Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
yep,
and that would be my idea of heaven.

Well, with the Irish economy shot to ####, now might be a time to take American dollars over there to retire. You could be part of the upper crust until the U.S. economy goes to ####, in about six months.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
RIP dear Teena, I danced to your music in the streets and in the clubs of New York City during my youth. When I joined the US Navy in 1980 you were still rocking my soul on the radio and cassettes in Beirut Lebanon, Southeast and Southwest Asia, Central America, and all over Europe. I have CD's I burned for my rides that her music is still on today! I loved her talent, her music, thanks for rockin my soul. Thanks for changing the world. :buddies:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
For the Teena Marie fans:

Michael Baisden will be talking with Alia Rose who is Teena Marie's daughter about the release of Teena Marie's album Beautiful which she was working on at the time of her death. The RADIO show runs from 3-7pm today.

Go to the "listen live" button on Michael Baisden's page:

Or go to the WHUR page.

Last edited:
54 is dying young.

I believe that once you've hit 70 you've hit a full life. If somebody dies at 70 or beyond, though you may be sad to see them go, you can get peace knowing they've lived a full life.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Am I the only person who didn't realize Teena Marie was such a huge star?

And a warm and giving person also. She raised several children that were not hers.

I have every album/cassette/CD she ever made except 1. I hope they re-release the one I am missing.

She started having seizures after a large refrigerator fell on her. A seizure is what killed her.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I loved Teena Marie all the way back in high school. I still play her CDs in the car and sing along. :singer: Well, try to anyway. :lol: