St Marys Today Abolishment Petition

LordStanley

I know nothing
Let's suppose the drunk option is out. So you'd just rather go with the being stupid option? Isn't operating a boat such as that an not knowing how to read a GPS or map that shows the shallows or following the buoys just something someone stupid might do, especially if he were drunk?

Considering I know the Driver and throttle man (owner) of the boat, I know the facts of the accident. But go ahead and speculate along with St Marys today....

Here are the Facts...

They werent at tiki or anywhere on Solomons. I can prove that, since I was at tiki with my boat.
Witnesses and friends who were at Solomons pier sitting outside and at the boat ramps watched them Come down the river, under the bridge, make a turn and head back up the river.

And once again, its been proven not only by the coast guard, but DNR that there is no evedence on land or on the boat, that the driver went on the wrong side of the marker, that he has been past countless times and ran aground.

care to keep speculating?????

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
after reading the story about the boating accident I don't see the problem. They drew no conclusion, they laid out what presumablely are the two options; stupidity or being drunk.

Let's suppose the drunk option is out. So you'd just rather go with the being stupid option? Isn't operating a boat such as that an not knowing how to read a GPS or map that shows the shallows or following the buoys just something someone stupid might do, especially if he were drunk?
Ok here we have two St. Marys Today reporter candidates. Why do I say this? Because they both typed and posted something they know nothing about.

Pat knows that river like the back of his hand, but you didn't know this.
Pat has been around that point a thousand times, but you didn't know this.
Pat knows how to read a GPS, but you didn't know this.
Pat knows how to read charts, but you didn't know this.
Pat could drive a boat like no one else out there, but you didn't know this.
Pat is not stupid, but you didn't know this.
There are more than two options, but you didn't know this.

Last edited:

jayboy

Pfft you don't impress me

Or lets just say, it was an accident. You know accidents can happen to the best of us. Jesus, everytime something happens in this area, there are people that are so hell bent on jumping to the sound horn and speculate what happened.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Good Lord. :rolleyes: A man is missing, presumed dead. Can't people have a little respect.

And, on another note, it appears that some forum members can't refrain from acting like jackasses in signing a petition is intended for a good cause. Real class acts.

danceintherain

I really dont see anything wrong with St. Marys Today. Its is journalism and everyone has a right to free speech. There are other local info. sources out there. If you dont like it dont read it. I do check their web site once or twice a week to see whats going on. I take it with a grain of salt as I do with all the other local info/news sources. I know that everyone has a different point of view. I have noticed that St. Marys today does site their sources as they did with the initial report on the boating accident. They sited the Coast Guards Initial Statement to the public. And I've noticed that they will sometimes give a headline along with a statement thats says more infomation to follow or more information as it becomes available. They normally have a warning if there are any graphic pictures that are posted and you have to directly click the link. Local Highschools are showing graphic videos and pictures of vehicle accidents in an effort to prevent such accidents from happening. Every week there is a new accident posted due to DUI/DWI/speed/driver error. I think they are trying to get a messge across.

oldman

Lobster Land
Considering I know the Driver and throttle man (owner) of the boat, I know the facts of the accident. But go ahead and speculate along with St Marys today....

Here are the Facts...

They werent at tiki or anywhere on Solomons. I can prove that, since I was at tiki with my boat.
Witnesses and friends who were at Solomons pier sitting outside and at the boat ramps watched them Come down the river, under the bridge, make a turn and head back up the river.

And once again, its been proven not only by the coast guard, but DNR that there is no evedence on land or on the boat, that the driver went on the wrong side of the marker, that he has been past countless times and ran aground.

care to keep speculating?????

OK, sorry for specutaling based on non-facts. Fact, he was not coming from the Tiki. Can you prove he didn't have any drinks onboard? I'm really not trying to be negative here but for an very experienced boat driver I just have a very difficult time accepting he didn't screw up for no reason. I'm sorry for thinking this way and wish it didn't happen at all but being an experienced boater for many years I just can't accept a wave causing this other than total operator error.

jayboy

I really dont see anything wrong with St. Marys Today. Its is journalism and everyone has a right to free speech. There are other local info. sources out there. If you dont like it dont read it. I do check their web site once or twice a week to see whats going on. I take it with a grain of salt as I do with all the other local info/news sources. I know that everyone has a different point of view. I have noticed that St. Marys today does site their sources as they did with the initial report on the boating accident. They sited the Coast Guards Initial Statement to the public. And I've noticed that they will sometimes give a headline along with a statement thats says more infomation to follow or more information as it becomes available. They normally have a warning if there are any graphic pictures that are posted and you have to directly click the link. Local Highschools are showing graphic videos and pictures of vehicle accidents in an effort to prevent such accidents from happening. Every week there is a new accident posted due to DUI/DWI/speed/driver error. I think they are trying to get a messge across.

