Sick! Montgomery County Fire fighter arrested

Animal

I eat red meat
Any time two people have sex, it initiates with solicitation in some form. I mean, if you have sex with someone without asking first, we typically call that "rape". :shrug:
Really? You've never been caught up in a moment of heat and passion that ended in sex without having someone ask you if they could first?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
How could someone such as this be a leader in a fire department.
Maybe because he's a good firefighter? :shrug: Unless he had a prior record of this, it should not have affected his career. You can't always tell someone's crime before they commit it, so that makes it a little difficult also.

eddy1

Then enlighten me, oh wise one. If he did nothing wrong, why was he arrested?

Didn't say he didn't do anything wrong. Read it again. I said there is no crime having sex with a sixteen year old. He solicited sex in exchange for money. That is against the law.

eddy1

Here, let me help:

You could write it as big as you like. It still isn't against the law no matter how old the guy is as long as there is no custodial relationship.

HE WAS ARRESTED FOR THE SOLICITATION OF A MINOR!!!!! THAT IS THE CRIME!!!!!!

ImnoMensa

Police say Mothershead used his county e-mail address to begin contact with someone who had posted on Craigslist, unknowingly contacting two undercover officers.

The way I read this the police posted on Craigslist and this guy stupidly used a County Computer to answer. Now maybe my comprehension is bad also, but what are the cops doing posting on craigslist and if they posted, who is doing the soliciting.

I can see locking up people who post in chat rooms and go to where children are on computers and start up conversations for sex. But what are cops doing soliciting on Craigs List.?

This fireman was dumb no doubt of that. Sometimes women advertise for sex on Craigs List and the cops should probably look for that and make arrests, but IMo they have no business posing as 16 yo girls to entrap men, and if the police did the soliciting this man only answered their ad, I dont think they have a case.

eddy1

The way I read this the police posted on Craigslist and this guy stupidly used a County Computer to answer. Now maybe my comprehension is bad also, but what are the cops doing posting on craigslist and if they posted, who is doing the soliciting.

A girl states that she is sixteen looking to meet men. A retarded fire chief answers her add. He is now soliciting a minor when he asks her to have sex.

I can see locking up people who post in chat rooms and go to where children are on computers and start up conversations for sex. But what are cops doing soliciting on Craigs List.?

Looking for idiot men who will look for under age girls to have sex with. It's called police work

This fireman was dumb no doubt of that. Sometimes women advertise for sex on Craigs List and the cops should probably look for that and make arrests, but IMo they have no business posing as 16 yo girls to entrap men, and if the police did the soliciting this man only answered their ad, I dont think they have a case.

There is no entrapment. They stated in the article that the girls told the men "she" was sixteen. The men should have stopped at that point. Entrapment would be if the girl told them to do something illegal. They have free will. There is nothing wrong with the police going on saying they are sixteen and waiting for someone to proposition them for sex!

hvp05

CL is no different than a chat room, only it is comprised of static messages instead of live messages - sort of like the forums. This is also no different than a live sting where an officer dresses up as a hooker and waits for men to ask for sex, they go to a room or somewhere, and they arrest the guy.

There is solicitation once the guy makes a proposition, and maybe once money changes hands. I imagine the cops can post as many messages as they want making casual conversation, but as soon as one asks for sex there's a problem.

Cops are pretty well-trained on these tactics, so it's hard to believe they would do something dumb on what should be a routine operation.

eddy1

CL is no different than a chat room, only it is comprised of static messages instead of live messages - sort of like the forums. This is also no different than a live sting where an officer dresses up as a hooker and waits for men to ask for sex, they go to a room or somewhere, and they arrest the guy.

There is solicitation once the guy makes a proposition, and maybe once money changes hands. I imagine the cops can post as many messages as they want making casual conversation, but as soon as one asks for sex there's a problem.

Cops are pretty well-trained on these tactics, so it's hard to believe they would do something dumb on what should be a routine operation.

:yeahthat:

ImnoMensa

There is no entrapment. They stated in the article that the girls told the men "she" was sixteen. The men should have stopped at that point. Entrapment would be if the girl told them to do something illegal. They have free will. There is nothing wrong with the police going on saying they are sixteen and waiting for someone to proposition them for sex!

You say To-May toe ,I say To-Mah -toe.

Its still entrapment., and the police need to find something better to do.Maybe they could find a drug dealer or two in Montgomery County to lock up.

eddy1

You say To-May toe ,I say To-Mah -toe.

Its still entrapment., and the police need to find something better to do.Maybe they could find a drug dealer or two in Montgomery County to lock up.
Yea right, because selling a little weed is so much more disturbing than someone trying to pay a sixteen year old for sex. Shows where your morals are you pervert!

