still anchors resturant

mAlice

professional daydreamer
bayangel_1 said:
and yes im sure there are people who are that rude that they wont tip. or should i say that cheap....

Maybe they didn't tip because the service sucked. Tips are not mandatory.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
bayangel_1 said:
if u are looking at the menu on line thats not the new menu. they have a new menu and different pricing. it just reopened last friday nite and it was so wonderful. and the 18% on the checks. when i asked my server about that she said that was put in there because some people dont tip... well of course i left way more than 18%. and yes im sure there are people who are that rude that they wont tip. or should i say that cheap....
T o
I nsure
P rompt
S ervice

If the service is not prompt or attentive, then why should there be a tip? It has nothing to do with being cheap for me. If the service is good, I tip well. If the service is not so good, I tip less. If the service is poor, I'll leave 2 cents, because I don't want the server to think I didn't remember to tip.

If they put 18% on the bill, that is all they will get. Period. If the service is not worth 18%, I will tell them so and not be back and I will make sure that everyone else knows of my dissatisfaction, so mandatory service fees are a two edged sword. You might want to pass that to your friends that run the place.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
2ndAmendment said:
T o
I nsure
P rompt
S ervice

If the service is not prompt or attentive, then why should there be a tip? It has nothing to do with being cheap for me. If the service is good, I tip well. If the service is not so good, I tip less. If the service is poor, I'll leave 2 cents, because I don't want the server to think I didn't remember to tip.

If they put 18% on the bill, that is all they will get. Period. If the service is not worth 18%, I will tell them so and not be back and I will make sure that everyone else knows of my dissatisfaction, so mandatory service fees are a two edged sword. You might want to pass that to your friends that run the place.

:yeahthat:

I've seen places do that for 6 or more guests at one table but I've never seen it mandatory for everyone. It seems to me that if the server is expecting 18% off the git-go then they'll be less likely to keep up with you because they already know that you have to pay it.

And... I've never seen you leave 2¢ for lousy service. In most cases you gave them more than they deserved. :love:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
After thinking about this, being told that I MUST tip 18% bothers me. I don't care if it is on the bill or not, I will tip as I please. I might even tip less, just out of spite, which could be detrimental to the server because perhaps they did an outstanding job and deserved more.

Something management should think about...

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Sharon said:
:yeahthat:

I've seen places do that for 6 or more guests at one table but I've never seen it mandatory for everyone. It seems to me that if the server is expecting 18% off the git-go then they'll be less likely to keep up with you because they already know that you have to pay it.

And... I've never seen you leave 2¢ for lousy service. In most cases you gave them more than they deserved. :love:
Once, before I met you.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
After thinking about this, being told that I MUST tip 18% bothers me. I don't care if it is on the bill or not, I will tip as I please. I might even tip less, just out of spite, which could be detrimental to the server because perhaps they did an outstanding job and deserved more.

Something management should think about...
The problem is they put it on the bill. If you don't pay the entire bill, then the management will call the police because you are skipping out on the bill. You could insist they remove it.

We had a large group at a place in P.G. county once. They put a 15% gratuity on the bill. One of the guys in the group told them to take it off and that we were not paying or giving up the table until they did. They called the cops. Cop came in and told the manager that tips could not be mandatory and to take it off the bill. You should have seen the expression on the managers face. We then gave the waiter a 25% tip directly to him.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
2ndAmendment said:
T o
I nsure
P rompt
S ervice
Psst ... that's Ensure. :biggrin:

But I agree ... no restaurant should mandate a gratuity for regular diners (smaller parties). I've noticed some places add it to the check, and unless you're looking for it, you don't know, and wind up leaving twice as much ... which is fine if the service rocked, but if it didn't ... :ohwell:

R

remaxrealtor

bayangel_1 said:
hi everyone i have to tell u about still anchors resturant @ dennis point marina. i went there last friday the 10th for the opening and it was great!! the food was wonderful. the staff was great the place was beautiful. i had the crab cakes and they where so good. i met one of the owners and she was wonderful. i was there a few years ago the food was good but the place was dull. the new ladies have cleaned it up and out. and the new food is wonderful. the prices are great too. 12 thumbs up from me and my family. we will be there all season.

Good morning Amy and AJ! I'm so glad you enjoyed dinner at YOUR new restaurant. Best of luck to you :whistle: .

Last edited by a moderator:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
remaxrealtor said:
Good morning Amy and AJ! I'm so glad you enjoyed dinner at YOUR new restaurant. Best of luck to you :whistle: .
Could have guessed that. Some people have no class.

Last edited: