So NOW Dr. Ford won't testify UNLESS the FBI investigates...

This_person

The FBI or MSP have plenty of time to interview the 6-8 people they would need to.

What 6-8 people?

She named two people there - the judge, and another guy. The other guy has said publicly it never happened, and so did the judge.

:shrug:

You can't ask the people who hosted the party, because she's not sure where it happened. You can't look up things based on the date, because she's not sure when it happened.

Other than the only two people who she has named, who else do you ask?

I agree with you she should be brought to justice for her false (clearly) accusations of sexual misconduct by a teenage drunken boy against a teenage drunken girl 4 decades ago - as if that would even matter today. But, as others have explained in detail, that ain't never gonna happen. She'd have to be charged, and that is not going to happen because the judge is a public figure and the slander/libel laws against him are different from the rest of us. She'd have to be shunned by society, and that ain't gonna happen 'cuz she hurt a guy and in doing so that hurt Trump. People would literally rather have North Korea nuke us to make Trump look bad than accept he accomplished something in reducing the threat there. That's the level of ignorance on their side.

The only valid question now is whether or not he lied to previous committees or on previous investigations. There is no objective way to demonstrate that he did, so that's kind of a stupid thing to even suggest.

So, that leaves us with the political; this woman needs her 15 minutes at the green table to tell her story, so we can move on with the vote that is undoubtedly going to be that he is confirmed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
i have only read or heard the one account which has remained fairly consistent.i already linked to the version I have heard. where are you getting your news?

I am getting reports from a number of sources - NYT, WashPo, WashTimes, Fox, CNN, various news org Twitter feed, and a few others.

You linked to the version you heard, where? I'm sure you did, but it would be easier for you to just tell me rather than me search back through all these threads.

stgislander

PREMO Member
“She’s not prepared to talk with them at a hearing on Monday,” said Lisa J. Banks, one of Ford's lawyers. “No legitimate investigation is going to happen between now and Monday.”

That's funny since Ms. Banks said earlier in the week that her client was ready to testify before the committee. I guess Grassley called their bluff when he only postponed the vote until after her hearing this coming Monday.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm curious precisely what she expects the FBI to "investigate". She doesn't know when it happened, she doesn't know where it was, the people supposedly involved have said it didn't happen at all. What's to investigate?

My guess is the Democrats are rounding up some FBI agents and a few of Gloria Alred's former clients to slide a few bucks to and get someone to say they witnessed it, and oh yeah! Suddenly Ms. Ford will remember that they were there, too!

stgislander

PREMO Member
I wonder how long it will be before the left comes up with a "witness" at the party that can confirm Dr. Ford's allegations?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My guess is the Democrats are rounding up some FBI agents and a few of Gloria Alred's former clients to slide a few bucks to and get someone to say they witnessed it, and oh yeah! Suddenly Ms. Ford will remember that they were there, too!

im shocked that ####bag isn’t involved already.

Midnightrider

I am getting reports from a number of sources - NYT, WashPo, WashTimes, Fox, CNN, various news org Twitter feed, and a few others.

You linked to the version you heard, where? I'm sure you did, but it would be easier for you to just tell me rather than me search back through all these threads.

I linked to a cnn article which referenced the letter.

So far you haven’t provided references, just stories. That why I keep asking where you are getting your stories.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I linked to a cnn article which referenced the letter.

So far you haven’t provided references, just stories. That why I keep asking where you are getting your stories.

So, in other words, you don't know what she says happened; you read it somewhere and have forgotten already? Why is it so hard for you to recap?

My final answer on this is:

If you think vague accusations are enough to destroy a man's life, and that the accuser shouldn't have to testify or answer any questions, you are an evil person and I hope something really bad happens to you. Because that's what we're talking about: a last minute vague accusation that the accuser either can't or doesn't want to back up. And that's not how our system works in this country.

Midnightrider

So, in other words, you don't know what she says happened; you read it somewhere and have forgotten already? Why is it so hard for you to recap?

My final answer on this is:

If you think vague accusations are enough to destroy a man's life, and that the accuser shouldn't have to testify or answer any questions, you are an evil person and I hope something really bad happens to you. Because that's what we're talking about: a last minute vague accusation that the accuser either can't or doesn't want to back up. And that's not how our system works in this country.
No, in other words I have been hearing the same story reported from the beginning. You on the other hand have a bunch of stories but haven’t found a single reference.

I didn’t get anything from social media sweets. It was all reported by the msm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/14/politics/kavanaugh-letter-assault-supreme-court/index.html

Like I said, she or ‘they’ deserve to be prosecuted for false allegations.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, in other words I have been hearing the same story reported from the beginning. You on the other hand have a bunch of stories but haven’t found a single reference.

Now was that so hard? CNN either misreported that or she has changed her story , because now it is widely reported, and I know you have to have heard or read this, that Kavanaugh was interrupted when another male came and jumped on them sending them tumbling to the floor and she was able to make her escape.

Midnightrider

Now was that so hard? CNN either misreported that or she has changed her story , because now it is widely reported, and I know you have to have heard or read this, that Kavanaugh was interrupted when another male came and jumped on them sending them tumbling to the floor and she was able to make her escape.
That’s funny. You have yet another unsupported story but you think the one that has remained consistent is ‘misreported’?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That’s funny. You have yet another unsupported story but you think the one that has remained consistent is ‘misreported’?

Here's one:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...anaugh-vote-delay-after-accuser-comes-forward

She said Kavanaugh’s friend, Mark Judge, jumped on top of them, sending them tumbling, and she was able to escape, the newspaper reported.

Here's another one:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...we-know-brett-kavanaugh-classmate/1344707002/

She told The Washington Post that the alleged assault ended when Judge jumped on top of her and Kavanaugh, knocking them off the bed and allowing her to flee to the bathroom.

Need more?

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm interested to see what Jeff Flake does if Dr. Ford refuses to testify. His hate for Trump is big he could likely be expected to either vote no or abstain from voting to confirm. The would cause a tie.

I found this also interesting.

IV. BRINGING A MATTER TO A VOTE

The Chairman shall entertain a non-debatable motion to bring a matter before the Committee to a vote. If there is objection to bring the matter to a vote without further debate, a roll call vote of the Committee shall be taken, and debate shall be terminated if the motion to bring the matter to a vote without further debate passes with eleven votes in the affirmative, one of which must be cast by the minority.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But it's entirely OK when Ellison beats his wife and Booker recounts his teen years thusly:

As we fumbled upon the bed, I remember debating my next "move" as if it were a chess game. With the "Top Gun" slogan ringing in my head, I slowly reached for her breast. After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my "mark."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36121/bookers-opposition-kavanaugh-called-out-over-his-ryan-saavedra?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

SamSpade

How can they investigate? Remember this point in Harry Potter, when he tells them they need to look for something - but he doesn't know what it is or where it is.

[video]https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ec360bb5-7186-46c7-925d-8fe508bd54e3[/video]

Last edited: