Snow driving in southern maryland?

SShewbert

What love is all about
Not really, us locals have always freaked out in smow............:howdy:

:buddies:
I wasn't driving at that time so I don't know how the locals do. I just know that my husband said the people around here cant drive in smow. I agree with the poster who said that they cant drive in rain either.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
12 pack? I thought you bought the 48 packs :lol:

I'm down to 2 rolls of Scott, time to replentish.

Do they MAKE a 48 pack?????? I believe I have 52 rolls at the house now because you just never know when the weather might take a turn for the worse.

vbailey

vbailey
WE mostly get ice sleety nasty rainy snowy stuff around here. Don't often see nice fluffy snow. Don't drive in it if you don't have too, it's not fun stuck in a ditch on a freezing nasty sleety rain stuff day. Also be ready to lose power. That icey stuff messes with the power lines too.

T

toppick08

WE mostly get ice sleety nasty rainy snowy stuff around here. Don't often see nice fluffy snow. Don't drive in it if you don't have too, it's not fun stuck in a ditch on a freezing nasty sleety rain stuff day. Also be ready to lose power. That icey stuff messes with the power lines too.

We also like to scald oysters on smow days.........Hear that Rosered?...:lmao:

thurley42

HY;FR
Hi Everyone!! I'm relocating to the area and another member suggested starting this thread. This will be the first time I've really been in snow much less driven in it. I know I probably should buy so snow tires. Any other advice?

We don't get snow....we may get an inch every three years, but the roads have been coated with so much salt, i'd worry about your car frame more than the snow....

It is shocking how chaotic it gets here, I was in Ohio for Christmas (my childhood home) we got 10 inches inside 24 hours and flights weren't delayed, schools went on as usual, and you didn't really see anyone in the ditches.....it was business as usual.

Solja_Boy

Hi Everyone!! I'm relocating to the area and another member suggested starting this thread. This will be the first time I've really been in snow much less driven in it. I know I probably should buy so snow tires. Any other advice?

It don't really snow down here. There isn't anything you will have to worry bout. If for some crazy reason we do get a little bit of snow I just stay inside the house were its safe.

Front wheel drive in smow, no problems...

Rear wheel drive in smow, put some weight in the trunk...

Either way, if you have good all-season tires you should be good-to-go - no need for smow tires IMO.

Touring tires in smow = crappy traction...

snowangel8119

fearless girlie girl

not to be a smartazz but people around here can't drive in the snow anyway. we dont really get much anymore.

depends on what kind of car you drive, i have a mustang and all i need to do is put weight in the back and im good.....but its got to be alot.