Sheriff Zylak

truth2Btold4

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Zylak has gone to bat for the deputies and the corrections guys, so I don't see why some of you think there's so much animosity. You'd think they'd adore the guy.

He's revamped the promotional system so it's more fair and put more deputies on the streets in peak times.

He started doing Roll Call to keep everyone informed as to what's going on.

He combined the CI unit with the Staties for better information sharing.

He's drastically reduced the number of vacancies in the Sheriff's Dept.

He's reduced overtime spending to save ya'lls tax bucks.

He's been lobbying for collective bargaining for the deputies and COs, which will certainly earn him the endorsement of the FOP and the COA.

I think you guys have something personal against Zylak. Either that or you're running against him.

Well some of what you said may be true, but the deputies and employees that I have spoken with are NOT AT ALL happy and certainly far from adoring Zylak. All of what you are saying is external and what Zylak wants the public to see and hear. Whats going on inside is what the public needs to know. If he can't keep the troups happy, morale will be down, when morale is down , productivity is down, more employees calling in, taking off, less protection on the streets. (and on and on and on....) I do not see any FOP endorsement, nor a 2nd term for Zylak.

Pete

Repete
What specific things is the Sheriff doing that is making them so unhappy? All I have seen here is a few newbies with an agenda and a truckload of generalizations. Why are the deputies unhappy? You show up, take a car and go out and enforce the law. Is he making them shine his car? Did they lose OT? Does he do personnel inspections on them at roll call? Did he take away dental insurance? What is it?

truth2Btold4

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Zylak has gone to bat for the deputies and the corrections guys, so I don't see why some of you think there's so much animosity. You'd think they'd adore the guy.

He's revamped the promotional system so it's more fair and put more deputies on the streets in peak times.

He started doing Roll Call to keep everyone informed as to what's going on.

He combined the CI unit with the Staties for better information sharing.

He's drastically reduced the number of vacancies in the Sheriff's Dept.

He's reduced overtime spending to save ya'lls tax bucks.

He's been lobbying for collective bargaining for the deputies and COs, which will certainly earn him the endorsement of the FOP and the COA.

These ideas sound familiar. I thought Mickey Bailey lost the election .:confused:

Collective Bargaining ? From what I have read and heard during the commissioners meetings on this topic, the Sheriff wants to allow the employees to be able to negotiate issues not related to pay, benefits or other items with no fiscal impact. If that is the case, what lobbying does he need to do? As the Sheriff, why has he not instituted it? Sounds like he is not really for it, just threw it out to make it look as if he was fighting for his troops.

GraveDigger

1st let me comment on the "newbie" issue. I didn't know this site or talk exchange was availible. I used SoMd online to advertise things that I was selling so thats the reason.

Obviously I have touched on ground that is a very sore subject too a few and maybe not so few. I have been around this county for years.Have worked the campaigns and listened to the b.s that each have handed out. Some worse than others.
I don't work for the Sheriffs office nor would I want to.
However,
I do know alot of things I follow them pretty regularly.
I think some of the issues that have been told to Sheriff Zylak he has sluffed off . Over Ridden Power Trip!
The issues at the jail were documented. If these subjects bother people so dig into it. Question your Questions and ask! We have a right to know. Justbecause we are citizens and he is the Sheriff and deputies doesn't make them above the law.
There are inappropriate comments/Slanders/harassment being put on these deputies by both Mr. and Mrs Zylak. This is in no way fair practice...
There are "clicks" so to speak within the department (Not that you don't have that anywhere) however, these clicks are detramental to our county.
The lack of praise to these deputies for
hey... "these are my troops" I am PROUD to have them is NOT THERE!!
The consistent badgering back in forth with wanting to cursify your own is way beyond my level of thinking.
I will say .. These people both men and women do a fine job with the resources they have. They do make mistakes as we all do but has the public collectively ever said Hey nice work. Everyone is so quick to ##### about racing down the road, too slow on response,etc.. and i am saying they are valid. However, they have no one to stand up for them with a Sheriff that doesn't protect / Stand / and defend.
I am merely a small piece of the puzzle.
thats all...

Pete

Repete
Ohhhhhh ok, I see clearly now :rolleyes: :crazy: :bonk: You are a doofus.

You came on here and started spewing about the Sheriff. Making all kinds of genrealizations and vague accusations. I asked for one single specific example and you give me this?

YOU HAVE AN AGENDA just admit it. Got a parking ticket that you didn't like? Whatever, all I asked was for a specific, 1 little old specific things to substantiate your opinion of the man.

"I think some of the issues that have been told to Sheriff Zylak he has sluffed off . " Just because he didn't think the issue was as important as the person who's issue it is doesn't mean he sluffs off responsibility. I am still waiting for my mini-fridge for my office and if I don't get it I am going to write a letter to the editor bashing my parent company's HQ in VA.

