Super Bowl LI

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Don't forget Brady is 1 pass completion & pass incompletion from having 7 super bowl wins. The Falcons were demoralized in OT. They just went through the motions. NE had all the momentum.

Since we don't have TV I was streaming the game. It would buffer at the worst times. 1 was that amazing 3 on 1 catch by NE. I got to stare at 4 prome bodies for a while trying to figure out who had the ball. Plus on OT, while the Pats were driving, someone mentioned an updated score. But I could already see how the game was going to play out.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Don't forget Brady is 1 pass completion & pass incompletion from having 7 super bowl wins.

That's a poor path to go down. They were ONE play from losing to Seattle. One play from losing to the Rams and the Panthers and, for that matter, the Eagles.

In fact, that is the true measure of this teams greatness; they've never been dominant in the mold of the 49'ers or Steelers in the 70's or the 1990's Cowboys. They win in the era of parity where ONE play or two is the difference time and time again.

:buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are sounding like an old fogy...:lol:

I'll cop to being a fogy :jet: I've just never been a Lady Gaga fan. Too much schlock and gimmick - and I say that as a KISS fan. To me, Taylor Swift is talented; Gaga and Beyonce et. al. are just splashy hype.

But to each their own. I know I'm in the minority and I'm okay with not getting it. :cheers:

One thing I wonder, though: what do Lady Gaga's friends call her? Do they call her Gaga or do they call her by her name? I always think about that with performers who have odd stage names.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
One need not be a fan of whomever to acknowledge the talent. GaGa is Madonna, with actual pipes. And she can play a piano. And put on a hell of a show. And I can't stand pretty much anything she's done. :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I loved watching the Falcons owner after he moved down to the field in the 3rd quarter in preparation of the victory celebration.. and watched as his team beat the odds and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...

CLASSIC!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I loved watching the Falcons owner after he moved down to the field in the 3rd quarter in preparation of the victory celebration.. and watched as his team beat the odds and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...

CLASSIC!!

That's not fair. They didn't give it away. The Pats took it. :buddies:

b23hqb

PREMO Member

CLASSIC!!

I mentioned the exact same thing in my earlier post. Priceless. Stay where owners belong - in their box, like winners like Kraft do. Let the team roam the sidelines.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
That's not fair. They didn't give it away. The Pats took it. :buddies:

The Falcons did not choke, but they certainly blew it. I loved it. Fair does not matter in how teams win or lose. Things that went wrong or did not work earlier in the game for NE seemed to reverse in the final 20 minutes or so. To the winner goes the spoils, criticism or not.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
On another note, I watched the Lady Gaga performance. Everything was blowing up with how great she was, best halftime show ever, blah blah...yeah, I didn't see that. She should stop trying to dance and just be the Queen and let the pros dance around her. I was very pleased that she didn't use her performance to make some half assed political statement and ruin everything, but today the kids are crowing that she did a "protest song" (This Land Is Your Land). :lol: They "think" this because a pack of durhards at some riot were chanting it. They are officially pathetic and desperate. But if it keeps Gaga from getting death threats, let 'em think what they want.

HuffPo also declared her having made a "secret" LGBTQabc123 "statement" by singing her "Born This Way". Sure, ok. Whatever, if it was. It didn't interfere with her show and really made no difference at all, IMO.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Falcons did not choke, but they certainly blew it. I loved it. Fair does not matter in how teams win or lose. Things that went wrong or did not work earlier in the game for NE seemed to reverse in the final 20 minutes or so. To the winner goes the spoils, criticism or not.

Let's define 'blow it'. To me, blowing it is missing a layup or letting the ball roll between your legs or dropping an easy catch. The Falcons never quit, never let up. We could argue they blew it on the one drive where they had a chip shot field goal that would have clinched it, not running on the 3rd and 1 but they got here by being aggressive. They did make heroic plays. I felt the Pats just made a few more of them. The Falcons didn't drop a game winning pass, they didn't miss a field goal, they didn't do something dumb. I felt they played their guts out and could have, yes, SHOULD have won but the Pats showed why we always play the games to the end. It was GREAT stuff. I felt like they didn't give it away. The Pat's took it. :buddies:

This thread is so representative of this forum. A wonderful AMERICAN pass time like the Super Bowl and people have to argue if it has worth and what if anything has more value. The arguments the last few years over the half time shows are just weird. Watch it or dont. Root for the 'best team' or dont. Its over bloated, maybe- but the amount (of money) people waste of xmas, valentines day or easter are WAY dumber to me.

TO ME- so who cares right? Exactly.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:poorbaby: I think she's pretty tame in comparison to many artists. :lol: And I don't think kids are so easily molded by the music they listen to. I was all about the bad music (i.e. Shout at the Devil, Me So Horny, Burn Bitch Burn...) growing up and I turned out perfectly normal. :twitch: :lol: :huggy:

You know - that's the truth! I'm a Top40 gal, and the Things' dad a solid Classic Rock/Country/Southern Rock fan.

You know what Thing2 looks like (then/now) and a bit about his upbringing and what type kid he was. Pretty main stream & straight-laced. (At least in public / around me :wink:) OMG, he listened to (then and now) the heaviest Metal (old/new) music there is! ...and the teeshirts he would buy from Hot Topic! :yikes:

He's still fine and an upstanding citizen with a straight-laced job.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
This thread is so representative of this forum. A wonderful AMERICAN pass time like the Super Bowl and people have to argue if it has worth and what if anything has more value. The arguments the last few years over the half time shows are just weird. Watch it or dont. Root for the 'best team' or dont. Its over bloated, maybe- but the amount (of money) people waste of xmas, valentines day or easter are WAY dumber to me.

TO ME- so who cares right? Exactly.

Thanks for informing us that you don't care. My day is now complete.

Restitution

I don't think the problem was Gaga's performance. I think it was the commercials.

Did anyone else get sick of all the politically charged "immigration" and "racism" based commercials? There was at least 1 or 2 on every break!

So now we are injecting our politics into SB commercials??? I can think of a lot of different and BETTER ways that $5M could be spent!

glhs837

Power with Control
I don't think the problem was Gaga's performance. I think it was the commercials.

Did anyone else get sick of all the politically charged "immigration" and "racism" based commercials? There was at least 1 or 2 on every break!

So now we are injecting our politics into SB commercials??? I can think of a lot of different and BETTER ways that $5M could be spent!

Yeah, I stated calling the "Inclusion Bowl" as each advertised tried to outdo the others in the number and types of food groups represented. 84 Lumber, though, holy crap.

warneckutz

You are sounding like an old fogy...:lol: Gaga's dancing was 100% Gaga style. Her movements are just as unique to her as her sound. As for the show... I thought the stunts and drone light effects were amazing especially considering the very small time they have to do the set up and she crammed in a lot of performance in the very short time she was given.

As for the durhards thinking her patriotic song choices were protest songs... if that is what it takes to get them on the patriotism for America bandwagon then so be it! :lol:

THIS.

She performed well and gave a great performance. No BS and no drama, just had fun with it and didn't get into any political statements.