SO: How is Judge Moore doing?

PsyOps

Pixelated
That’s just a stupid strawman. The sexual harassment she was complaining about was part of the act. She knew it was in the script and she agreed to the rehearsal knowing that. THEN she still went on stage and did the same act.

If she has a claim it is what is in the photo. However, he said that was just an inappropriate joke.

You have me all wrong... Even though the forcible kissing Franken committed against Tweeden happened off-stage, I am agreeing with you. She should have kept her mouth shut because it was all part of the act, on and off stage. Her complaint is null and void. Getting groped while she's sleeping... same same. Franken was just acting, being funny, all part of the act. I get it.

I mean this is a bit of a new revelation for me, but given this standard, I am free to fondle, grope, forcibly kiss, etc... any woman that has a role that shows any form of sexual acting. I'm thanking you for revealing this new standard to us all.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ok, other than YOU, I haven’t seen anyone disparage Tweeden.:yay:

You're disparaging her in an off-handed way by saying she has no place to complain about any of Franken's sexual advances because it was all part of the act; even off stage. You're telling us that women in a certain capacity shouldn't complain when they are sexually violated; which does stand in contrast with what we have been told for a long time that we should take all complaints from women seriously.

BTW... have you let NOW and other feminists and feminists groups that you, a guy, have established this new standard?

Midnightrider

You're disparaging her in an off-handed way by saying she has no place to complain about any of Franken's sexual advances because it was all part of the act; even off stage. You're telling us that women in a certain capacity shouldn't complain when they are sexually violated; which does stand in contrast with what we have been told for a long time that we should take all complaints from women seriously.

BTW... have you let NOW and other feminists and feminists groups that you, a guy, have established this new standard?

That’s idiotic, I haven’t disparaged her and I haven’t said she has no place to complain about sexual advances Franken may have made. However, the on stage antics she agreed to and the rehearsal for those antics ain’t it.

You have me all wrong... Even though the forcible kissing Franken committed against Tweeden happened off-stage, I am agreeing with you. She should have kept her mouth shut because it was all part of the act, on and off stage. Her complaint is null and void. Getting groped while she's sleeping... same same. Franken was just acting, being funny, all part of the act. I get it.

I mean this is a bit of a new revelation for me, but given this standard, I am free to fondle, grope, forcibly kiss, etc... any woman that has a role that shows any form of sexual acting. I'm thanking you for revealing this new standard to us all.

Tweeden hasn’t even made that claim. It’s pretty clear from the photo Franken was acting like he was grabbing her, not making contact. Hence the joke. I’ve already said he was wrong to do it, but it was a joke.

PsyOps

Pixelated
That’s idiotic, I haven’t disparaged her and I haven’t said she has no place to complain about sexual advances Franken may have made. However, the on stage antics she agreed to and the rehearsal for those antics ain’t it.

So, you're saying that Franken groping her and forcibly kissing her, tongue and all, was all part of the act, and her complaint about it being completely inappropriate isn't a viable complaint. She should have known Franken was just rehearsing.

And you call my points idiotic. :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Tweeden hasn’t even made that claim. It’s pretty clear from the photo Franken was acting like he was grabbing her, not making contact. Hence the joke. I’ve already said he was wrong to do it, but it was a joke.

In order for a joke to be a joke, it has to be 1) funny and 2) acceptable. This was neither; especially in light of the fact that the photo was taken without her knowledge and she was offended by it. But, you go on and find some way to justify why women, in certain capacities, shouldn't complain about sexual misconduct and harassment.

officeguy

I am getting a new appreciation for creativity. In this case the creativity of democrats in coming up with reasons why Al Frankens boob and butt grabbing is different.

Midnightrider

So, you're saying that Franken groping her and forcibly kissing her, tongue and all, was all part of the act, and her complaint about it being completely inappropriate isn't a viable complaint. She should have known Franken was just rehearsing.

And you call my points idiotic. :lol:
It’s all right in her story. There was a script. He wanted to practice, they did after she consented. Then she went on stage and did the exact same act.
That’s just how it’s done.
In order for a joke to be a joke, it has to be 1) funny and 2) acceptable. This was neither; especially in light of the fact that the photo was taken without her knowledge and she was offended by it. But, you go on and find some way to justify why women, in certain capacities, shouldn't complain about sexual misconduct and harassment.
ive already stipulated that he was wrong to take the photo. :shrug:

But jokes don’t have to be funny or acceptable to be jokes. They have to be intended to be funny. That’s about it. Acceptable is in the eye of the beholder. Benny Hill made a career out of this kind of humor

PsyOps

Pixelated
It’s all right in her story. There was a script. He wanted to practice, they did after she consented. Then she went on stage and did the exact same act.
That’s just how it’s done.
ive already stipulated that he was wrong to take the photo. :shrug:

But jokes don’t have to be funny or acceptable to be jokes. They have to be intended to be funny. That’s about it. Acceptable is in the eye of the beholder. Benny Hill made a career out of this kind of humor

Well, you've made it abundantly clear that Tweeden's complaint is bogus and shouldn't be taken seriously; contrary to everything we've been told. You've given us men the green light. Thank you. :yay:

BTW... have you contacted Tweeden to tell her that her complaint has no merit?

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Well, you've made it abundantly clear that Tweeden's complaint is bogus and shouldn't be taken seriously; contrary to everything we've been told. You've given us men the green light. Thank you. :yay:

BTW... have you contacted Tweeden to tell her that her complaint has no merit?

You can’t complain about something in which you were a willing participant. Her complaints about anything related to the on stage performance are BS. It’s called acting. You can forward my post to her if you want. :yay: