still anchors resturant

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Back on topic for a minute. My sister in law recommends the Sunday brunch at Dennis Point Marina. She says its outstanding.

camily

Peace
CMC122 said:
The hotel part is supposedly still there:really:
Was he in the hotel part? I thought he was some worker that fell down the stairs going to the wine cellar and stayed there? Who knows.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
From the prices on the menu, they are more interested in the dinner crowd than the lunch crowd. Dinner prices are in line with many places. The lunch prices are a bit over the top. The extra $10 for two ounces of crab meat for the crab cake sandwich is probably a typo. I bet the $4.95 for the 6 oz crab cake is too low. The 18% MANDATORY gratuity is just stupid. What don't they understand about the word gratuity.

Main Entry: gra·tu·ity
Pronunciation: gra-'tü-ity
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ities
: something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service; especially : TIP

How is something that is voluntary by definition mandatory? Stupid.

And if I went there, all the server would get is the 18% and I normally tip 20+% if the service is good.

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
jazz lady said:
And more...

Mixed Rail Drinks 4.75 Top Shelf 5.75

Yeah, right. :lol:

That's not bad, really.

If the food is good, I don't think the prices are out of line. The only thing that seems odd is the 18% gratuity. Most places charge something like that for larger parties...over 6 or so.

CMC122

Go Braves!
camily said:
Was he in the hotel part? I thought he was some worker that fell down the stairs going to the wine cellar and stayed there? Who knows.
I heard it was a "she" in the upstairs hotel rooms:lmao:

B

bayangel_1

if u are looking at the menu on line thats not the new menu. they have a new menu and different pricing. it just reopened last friday nite and it was so wonderful. and the 18% on the checks. when i asked my server about that she said that was put in there because some people dont tip... well of course i left way more than 18%. and yes im sure there are people who are that rude that they wont tip. or should i say that cheap....