Sick! Montgomery County Fire fighter arrested

seeamovie

Police say Mothershead used his county e-mail address to begin contact with someone who had posted on Craigslist, unknowingly contacting two undercover officers.

The way I read this the police posted on Craigslist and this guy stupidly used a County Computer to answer. Now maybe my comprehension is bad also, but what are the cops doing posting on craigslist and if they posted, who is doing the soliciting.

I can see locking up people who post in chat rooms and go to where children are on computers and start up conversations for sex. But what are cops doing soliciting on Craigs List.?

This fireman was dumb no doubt of that. Sometimes women advertise for sex on Craigs List and the cops should probably look for that and make arrests, but IMo they have no business posing as 16 yo girls to entrap men, and if the police did the soliciting this man only answered their ad, I dont think they have a case.
Why would you not want the police to be investigating people who go online and try and meet underage girls. I think Maryland's law about kids being able to have sex with adults is wrong, but I think it is clearly wrong for a grown up to solicit sex from a minor.

Not a waste of my tax dollars at all.

eddy1

Why would you not want the police to be investigating people who go online and try and meet underage girls. I think Maryland's law about kids being able to have sex with adults is wrong, but I think it is clearly wrong for a grown up to solicit sex from a minor.

Not a waste of my tax dollars at all.

Just a guess here, but I think he might be afraid we will ruin his hobby.