:
And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana – so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful.##Our nation needs to say clearly once again that using drugs will destroy your life.

if you believe, for ONE second, ANY evidence that even suggests that statement to be remotely true, no real evidence nor, apparently, any real life experience or notice of the papers is going to dissuade you.

7 kids ended up in the hospital locally last weekend. 3 died. To heroin. We're still waiting, what, 2,000 years and counting, worldwide, for our first weed death.
President Obama was a pot head and low level dealer. His life ruined? President Bush 43 was a serious coke head and drunk. That ruin his life? Now, how many people's lives were ruined to this idiotic 'war' on drugs because they got busted when George and Barrack got a privileged pass or were just lucky?

Sessions had his chance with me. Now, I hear a bleating moron with zero dignity or self respect wiling to, officially, dole out DESTRUCTIVE and counter productive nonsense and lies for, apparently, an agenda.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And another thing; violence over weed sales and distribution have all but disappeared.

WHY? Because we've, largely, except for Jeff Sessions, grown up enough to pseudo legalize it and then, naturally, the profit for it, THE motive for the violence, has all but disappeared. Prohibition is a win for criminals, lawyers, crooked cops and judges and the jail system. It's a lose for everyone else.

Hijinx

I have seen too many people who use Marijuana in their stupified high and too many people overdosed on heroin to support either becoming legal.
Especially after seeing the way they have enhanced the strength of Marijuana in Colorado. I of course know the difference in the dangers of the two and the strength of the two, but I still see no reason to legalize either (probably because I have no intention of using either) and have no doubt that those who feel so strongly for legalization of pot already have used it.
I certainly feel anyone who wants it made legal in the same way you feel about me.
You're a dope.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I have seen too many people who use Marijuana in their stupified high and too many people overdosed on heroin to support either becoming legal. .

Every see a drunk? Any idea how many people a year it KILLS? Any clue as to the cost in lost work, violence, legal system costs? You good with all that because...it's legal?

Chris0nllyn

I have seen too many people who use Marijuana in their stupified high and too many people overdosed on heroin to support either becoming legal.
Especially after seeing the way they have enhanced the strength of Marijuana in Colorado. I of course know the difference in the dangers of the two and the strength of the two, but I still see no reason to legalize either (probably because I have no intention of using either) and have no doubt that those who feel so strongly for legalization of pot already have used it.
I certainly feel anyone who wants it made legal in the same way you feel about me.
You're a dope.

You don't have to have used it to want it legal.

Hijinx

Every see a drunk? Any idea how many people a year it KILLS? Any clue as to the cost in lost work, violence, legal system costs? You good with all that because...it's legal?

Every time Marijuana comes up someone who thinks they know everything has to bring up liquor.
I suppose to some minds it makes sense to have two evils.

By the way I haven't been drunk since I was 16 and drink a beer maybe once a month because I want one.
A drink when I feel like it. I would say that alcohol addiction is as bad as heroin addiction, but you would simply call me a dope for saying it.
Alcohol in large quantities is as deadly only slower.

Chris0nllyn

Every time Marijuana comes up someone who thinks they know everything has to bring up liquor.

By the way I haven't been drunk since I was 16 and drink a beer maybe once a month because I want one.
A drink when I feel like it. I would say that alcohol addiction is as bad as heroin addiction, but you would simply call me a dope for saying it.

But you'd agree there can be, and are, casual users/drinkers that don't drink themselves into stupor, yes?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No, Beavis. The point is that weed is illegal, to some extent, and has NONE, ZERO of the negatives of alcohol. We KNOW that. You KNOW that. And that's a wonderful thing that you choose to use alcohol, or not, as you see fit. Do you think someone should be in charge of telling you that or are you GTG on your own, making that sort of decision?

Hijinx

No, Beavis. The point is that weed is illegal, to some extent, and has NONE, ZERO of the negatives of alcohol. We KNOW that. You KNOW that. And that's a wonderful thing that you choose to use alcohol, or not, as you see fit. Do you think someone should be in charge of telling you that or are you GTG on your own, making that sort of decision?

Thanks for the Beavis reference Butthead. Marijuana has the power to get change ones natural state of mind.The user gets high to a point and mostly gets in a state of euphoria. Much like the drunk. Not the same of course. I don't want a user of Marijuana on duty as a police officer or firefighter any more than I would a drunk.

That my friend is not the Zero you were looking for now is it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thanks for the Beavis reference Butthead. Marijuana has the power to get change ones natural state of mind.The user gets high to a point and mostly gets in a state of euphoria. Much like the drunk. Not the same of course. I don't want a user of Marijuana on duty as a police officer or firefighter any more than I would a drunk.

That my friend is not the Zero you were looking for now is it.

So, let me ask. Where do you get the idea anyone is advocating for public intoxication? On the job or otherwise?

Hijinx

But you'd agree there can be, and are, casual users/drinkers that don't drink themselves into stupor, yes?

Yes and I am sure there are Marijuana users that use it casually.

I just cannot see making it legal so more and more are left susceptible to it.
But I am just a voice in the wilderness. More and more people want it, and eventually it is coming.
There is no stopping it.
Tax the #### out of it and make the Democrats happy.

You can rest assured they will keep it illegal to be grown in your own back yard.
If they are going to make it legal they should allow it's growth in your garden, after all it's just a weed.