St. Mary's college of maryland closed off

Chris0nllyn

I am not sure why the Sheriff's Office would tie up several police units on "assumptions" that something would happen.

There's plenty of them at the Tiki Bar every year based on the idea something might happen.

I think that may even be the main reason they are there.............and anywhere else.

Midnightrider

You're still wrong...

home
hōm/
noun
the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.
"I was nineteen when I left home and went to college"
synonyms: residence, place of residence, house, apartment, flat, bungalow, cottage; More
an institution for people needing professional care or supervision.
"an old people's home"
synonyms: institution, nursing home, retirement home, rest home; More
adjective

if you are trying to argue that a college students' apartment, townhome, or house is not his home you are stupider than you seem

Restitution

if you are trying to argue that a college students' apartment, townhome, or house is not his home you are stupider than you seem

Next time you decide to have your 2 friends over for some light wine tasting and laughs, try calling the sheriff's office and see if they will block off the road and not let anyone in. It's your HOME after all!

glhs837

Power with Control

Are you making the case that the public spaces around the college are their homes? As opposed to the rooms/dorms they live in.

glhs837

Power with Control
have you guys just never gone to college?

yes, the campus is their home.

Hmmm, see, I never have attended college, but I have lived on military bases, and barracks. My room was my home, the base was NOT my home, it's the "town" my house is situated.

Midnightrider

Hmmm, see, I never have attended college, but I have lived on military bases, and barracks. My room was my home, the base was NOT my home, it's the "town" my house is situated.

that explains a lot :yay:

is your yard your home? How about your detached garage or shed? I know mine are

glhs837

Power with Control
that explains a lot :yay:

is your yard your home? How about your detached garage or shed? I know mine are

You mean the things I bought and paid for, why yes they are. Is the sidewalk in front of my house my home? How about the park down the street? SO, is the dorm home? Yep. Heck, even common spaces that are part of the dorm. So, where do you draw that line? Where on here is home for the students?........

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.1892779,-76.4248406,894m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Midnightrider

You mean the things I bought and paid for, why yes they are. Is the sidewalk in front of my house my home? How about the park down the street? SO, is the dorm home? Yep. Heck, even common spaces that are part of the dorm. So, where do you draw that line? Where on here is home for the students?........

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.1892779,-76.4248406,894m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
the entire campus is home for the students. Just like your entire property is your home.

glhs837

Power with Control
the entire campus is home for the students. Just like your entire property is your home.

Except that the campus is NOT their property, anymore than the entire property of an apartment complex I rent an apartment in is my home. My property that my home sits on, I bought and paid for that. When I lived in Columbia Commons, the tiny yard that was in front of my unit was "my" property. They live in dorms on the campus.

Midnightrider

Except that the campus is NOT their property, anymore than the entire property of an apartment complex I rent an apartment in is my home. My property that my home sits on, I bought and paid for that. When I lived in Columbia Commons, the tiny yard that was in front of my unit was "my" property. They live in dorms on the campus.

except they don't just live in their dorm or their townhome. they also live in the gym and in the science building and in the library and in the cafeteria. the campus is their home.

glhs837

Power with Control
except they don't just live in their dorm or their townhome. they also live in the gym and in the science building and in the library and in the cafeteria. the campus is their home.

Yeah, I go to a library too, and attend classes (or did a while back) but those things didn't make those places part of my home. They visit those places, they don't live there.

Midnightrider

Yeah, I go to a library too, and attend classes (or did a while back) but those things didn't make those places part of my home. They visit those places, they don't live there.

you might want to defer to people who actually went to college about that.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

The students don't OWN any part or parcel of that campus.. NONE.. they don't pay property taxes on it, they didn't pay for it. They rent it for the time they are a student, and then they only rent parts of the campus, not the entire campus.. Their dorms.. the Athletic and Acquatic center.. the Library..

The campus is NOT their home. They go HOME on holidays.. and for Christmas..

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I went to college, in residence...it was not my home.
The dorm room was my temporary residence while I was on campus to attend classes.

No different than when I rent a hotel room while on the road.

My parents' house was my home, just as the house my wife and I share (with the attendant property) is now my home.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

The students don't OWN any part or parcel of that campus.. NONE.. they don't pay property taxes on it, they didn't pay for it. They rent it for the time they are a student, and then they only rent parts of the campus, not the entire campus.. Their dorms.. the Athletic and Acquatic center.. the Library..

The campus is NOT their home. They go HOME on holidays.. and for Christmas..

i think we can agree that the town house greens is part of what they pay to use. It's their back yard. Plus you don't have to own property for it to be your home. I have made a home is several rentals over the years

glhs837

Power with Control
i think we can agree that the town house greens is part of what they pay to use. It's their back yard. Plus you don't have to own property for it to be your home. I have made a home is several rentals over the years

If it was just the greens, why seal off the whole campus? Seems a lot of effort. Just two roads would seal that off, if it's where I think it is.

Midnightrider

If it was just the greens, why seal off the whole campus? Seems a lot of effort. Just two roads would seal that off, if it's where I think it is.

Maybe because the waterfront and other parts of the campus are open to the students, you know because they live there.