Something wicked this way comes... (Joaquin)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Could you imagine if we now had a hurricane passing through today and tomorrow??? :doh:

It would have been a nightmare.

I guess...but we've already sustained more shoreline damage than during Isabel and Ernesto combined. And it's not even over!...almost 5 days of hell and at least one more to go. I'm almost used to the howling of the wind and crashing of trees.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Could you imagine if we now had a hurricane passing through today and tomorrow??? :doh:

It would have been a nightmare.

Southern MD was so lucky, even though I know some on the water are suffering from the storm(s). Just got back from daughter's house in Olney. It was breezy but no big deal. I couldn't believe how windy it still is at our house. Literally a carpet of leaf/limb debris everywhere.

I guess...but we've already sustained more shoreline damage than during Isabel and Ernesto combined. And it's not even over!...almost 5 days of hell and at least one more to go. I'm almost used to the howling of the wind and crashing of trees.

Sorry, Gill. :frown: But, what I have read about you over the years here, you are like the MacGyver of the forum. I am sure you can fix it all. I would love to live on an island like St. Georges, but I guess there is a price to pay for living in paradise. Good luck.

Haven't heard from folks on St. Georges / Piney Point this morning. How are you guys doing? Need any assistance?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Haven't heard from folks on St. Georges / Piney Point this morning. How are you guys doing? Need any assistance?

Still flooded..same as yesterday and day before. We're under a "no use" order for our water.

Some people know how to drive in the flood waters and ...some are complete morons. You can tell who is "new" to the island just by how they operate their vehicle in deep salt water.

Had to make a deep-water run in my service truck yesterday to get a lady out to Ball Point so she could join the rest of her family that was gathering because of the loss of a family member that morning. Her car was flooded out about halfway down the island...a few hundred yards from our place.

Last edited:
Still flooded..same as yesterday and day before. We're under a "no use" order for our water.

Some people know how to drive in the flood waters and ...some are complete morons. You can tell who is "new" to the island just by how they operate their vehicle in deep salt water.

Had to make a deep-water run in my service truck yesterday to get a lady out to Ball Point so she could join the rest of her family that was gathering because of the loss of a family member that morning. Her car was flooded out about halfway down the island...a few hundred yards from our place.

Sounds like you've got things under control, albeit a royal PITA.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sounds like you've got things under control, albeit a royal PITA.

Worst shoreline erosion and damage I've seen in the 25 years I've been on the island and that's quite a few hurricanes/TS along the way. My shoreline is a wreck.

bilbur

Worst shoreline erosion and damage I've seen in the 25 years I've been on the island and that's quite a few hurricanes/TS along the way. My shoreline is a wreck.

I guess most hurricane events will blow through in a day but this surge has been going on for almost a week so I can see how it can take its toll. Good luck, it should be over soon.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I guess most hurricane events will blow through in a day but this surge has been going on for almost a week so I can see how it can take its toll. Good luck, it should be over soon.

Our location is really bad for winds coming from the northeast. So the surge hitting our shore had 3-4' whitecapping waves riding on top. For almost 4 solid days.

I'm getting ready to go exploring the shoreline with camera in hand. The water has finally receded, for the first time in days, to what would normally be a very high tide level...yet we're just a half hour away from low tide.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Looks like we're going to get one more night of high water and flooding on RT242.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I heard last night the sides of our island in 7D, St. Catherine's, that face north and northeast have sustained some really bad shoreline erosion. I hope the cove was not breached...