I get the free speech, what I have a problem with is the printing of lies, false statements or speculation that is designed to hurt people. IF you can't get the information right, then don't print it.

oldman

Lobster Land
Ok here we have two St. Marys Today reporter candidates. Why do I say this? Because they both typed and posted something they know nothing about.

So does it feel good to be fools gentlemen?

I've been a fool many times in my life, that's just a part of living. So if there are other options why don't you enlighten us fools or is it a secret?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
OK, sorry for specutaling based on non-facts. Fact, he was not coming from the Tiki. Can you prove he didn't have any drinks onboard? I'm really not trying to be negative here but for an very experienced boat driver I just have a very difficult time accepting he didn't screw up for no reason. I'm sorry for thinking this way and wish it didn't happen at all but being an experienced boater for many years I just can't accept a wave causing this other than total operator error.

Pt. Patience has boats constantly passing from opposite directions. This causes a cross wake. Sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't. If you strike this wake at a certain angle, you go air born and the boat rolls. I've done it many times. I've been lucky.

danceintherain

I get the free speech, what I have a problem with is the printing of lies, false statements or speculation that is designed to hurt people. IF you can't get the information right, then don't print it.

I guess I'm missing something. What is it that you are angry about? What was printed that are lies, false statements?

When that Bank Robbery took place, everyone was on-line trying to find out what was going on. The baynet was the first place that i saw that actually had info printed and alot of the initial information they posted on their web site was false. St. Mary's Today had one statement that said something about a bank robbery and would report more news as it was made available.

jayboy

Good Lord. :rolleyes: A man is missing, presumed dead. Can't people have a little respect.

And, on another note, it appears that some forum members can't refrain from acting like jackasses in signing a petition is intended for a good cause. Real class acts.

I noticed that too. Poor taste in most those comments.

jayboy

Well I have a problem with "The operator of this vessel could be charged with manslaughter and if intoxicated, manslaughter while intoxicated. It is not known at this time if alcohol played a role in this crash or if it was just stupidity."

Until it is proven what happened they need to keep shiattu comments like this out of the paper, where family members have to read this.

jayboy

I guess I'm missing something. What is it that you are angry about? What was printed that are lies, false statements?

When that Bank Robbery took place, everyone was on-line trying to find out what was going on. The baynet was the first place that i saw that actually had info printed and alot of the initial information they posted on their web site was false. St. Mary's Today had one statement that said something about a bank robbery and would report more news as it was made available.

I am not talking about the bank robbery. Read my other post.

Thanks Mike, my blood pressure came down after I read this. :buddies:

Pat has been around boats his whole life, and was raised racing them in Wisconsin...

The bottom line is a man is dead in this accident. The difference is many of us know him personally - it is not like he just got behind the wheel of a 1000+HP race boat and nailed the throttles blindly.

:high5:

You might be an experienced boater, as I, but maybe not with these big HP go-fast boats... STFU and quit speculating and read the other threads on what happened. Again, many of us regulars KNOW Pat personally and KNOW what his capabilities were, that is the difference this time - it was a freak accident to someone I would consider a semi-pro boat racer. The only reason why I would not say Pro is he had a full-time gig and this was his hobby, but he loved and lived for his hobby.

If you would like to articulate your thoughts further, I challenge you to go down and talk to his family and friends at the foot of the Solomons bridge, I am sure they would love to hear what you think.

T

toppick08

Thanks Mike, my blood pressure came down after I read this. :buddies:

Pat has been around boats his whole life, and was raised racing them in Wisconsin...

The bottom line is a man is dead in this accident. The difference is many of us know him personally - it is not like he just got behind the wheel of a 1000+HP race boat and nailed the throttles blindly.

:high5:

You might be an experienced boater, as I, but maybe not with these big HP go-fast boats... STFU and quit speculating and read the other threads on what happened. Again, many of us regulars KNOW Pat personally and KNOW what his capabilities were, that is the difference this time - it was a freak accident to someone I would consider a semi-pro boat racer. The only reason why I would not say Pro is he had a full-time gig and this was his hobby, but he loved and lived for his hobby.

If you would like to articulate your thoughts further, I challenge you to go down and talk to his family and friends at the foot of the Solomons bridge, I am sure they would love to hear what you think.

Sorry about your friend C...:huggy:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Sign the petition to show your disdain and disgust for the 'journalism' that is being written in the St. Marys Today.

Stop St Marys Today! Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

(This topic was made at the request of people in this thread. :p )

This has been done before. He thrives on it. The petition will do nothing but egg him on further. The best thing you can do is ignore the rag and get on the politician he is best friends with.