That Authoritarian Lemon - Decides What Is The Truth

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Elon Musk's criticism of debunked 'Hands up, don't shoot' mantra triggers CNN's Don Lemon: 'Needs...context'

Lemon did not tell viewers that it was under the Obama administration that the Justice Department cleared Wilson in the shooting and buried the "Hands up" narrative.

It is now widely agreed, even in liberal media outlets, that the mantra was not based in fact. The Washington Post put it bluntly in a pair of headlines in 2015: "‘Hands up, don’t shoot’ was built on a lie," by left-wing opinion writer Jonathan Capehart, and "‘Hands up, don’t shoot’ did not happen in Ferguson," in a fact-check article by Michelle Ye Hee Lee.

"Brown never surrendered with his hands up, and Wilson was justified in shooting Brown," Capehart wrote.

"Investigators have overwhelmingly rejected witness accounts that Brown had his hands up in a surrender before being shot execution-style," Ye Hee Lee wrote. "The DOJ has concluded Wilson did not know whether Brown was armed, acted out of self-defense and was justified in killing Brown. The majority of witnesses told federal investigators that the initial claims that Brown’s hands were up were not accurate. 'Hands up, don’t shoot' did not happen in Brown’s killing."

The Washington Post also forcefully fact-checked Democrats like Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass. and then-Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., when they declared in 2019 that Brown had been "murdered." The DOJ report cited numerous witnesses who said Brown did not have his hands raised and charged at Wilson before being shot and killed, ignoring repeated directives to "get down." This came after Brown, having been stopped by Wilson as a suspect in a robbery that evening, punched and grabbed Wilson in his car.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Lemon on CNN: 'I Don't Think We Ever Were Liberal'

Colbert asked about changes to the network under Licht, “The word on the street is you guys aren't allowed to be liberal anymore? Is that the case?”

Lemon laughably argued that, “I don't think we ever were liberal.” After a somewhat surprised Colbert replied with a simple “What?,” Lemon doubled down, “Yes, I don't think we ever were liberal.”

Not only was CNN liberal, it still is, but trying to get Lemon to expand on his assertion Colbert, declared “That's not me saying that. It's the people out there saying he’s not letting you be liberal anymore.”

Giving his understanding of Licht’s ideas, Lemon declared, “Well, listen, I think that-- I think what Chris is saying is that he wants Republicans, sensible Republicans, he wants us to hold people to account, but he wants people to come on and feel comfortable with coming on and talking on CNN, and appearing on CNN. So, if you invite someone in your house, you want to make them feel comfortable. But, also, by the nature of what we do, we have to hold people to account.”

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
They're left-fascist.

There hasn't been anything "Liberal" about them since the 90s.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Don Lemon no match for Jewish ex-Trump staffer who won’t give him the answers he demands

“Do you think it was wrong for the former president to meet with Nick Fuentes?” Lemon asked, attempting to bully his guest into badmouthing the former president.

Khodorkovsky emphatically stated Trump didn’t know who Fuentes was before he showed up with West. He asserted, “[Fuentes] is an antisemite, he’s repulsive, his views are disgusting, and no one of any substance should give him any forum, It’s frankly beneath President Trump to meet him.”

Khodorkovsky began discussing antisemitism from progressive members of Congress such as Ilhan Omar before being cut off once again by Don Lemon.

“They’re not the president of the United States. He’s the former president of the United States,” Lemon contended. “This is not whataboutism. He met with an antisemite. So can we stick to the former president and not do whataboutism? We can talk about those other people when there are issues, but there aren’t issues right now.”

Lemon continued badgering Khodorkovsky over why Trump allegedly didn’t vet who he met with at his home.

“I will give you that. Yes, of course, he should know who he’s meeting with,” Khodorkovsky agreed.

“You say he should know who he’s meeting with, but then you’re saying well he didn’t know. It sounds like you’re making excuses for him. There’s no excuses for bad behavior, no excuse for antisemitism, and no excuse for being the former president and not knowing who you’re allowing into a place where you have kept classified documents,” Lemon stated, verbally assaulting his guest.

