Southern Maryland closed restaurants

glhs837

Power with Control
Well I still am a drinker, maybe 4-6 beers a week :) but think I actually used a drive through maybe three times in the 26 years I've been here. I'm very much a browser, never know what I'm getting til I see what they have. I know ABCs is still active from going to Nicollettis or the Beanery. Havne't used International to buy beer since I moved away from Chancellors but maybe twice in seven years

Grumpy

Last time I went thru a drive-thru I bought a 6-pack of Schlitz and a pack of Marlboro for $1.98..So I guess it was a while ago..

frequentflier

happy to be living
I remember cigs being in machines and restaurants had matchbooks sitting on their counter for customers to take. My Dad used to collect matchbooks. He probably has hundreds of them.
When I quit smoking, cigarettes were $1 a pack in machines. Like your Dad, I still have hundreds of matchbooks from my travels.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Do you have any more info about this? :(
A FB friend announced it and said the people that own the property were closing it down. My guess it that it has been leased but I don't know that for sure. The few times I have eaten there, the food and service were good. And the view!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A FB friend announced it and said the people that own the property were closing it down. My guess it that it has been leased but I don't know that for sure. The few times I have eaten there, the food and service were good. And the view!

Friend of mine just posted on his FB wall that Anglers will "try" to remain open until December.

frequentflier

happy to be living
If I may ...

Doesn't matter. It will fail. Just like the rest. Restaurants/eateries do not fair well as part of a strip mall. Stand alone, a better chance.
When Jake and Als first opened, they had the BEST steak ever. For awhile, they were a destination restaurant. After it started going down hill, they relied heavily on the Ranch Club and probably Drum point for customers and I think their bar business did better than the food end.