Shooting in San Souci?

PeoplesElbow

Seriously? A person (apparently) took his own life and the discussion is what kind of bike and is it scratched?

Really?

The discussion of what type of bike it is could help someone rule out if it is someone they know and care about.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not all guns have safety's.

Virtually all guns have safety devices. A lot these days don't have the traditional safety lever that most folks think of, but it's a pretty rare piece that can just go off in a pocket without a hand involved, I think.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Virtually all guns have safety devices. A lot these days don't have the traditional safety lever that most folks think of, but it's a pretty rare piece that can just go off in a pocket without a hand involved, I think.

It should also be noted that a safety is just one aspect to something like this happening. The gun also has to be loaded and cocked (round in the chamber) to fire. Only an idiot would ride around with a gun like that in their pocket.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It should also be noted that a safety is just one aspect to something like this happening. The gun also has to be loaded and cocked (round in the chamber) to fire. Only an idiot would ride around with a gun like that in their pocket.

If his gun was in his pocket and he shot himself in the head/neck it would have to be a Lee Harvey Oswald special that shoots magic bullets, Or maybe he had his coat on his head. :shrug:

;

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Not much point in carrying if you don't have one in the chamber. "Hold on a minute while I get ready..." :shrug:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Not much point in carrying if you don't have one in the chamber. "Hold on a minute while I get ready..." :shrug:

It sounds very unlikely that this person was simply turning around and his gun accidentally went off. I have never read anything like this before I have a feeling that there is something more to it. Was he wearing his coat on his head versus a helmet?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It sounds very unlikely that this person was simply turning around and his gun accidentally went off. I have never read anything like this before I have a feeling that there is something more to it. Was he wearing his coat on his head versus a helmet?

No idea.

pebbles

He was not wearing a helmet

mitzi

So why does Somdnews.net have the headline "Murder in California"? How about getting the facts before posting such a headline? How about "Death in California" and report the facts known (man on motorcycle, shot heard, he was dead) at the time and that the SO is investigating instead of jumping to conclusions and stating "murder". Ridiculous, they should be embarressed.

mitzi

Now it's changed with 4 minutes of my previous post (I don't think that's why, just the timing). It should have been corrected hours ago.

mamatutu

mama to two
Now it's changed with 4 minutes of my previous post (I don't think that's why, just the timing). It should have been corrected hours ago.

It is all about sensationalism, mitzi. That is what powers the media, or what is left of it. We all have to sift through it; whether it be local or national. As always, jmo.

mitzi

It is all about sensationalism, mitzi. That is what powers the media, or what is left of it. We all have to sift through it; whether it be local or national. As always, jmo.

You're so right and I think it's pitiful and unprofessional. For a moment I thought I was looking at St. Mary's Today.

RidgeChick

Are you kidding? how about drunks driving? or drunks driving with their children in their car going for more booze?? I know a lot of idiots, with a gun or without....

L8RG8R

I lived in Texas and carried concealed for 10 years before moving to the safe haven state of Maryland. Never accidentally shot myself in the neck. Not even once. Lucky I guess.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Only an idiot would ride around with a gun like that in their pocket.

Well god knows the world is populated with enough of those...

You mean like LEO and other agents who are authorized to carry?

Do you really think that none of them carry their weapon without a round in the chamber and the weapon safety engaged. That would be like "hold on bad guy let me chamber a round before you start shooting at me".

And I won't mention the military either.