Question your Questions and ask! We have a right to know. Justbecause we are citizens and he is the Sheriff and deputies doesn't make them above the law.

WTF does that mean? Wait "them" you mean the deputies that you say are being not stood up for are breaking the law? EXAMPLE?

There are inappropriate comments/Slanders/harassment being put on these deputies by both Mr. and Mrs Zylak. This is in no way fair practice...

Where are the law suits? The complaints? When is the next hearing? Slander and harassment are against the law. If they are being perpetuated against a law enforcement officer I would expect them to report it.

There are "clicks" so to speak within the department (Not that you don't have that anywhere) however, these clicks are detramental to our county. Name a place where more than 3 people congregate for more than 5 minutes and their will be "cliques" sounds like someone needs to just get over it, welcome to the real world. I see it here, everyone loves me. It is hard to be adored so much and not have little tiffs unfold. WAIT.......did you hear that? It was the recess bell.

The lack of praise to these deputies for
hey... "these are my troops" I am PROUD to have them is NOT THERE!!
The consistent badgering back in forth with wanting to cursify your own is way beyond my level of thinking.

These grown adults who are rugh tough law enforcment officers are not getting a daily pat on the ass? This is what you are talking about? EXAMPLE?

If the deputies are breaking rules or laws they would be goobers to expect the Sheriff to "be behind them all the way" EXAMPLE?

However, they have no one to stand up for them with a Sheriff that doesn't protect / Stand / and defend.Protect them from what? Defend them from what? Is this a case of "I am going to take my sweet time getting to that accident call because the Sheriff didn't say good morning to me and now I am feeling hurt." type thing?

OK, this is the deal. This is an interactive board and you have come in here making statements of opinion and tried to make them look like fact. Everyone here except for 3 are smart enough to see this and you will have a hard time unless you provide verifyable facts and examples.

As far as dammaging the Sheriff with your rant here you have not done anything. I have only lived here 8 months but I vote and it counts as much as yours. If anything you have convinced me to vote FOR the current Sheriff because if he pizzes off people like you in my opinion he must be doing things right.

truth2Btold4

Just remember that Liberty4Me started the thread; Not Gravedigger. And in defense of Gravedigger I have to say there are internal things going on within the Sheriffs Office that the public does not see. I assume that specific examples arn't given might be due to fear of retribution. If someone figures out who you are then there may be hell to pay. Most of us are on here chatting anonymously. If it did not matter who we are then we would provide our real names!
Frankly I would personally talk to some of those people who work for Zylak and see what they have to say.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by truth2Btold4
Frankly I would personally talk to some of those people who work for Zylak and see what they have to say.
We'll see if the FOP endorses him come election time. That's the biggest indicator of all.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by truth2Btold4
Just remember that Liberty4Me started the thread; Not Gravedigger. And in defense of Gravedigger I have to say there are internal things going on within the Sheriffs Office that the public does not see. I assume that specific examples arn't given might be due to fear of retribution. If someone figures out who you are then there may be hell to pay. Most of us are on here chatting anonymously. If it did not matter who we are then we would provide our real names!
Like there are not issues going on at the public works commision, the Rec and Parks department, Zoning and Planning? If it's silly avoid it, if it's a crime report it, if it is so bad you cannot work there quit and find a different job that allows you to have a power trip, serve the public and drive around in a county car.......building inspector.

liberty4me

You came on here and started spewing about the Sheriff. Making all kinds of genrealizations and vague accusations. I asked for one single specific example and you give me this?

I don't recall you asking on specific question as I read through the threads.

YOU HAVE AN AGENDA just admit it. Got a parking ticket that you didn't like? Whatever, all I asked was for a specific, 1 little old specific things to substantiate your opinion of the man.

Be as it may, your opinion, my opinion, and everyone elses opinion. Everyone has a right to say what they feel. I didn't know that individuals who were posting things on here requested YOUR specific approval.

I am still waiting for my mini-fridge for my office and if I don't get it I am going to write a letter to the editor bashing my parent company's HQ in VA.
I certaily hope you get your mini-fridge, if you don't in the next month or two try submitting a request to the Sheriff he might be able to accomodate you for your comments here

Where are the law suits? The complaints?
C heck the Att. Gen. Office
WAIT.......did you hear that? It was the recess bell.
before you go throwing stones about that ****. Why don't you drool over another advertisment of Jackie Randall...oh wait... did I say that??!

getting a daily pat on the ass?
I don't think anyone was asking for that, but by the sounds of it Daddy hasn't patted your either. Or would you know what work was all about?

Protect them from what? Defend them from what? Is this a case of "I am going to take my sweet time getting to that accident call because the Sheriff didn't say good morning to me and now I am feeling hurt
Protection, They don't need protection they need a leader! and I don't think they take their sweet time responding to calls, but if they do I hope it's your's they are late too. Start the pot roast they are on their way!

OK, this is the deal. This is an interactive board and you have come in here making statements of opinion and tried to make them look like fact. Everyone here except for 3 are smart enough to see this and you will have a hard time unless you provide verifyable facts and examples.

As far as dammaging the Sheriff with your rant here you have not done anything. I have only lived here 8 months but I vote and it counts as much as yours. If anything you have convinced me to vote FOR the current Sheriff because if he pizzes off people like you in my opinion he must be doing things right.

OK, this is the deal. I don't think when people signed up for the board they asked for your permission nor asked you to solve any problems. They are my statements and my opinions and I didn't try to make ####! I know the fact, YOU don't have a clue. Obviously you have bitterness somewhere along the line and that's your business I really don't care because last I checked I don't report to you. All reveals itself in due time. But THEY WORK IN THE REAL WORLD and not for "parents" so I wouldn't think you would releate. No one was asking or stating they were voting the Sheriff out of office although "there's a thought". Take it or leave it, No one asked you to read it or comment on it.

Have a nice day!

PrepH4U

Protect them from what? Defend them from what? Is this a case of "I am going to take my sweet time getting to that accident call because the Sheriff didn't say good morning to me and now I am feeling hurt
Protection, They don't need protection they need a leader! and I don't think they take their sweet time responding to calls, but if they do I hope it's your's they are late too. Start the pot roast they are on their way!

I am not getting into this petty mud tossing arena but I have to stop you right here. :boo: Gee why don't the citizens have a high opinon of the authorities? I don't know cuz we all are just to dumb I guess. Could it be the intimidation factor? hmmm Could it be the professionalism? hmmm Oh I forgot the above statement reeks of professionalism right? I haven't posted my little pic in a long while but you deserve the award! Hey honey bend over!
preparationh.jpg

You might relate to this or does a picture of a gun offend you?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by PrepH4U
Protect them from what? Defend them from what? Is this a case of
I am not getting into this petty mud tossing arena but I have to stop you right here. :boo: Gee why don't the citizens have a high opinon of the authorities? I don't know cuz we all are just to dumb I guess. Could it be the intimidation factor? hmmm Could it be the professionalism? hmmm
Dayum, I hate being on the outside... but I know most of these guys. Intimidation factor? dumb? ... I have to tell ya. I personally have a very high opinion of the deputies. ( Well for the most part, with the exception of deputy Hartzell at CHS.) BTW, I loved Mark Smith.

I strongly believe that every office needs a leader who can support the troops and lead! I have watched the steady decline in service with this department through the High School. It's there and it's real. My take? Leadership!

Bye Bye Zylak! Didn't vote for ya the first time and will make sure I don't vote for you again. :biggrin:

PrepH4U

Originally posted by liberty4me
Original. and professionalism is spreading by the dozen around here... woooo skeerd!!:smooch:
:confused:
Sorry I skeerd ya!:biggrin:
But can you try and post that in english? "professionalism is spreading by the dozen" hmmm :stupid:

PrepH4U

Originally posted by Kain99
Dayum, I hate being on the outside... but I know most of these guys. Intimidation factor? dumb? ... I have to tell ya. I personally have a very high opinion of the deputies. ( Well for the most part, with the exception of deputy Hartzell at CHS.) BTW, I loved Mark Smith.

I strongly believe that every office needs a leader who can support the troops and lead! I have watched the steady decline in service with this department through the High School. It's there and it's real. My take? Leadership!

Bye Bye Zylak! Didn't vote for ya the first time and will make sure I don't vote for you again. :biggrin:
Read and quote my whole post, I was only referring to him telling pete that if he is expecting someone to respond to emergency he should start his pot roast. I was not commenting on the leadership only the professionalism aspect. And as an outsider you think this comment is ok?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by PrepH4U
Read and quote my whole post, I was only referring to him telling pete that if he is expecting someone to respond to emergency he should start his pot roast. I was not commenting on the leadership only the professionalism aspect. And as an outsider you think this comment is ok?
As an outsider I think that the department is crumbling.... I'm watching this shiznit from afar but it is happening! :wink:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99
Just for the record! Deputy Hartzell told my daughter that running away was not a crime. He went on and on telling her that if you're not caught with contraband or drugs we can't do anything to ya!

If she's at least 16, he's right, they won't do anything.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Is this some sort of extension on the "teenage aerobics" thought you were having yesterday? If it is I hope it all works out for the best.