Southern Maryland closed restaurants

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Friday nights are pretty tough and now the new pool hall is open (Action Billiards) and they also have a pub type menu.
Now there's a Pool Hall next to Salsas?

I gotta get my glasses redone.

Clem72

Salsa's in Leonardtown would be an exception.

As would Asahi, Okada, Outback, Thai Inter, Tearific, Monterey's & Bollywood (both did so well they had to leave to get bigger spaces), Linda's, Mission BBQ, Popeye's LP, B-Dubs, CD Cafe, every Subway and China Cafe/ Hong Kong Cafe in the county, the Happy Dragon, Jerry's Subs, Golden Chicken, a dozen pizza parlors, the list goes on and on.

Hell, now that I think about it most of the places that seem to be death knells for restaurants are outside of strip malls (Pax Alehouse and Bottom of the Hill Grill locations come to mind).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
As would Asahi, Okada, Outback, Thai Inter, Tearific, Monterey's & Bollywood (both did so well they had to leave to get bigger spaces), Linda's, Mission BBQ, Popeye's LP, B-Dubs, CD Cafe, every Subway and China Cafe/ Hong Kong Cafe in the county, the Happy Dragon, Jerry's Subs, Golden Chicken, a dozen pizza parlors, the list goes on and on.

Hell, now that I think about it most of the places that seem to be death knells for restaurants are outside of strip malls (Pax Alehouse and Bottom of the Hill Grill locations come to mind).

I dont' think the "location" is the issue killing Bottom of the Hill.

Clem72

I dont' think the "location" is the issue killing Bottom of the Hill.

All I know is that several restaurants have come and gone in that location. If it's the rent, well that will soon be solved with all of the new commercial property opening up just south of that intersection.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I haven't been there in a long time. When I did go, I always felt pressured to eat and git out the door. Rushed. Didn't like that.
Maybe they operate on the same "turnover" principle as the Olympia Cafe. :sshrug: