So tell me about your air fryer

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
If it can crisp those soggy ass caulitots, I have to believe it would make a pizza just like brick oven.

Well, you guys talked me into the Instant Pot (wife bought one Friday).
So now we are going to have to purchase an air fryer.

NextJen

Raisin cane
This is the one I ended up getting, btw. $129 at Walmart.

Thanks, Merlin!

I was watching the long infomercial for this earlier. I have been thinking about it for some time. The special they were running during the infomercial was all of the accessories, plus, you would get a free power pressure cooker ($100 value, just pay separate processing and shipping). I almost broke down and ordered it. I'm just not sure how much I would use it now - not doing as much cooking as I used to.

Bonehead

Now they have designed a pressure cooker with an air fryer function. That sounds useful but like most stuff that does a dozen things most of it is done half azzed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Lovely crispy brussel sprouts - I could never get them right in the oven.

Toss small sprouts with a dab of oil and liberal salt.
Airfry 5 mins at 400*; toss, then give them another 5 mins.
Throw them in a bowl and toss them with a bit of balsamic vinegar, then hit them with chopped cooked bacon.

OMG!!! They are s o delicious!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Throw them in a bowl and toss them with a bit of balsamic vinegar, then hit them with chopped cooked bacon.

I don't think I've eaten a portion of vegetables so fast in my life.

I cook most veggies in the air fryer now. I'm about to experiment... I am going to spiral some zucchini at then spray it with EVOO and hit it with seasoning the air fry it. It will be served with boneless chicken baked with Italian seasoned tomatoes and sauce.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I cook most veggies in the air fryer now. I'm about to experiment... I am going to spiral some zucchini at then spray it with EVOO and hit it with seasoning the air fry it. It will be served with boneless chicken baked with Italian seasoned tomatoes and sauce.

Come back and report how that turned out. I'm a fan of zoodles but don't like them mushy. Normally what I do is grill a steak and throw it on a bed of zoodles. While the steak is resting, it gives the zoodles a little heat so they're warm but still a little crunchy.