St. Mary's college of maryland closed off

black dog

Free America
the entire campus is home for the students. Just like your entire property is your home.

When students get a ticket for poor driving skills or arrested, does the LEO use the address to send the bill or court paperwork on the child's school id card or the child's state drivers license?

Answer....... Drivers license that's home, mommy and daddy's house.
Same place that your bills get mailed to.
Even the college mails your grades and schools bills to your address on your license,
Home is not a dorm room at school.
It could be a off campus apt.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When students get a ticket for poor driving skills or arrested, does the LEO use the address to send the bill or court paperwork on the child's school id card or the child's state drivers license?

Answer....... Drivers license that's home, mommy and daddy's house.
Same place that your bills get mailed to.
Even the college mails your grades and schools bills to your address on your license,
Home is not a dorm room at school.
It could be a off campus apt.

MR wouldn't understand, having never attended an institution of higher learning himself.

Midnightrider

MR wouldn't understand, having never attended an institution of higher learning himself.

Good work, you got being wrong out of the way early today :yay:

BTW, I had mail delivered to me at college, just like my roommate and every other student who lived there.

black dog

Free America
Good work, you got being wrong out of the way early today :yay:

BTW, I had mail delivered to me at college, just like my roommate and every other student who lived there.

View attachment 117539

How did you get your tuition bill, car insurance, credit card bills ... ECT.. when the dorms are closed for school breaks and the summer?
Oh that's right, they mailed it to your parents at Home.

Midnightrider

View attachment 117539

How did you get your tuition bill, car insurance, credit card bills ... ECT.. when the dorms are closed for school breaks and the summer?
Oh that's right, they mailed it to your parents at Home.

I stayed year round the last two years of undergrad and only went to my parents house a couple of days a year. My mail came to my PO box at the college.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
i think we can agree that the town house greens is part of what they pay to use. It's their back yard. Plus you don't have to own property for it to be your home. I have made a home is several rentals over the years

WHo maintains the Greens?? I believe the owner of the property does..

Silly argument.. You claim two different distinct arguments.. Where I lay my hat is my home.. and my dorm room is my legal home..

That you even chose to make this argument is inane.

College can be home in an emotional sense.. 30 years after you graduate you may want to come back for alumni day for "homecoming".. but a college campus is normally not a legal residence, or a legal home.. There are times when it is.. living in the married dorms/apartments for example, but generally speaking no.

You assume so many people here haven't attended college.. yet most of us have. Some much more than others, and I can say I never considered any part of the college campus my home.. just as I never assumed the office I sat in as mine.. or the Student Union I presided over my business.. or the building the Union was in was MY or even OUR building.

Students generally (not always the case) don't change the address on their drivers license, no do they generally re-register their cars if they are out of state students.. and generally aren't allowed to change residency based on where you are going to college.

Silly thing to argue.. especially when you're wrong.

Midnightrider

WHo maintains the Greens?? I believe the owner of the property does..

Silly argument.. You claim two different distinct arguments.. Where I lay my hat is my home.. and my dorm room is my legal home..

That you even chose to make this argument is inane.

College can be home in an emotional sense.. 30 years after you graduate you may want to come back for alumni day for "homecoming".. but a college campus is normally not a legal residence, or a legal home.. There are times when it is.. living in the married dorms/apartments for example, but generally speaking no.

You assume so many people here haven't attended college.. yet most of us have. Some much more than others, and I can say I never considered any part of the college campus my home.. just as I never assumed the office I sat in as mine.. or the Student Union I presided over my business.. or the building the Union was in was MY or even OUR building.

Students generally (not always the case) don't change the address on their drivers license, no do they generally re-register their cars if they are out of state students.. and generally aren't allowed to change residency based on where you are going to college.

Silly thing to argue.. especially when you're wrong.
almost as silly as trying to argue that the place you live for 4 years isn't your home. Particularly after you said that portions of the campus are your home in your previous post.

As I said before, you don't have to own a property for it to be your home. in the sense that it is where you live and where you make your home, your campus is obviously your home in college. In the sense that the college should be allowed to close off its internal roadways for a special event for the RESIDENTS, it is their home.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

There is a difference between a; home, residence, domicile, abode, dwelling, living quarters, dormitory. Which fits here more appropriately?

I would say that a home, an abode, your domicile, your primary dwelling is a permanent place of residence. That's leaves living quarters, aka, a dormitory. A home away from home? Yes. But not a "home".

BernieP

Resident PIA
you might want to defer to people who actually went to college about that.

we may have sarcastically said we "lived"in the library because of the time spent there.
But the library, like the gym, classrooms et al are public places. Nobody "lives" there.
The only private place we had was our dorm room, assuming you didn't share that room (then it wasn't so private).

While you may have had mail sent to the school, it was never considered your primary or permanent residence.
If you filed taxes, the odds are you filed in the state where your drivers license was issued.