ImnoMensa

Yea right, because selling a little weed is so much more disturbing than someone trying to pay a sixteen year old for sex. Shows where your morals are you pervert!

I dont appreciate being called a pervert for venturing an opinion on a post.

I dont know if you are what you claim to be---some kind of Police Officer, but if you are then they certainly sunk pretty low when they hired you.It would appear that some sort of intelligence test would be required for a real officer and it's obvious you would fail the test for even a Mall Cop.

I dont recall mentioning weed as you call it , but if you are a police officer ,your attitude about weed is a little unorthodox. It is illegal after all.I mentioned Drugs. You know:Heroin Cocaine, Meth, Ecstasy, all of those drugs that turn these 16 yo kids into tomorrows prostitutes.

eddy1

I dont appreciate being called a pervert for venturing an opinion on a post.

Too bad. Get off the internet then.

I dont know if you are what you claim to be---some kind of Police Officer, but if you are then they certainly sunk pretty low when they hired you.It would appear that some sort of intelligence test would be required for a real officer and it's obvious you would fail the test for even a Mall Cop.

Why, because I am able to identify a guy who would rather the police NOT investigate scumbag perverts who solicit 16 year olds as a pervert himself? Show me where my intelligence is flawed. Just because an idiot like you says it doesn't make it true. Do me a favor, put a proper sentence structure together before you try and insult someone's intelligence retard!

I dont recall mentioning weed as you call it , but if you are a police officer ,your attitude about weed is a little unorthodox. It is illegal after all.double space after a period idiotI mentioned Drugs. You know:Heroin Cocaine, Meth, Ecstasy, all of those drugs that turn these 16 yo kids into tomorrows prostitutes.

And what of your experience ole wise one dictates this? How do you come to have all this knowledge of teen age prostitutes? Do you talk with them as you are paying them?

So you are saying weed is not a drug? Oh, that's funny my training and experience would say that it is a gateway drug.

You are one of those people who think they should tell the police how to do their job, but you can't even put a proper sentence together.

You don't want police to investigate those that would solicit a sixteen year old girl to have sex, but want the police to take people off of those details to fight the never ending war on drugs.

Fortunately, you have no say. Fortunately we are smart enough to put resources on both fronts.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I personally hate when people say 'they [police] should be doing something more productive.' There are task forces designed for certain things, and I'm almost certain every police department has a cybercrime unit. You may only see traffic cops, but there are far more police officers than what you see.
That being said, the guy that solicited is a complete moron. Why would you use your county issued email address to do something illegal?

ImnoMensa

And in your next post you call it a Gateway drug.

Yeah you are a genious. Never mind I wont be seeing your trash any longer that's what the iggy is for Just another asswipe joining the rest.

eddy1

And in your next post you call it a Gateway drug.

Yeah you are a genious. Never mind I wont be seeing your trash any longer that's what the iggy is for Just another asswipe joining the rest.

Good, go away pervert. I hope you get caught trying to pick up the little girls. Remember, we are watching.

hvp05

Nastiness aside...

Its still entrapment., and the police need to find something better to do.
You are indeed wrong.

Entrapment: The act of government agents or officials that induces a person to commit a crime he or she is not previously disposed to commit.

Entrapment is a defense to criminal charges when it is established that the agent or official originated the idea of the crime and induced the accused to engage in it. If the crime was promoted by a private person who has no connection to the government, it is not entrapment. A person induced by a friend to sell drugs has no legal excuse when police are informed that the person has agreed to make the sale.
You see laying the bait as the entrapment part, when really the determination lies in whether there is coercion; as long as the police allow the suspect to make their own decision to commit an act, there is not entrapment.

With your logic, even speed traps would fall under entrapment. In this case, the guy was obviously searching for a girl (maybe he wanted someone underaged, maybe not) to hire for sex. The cops provided the opportunity and he bit; that is his fault, not theirs.

There are task forces designed for certain things, and I'm almost certain every police department has a cybercrime unit.
Good point. These cops really don't have "anything better to do" since this exact sort of thing is what they are assigned to do.

ImnoMensa

You are indeed wrong.

You see laying the bait as the entrapment part, when really the determination lies in whether there is coercion; as long as the police allow the suspect to make their own decision to commit an act, there is not entrapment.

With your logic, even speed traps would fall under entrapment. In this case, the guy was obviously searching for a girl (maybe he wanted someone underaged, maybe not) to hire for sex. The cops provided the opportunity and he bit; that is his fault, not theirs.

Good point. These cops really don't have "anything better to do" since this exact sort of thing is what they are assigned to do.

Your opinion is duly noted, is a good post and, makes your own point without calling names. Much more intelligent than another poster we have seen.