“The reason you were invited on this program was to talk about Donald Trump, this weekend, meeting with known antisemites. And whether you condemn it as someone who worked for the administration and who is Jewish. That’s what this story is about. That’s what you’re here to talk about,” Lemon said, belying why he had the former staffer on the show in the first place.

“I’d appreciate it if you don’t put words in my mouth,” Khodorkovsky shot back.

Lemon continued by demanding that the former staffer denounce Trump, “Do you condemn the former president for meeting with antisemites?”

“Let me explain it to you this way, sir. I know the president is not an antisemite,” Khodorkovsky responded.

“I’m not asking you if he’s an antisemite,” Lemon snapped back. “I’m asking if you condemn him for entertaining and meeting with antisemites. It’s a very simple question… It’s a yes or no.”

Khodorkovsky went on to slam Lemon for not having a clue about what he was talking about, “Don, it’s very rich when you’re telling somebody who is Jewish, who has experienced antisemitism firsthand, who is a grandson of Holocaust survivors what is an appropriate way to address antisemitism. Frankly, it’s a little bit insulting.”

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Trump must be the worst Anti-Semite ever with his daughter marrying into and converting.

:lmao:

And then giving his son in law a successful task and position in his administration.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Page Out Of The Same Book’: CNN’s Lemon Asks If Media Should Treat Musk Like Trump

“[T]here is a huge place for Twitter. I think that he should be taking it more seriously. I think these polls and the antics is just to — it’s right out of the Trump playbook, which is what I feel. And that he is manipulating the media in order to get attention,” Lemon said to Ben Smith of Semafor. “So can you put this into perspective. Should journalists pull out their Trump playbook in order to deal with what Elon Musk is doing at Twitter? Is it a page out of the same book?”

“I think that’s a really good observation. And there’s one particular thing Trump would do, he would violate some long-standing norm in order to largely get attention and drive, you know, the keepers of the norms, including journalists, totally nuts and get a ton of attention,” Smith responded. “And then sort of walk it back. And I think one difference, Kaitlan, you covered this with Trump’s first term in particular is that Trump actually didn’t know how to be an executive yet and he would say he was going to do something, cause massive outrage and then not do it.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Don Lemon ‘screamed’ at ‘CNN This Morning’ co-host, left crew ‘rattled’: sources

“Don screamed at Kaitlan, who was visibly upset and ran out of the studio,” one source with knowledge of the skrimish said.

News of the explosive incident made its way up to CNN CEO Chris Licht, who is said to have been appalled by Lemon’s behavior, according to a source. A second source said a producer talked to Lemon at the behest of Licht and told the anchor to take the next day off to “cool off.”

The following night, the three co-hosts were slated to get drinks and arrive together at a White House Christmas party for the press, a source said. But the pre-party gathering never happened after the emotional day and they trickled in to the bash separately, an insider with knowledge said. After the party, Lemon had a late-night dinner with his agent, Jay Sures, according to sources.

stgislander

PREMO Member
News of the explosive incident made its way up to CNN CEO Chris Licht, who is said to have been appalled by Lemon’s behavior, according to a source. A second source said a producer talked to Lemon at the behest of Licht and told the anchor to take the next day off to “cool off.
In today's world, isn't that racist?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Don Lemon goes on unscripted rant after James Comer calls NY Post ‘credible’

That’s one bitter Lemon.

Embattled “CNN This Morning” host Don Lemon went on an unscripted rant against the New York Post on Tuesday after the Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee called the paper “credible” over its Hunter Biden laptop scoops during an interview with Kaitlan Collins – the co-anchor Lemon allegedly berated, as The Post exclusively reported last week.

[clip]

“That’s the time that we’re in, where facts are sort of flexible and you just throw things out there -– citing uncredible sources, like citing the New York Post as a credible source and saying that facts are – it’s just, I can’t believe that we’re here,” Lemon said.

Lemon’s other co-host Poppy Harlow, who was on set, interrupted the diatribe in an attempt to smooth things over.

“That’s why we’ve got Kaitlan Collins on the Hill, fact-checking in real time. It was a great interview,” she said.