So I’m wondering, is it time?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My wife absolutely hates February the 9th. That's the day our house burnt down to the ground. A few years later, she had to have our beloved doggie, and her constant companion, put down on Feb 9th. And yesterday...February 9th, SGI and wife had to let their doggie go. Callie came to work with SGI every day back when she still could, and was a regular fixture in the office, always sleep-blocking a particular doorway to make sure she could track everyone's coming and going....she was part of the extended "family".

Did I mention how much I dislike February 9th?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I’m so sorry. :huggy:
I found a place on line called Lap of Love. They will come to you to euthanize your pet. I did this with my last Rott I had. He got to be home in his environment with me and the kids with him as he went to sleep. That’s what I want for my little guy now. They will be coming out on the 15th. I hope it’s a nice day so I can sit with him on the deck where he loves to lay and watch life go by on the canal. I’ve been blubbering most of the day thinking about it, but know it’s for the best. I’ll pamper and love on him for the remaining few days.
:huggy:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I found a place on line called Lap of Love. They will come to you to euthanize your pet. I did this with my last Rott I had. He got to be home in his environment with me and the kids with him as he went to sleep. That’s what I want for my little guy now. They will be coming out on the 15th. I hope it’s a nice day so I can sit with him on the deck where he loves to lay and watch life go by on the canal. I’ve been blubbering most of the day thinking about it, but know it’s for the best. I’ll pamper and love on him for the remaining few days.
:huggy: It is so hard to lose our fur children. Another :huggy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The three pupiteers in our office (a daily occurrence). SGI's is the golden on far right..,and the last one to cross the rainbow bridge.

I always jokingly referred to our rescue, Odie, as our "Mr. Potato Head dog" because it looks like someone was drunk when they were putting dog parts together to make him. Smartest, most loyal and "human acting" dog I've ever had..or seen.

doggies 2.jpg

Loper

Animal Poor!
I completely understand what you are feeling. My wife and I made the decision yesterday and today at 4:13pm, we sent our 15-1/2 yr old Golden Retriever across the Rainbow Bridge. We felt terrible at the Vet's office. My wife cried that we tricked our girl into going to the Vet, because she didn't know she wasn't coming home with us. It's really hitting now that we are home. I kept looking at the floor next to the table while we were eating. The same spot were just this afternoon she was laying and I was giving her bits of my PB&J sandwich.

As DaSDGuy said, it's a gut punch. It hurts, but deep down we know we made the right decision. You will make the right decision too. :huggy:
I am so sorry to both of you. It's one of the hardest choices to make and I've done it too many times to count. yet, in the end it's all about them, you can't be selfish and keep them around for your own sake. :huggy: if you guys want to send me a picture of them, I'll make an ornament for you both.

PJay

Been through it many times. It is never easy. My first pet was a calico kitten I found in a tree in my yard in NOLA when I was 10. She lived 21 years and died 4 months before my first born. I have always had rescues, and had to put them down. Just remember we gave them the best life possible.The rainbow bridge is real. We will see our beloved pets again. I know your pain. Take care.
Rips your heart out of the frame.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Today I said goodbye to my little buddy, Jaeger. Man, I’m an ugly crier.
As emotional as it was, I was so happy I contacted Lap of Love. Dr Alina was fantastic and so caring. So glad he got to go peacefully here at home with me and his sister Autumn by his side.