The county times: A tale of two economies

thurley42

HY;FR
My point is that there are a bunch of overpaid bozos at Pax and every other federal government facility, and that something like this happens under their noses illustrates this. Now, I am going back to watching football. :popcorn:

I'm sure you could do a much better job.

Get me your resume and we will start you immediately :buddies:

sockgirl77

Back on topic...are those electronics that I see on the table? It looks like some black Dynex and whatever the pink thing is. I was guessing a tablet of some sort.

smibarines

Back on topic...are those electronics that I see on the table? It looks like some black Dynex and whatever the pink thing is. I was guessing a tablet of some sort.

And a MIRROR?!?!? Can you believe they have a MIRROR?!?!?! I mean seriously, these people are living like KINGS!! Why should WE feel sorry for them?

People, get a life. This could be you. Or someone you love and care about. Just one wrong turn and any of us could wind up here. Think it couldn't? You're wrong. Every one of us walks the line each and every day.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

And a MIRROR?!?!? Can you believe they have a MIRROR?!?!?! I mean seriously, these people are living like KINGS!! Why should WE feel sorry for them?

People, get a life. This could be you. Or someone you love and care about. Just one wrong turn and any of us could wind up here. Think it couldn't? You're wrong. Every one of us walks the line each and every day.

While scanning channels last night a relative settled on 60 minutes. There were doing a story on the homeless in Florida. One family was living in a vehicle (of some kind) that included children (can't remember how many) but they had TWO dogs (big ones!) and a cat! I couldn't get past that part of the story - the rest was unimportant to me: how they got there, how long, blah blah blah.

I don't get someone being homeless and not being able to afford rent, but yet, carting around animals to feed. Big dogs, no less - who probably ate more then the children. (granted, I didn't see the size of the chillens)

Just stupid.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

You're right, why should we feel sorry for them? Heaven forbid I end up like that but if I did, you can bet your ass I wouldn't be spending any money I came across on smokes or any other non-essential! :duh:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
My point is that there are a bunch of overpaid bozos at Pax and every other federal government facility, and that something like this happens under their noses illustrates this. Now, I am going back to watching football. :popcorn:
Well since you are an expert on what people should earn, why don't you tell us who and what these "overpaid bozo's" are and should be making. I'll wait. :tap:

smibarines

While scanning channels last night a relative settled on 60 minutes. There were doing a story on the homeless in Florida. One family was living in a vehicle (of some kind) that included children (can't remember how many) but they had TWO dogs (big ones!) and a cat! I couldn't get past that part of the story - the rest was unimportant to me: how they got there, how long, blah blah blah.

I don't get someone being homeless and not being able to afford rent, but yet, carting around animals to feed. Big dogs, no less - who probably ate more then the children. (granted, I didn't see the size of the chillens)

Just stupid.

Yeah, cause only stupid people have family pets, children and lose their jobs...

If you were laid off today, you think times might get hard? Don't be so conceited as to think you'd jump right into a new position - check the news, times are bad and the economy sucks. You wouldn't, you'd be broke. Now add some medical bills and whatnot on top of that and you can see how easy it would be for us to end up like them.

Now, would you get rid of the only thing your kids love and the only thing that provides them with ANY sense of stability because it ate too much?!

Your insensitivity, callousness and conceit blows my mind.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Yeah, cause only stupid people have family pets, children and lose their jobs...

If you were laid off today, you think times might get hard? Don't be so conceited as to think you'd jump right into a new position - check the news, times are bad and the economy sucks. You wouldn't, you'd be broke. Now add some medical bills and whatnot on top of that and you can see how easy it would be for us to end up like them.

Now, would you get rid of the only thing your kids love and the only thing that provides them with ANY sense of stability because it ate too much?!

Your ignorance blows my mind. Using your own words.."YOU'D BE BROKE". How does that translate into having pets, smokes and electronics? What's paying for these things? JFC :duh:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

My kids' priorities are exactly where they should be. Their"sense of stability" is from their father, and from ME. They know I plan ahead for emergencies & unexpected events. I take care of MY Priorites-and should something happen we will deal with that accordingly. OH and should we ever find ourselves so destitute that we need to live in a car-the cat becomes chinese food. :jet:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Here's a little more info on the miscreant you so readily defend. Now how insensitive and callous are you going to be to the person he sexually molested? :eyebrow:
http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/sorSea...&firstnm=matthew+&lastnm=frazier&category=ALL

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

I have to agree with Baja, if you cant afford a roof over your head or food on your table, then you have to give up the habits that you have. Cigarettes are 6 or 7 dollars a pack, that approx 180.00 a month. Mind you, it may not pay rent, but, it will buy groceries. She is 28 and has no identification, whats up with that. He has a non violent case pending, what was the charge? Does he have family in Oklahoma that could help him. Usually, not in all cases, but usually, if the family wont help, its because they have tried to help before and it did absolutley no good. I have to wonder why their families arent helping. Maybe thats why the children are with family and they are not.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have to agree with Baja, if you cant afford a roof over your head or food on your table, then you have to give up the habits that you have. Cigarettes are 6 or 7 dollars a pack, that approx 180.00 a month. Mind you, it may not pay rent, but, it will buy groceries. She is 28 and has no identification, whats up with that. He has a non violent case pending, what was the charge? Does he have family in Oklahoma that could help him. Usually, not in all cases, but usually, if the family wont help, its because they have tried to help before and it did absolutley no good. I have to wonder why their families arent helping. Maybe thats why the children are with family and they are not.
See post 47. I added the link I forgot. The guy is a tier III sex offender. That's most likely why the kids aren't with them.

sockgirl77

My kids' priorities are exactly where they should be. Their"sense of stability" is from their father, and from ME. They know I plan ahead for emergencies & unexpected events. I take care of MY Priorites-and should something happen we will deal with that accordingly. OH and should we ever find ourselves so destitute that we need to live in a car-the cat becomes chinese food. :jet:

Exactly. Well, minus the father part. :lol:

luvmygdaughters

See post 47. I added the link I forgot. The guy is a tier III sex offender. That's most likely why the kids aren't with them.

OMG! I cant believe the County Times did a story on this couple. Didnt they bother doing any investigating? The pervert should be in a jail cell instead of a tent. I wonder if we could talk him into wearing a hat with antlers on it and taking a nice long walk in the woods.:evil:

seeamovie

I can't believe the mis-representation of the persons in this article! I think the author lied to us. She wrote that he couldn't get assistance because of an open non-violent criminal case. The only thing I see is paternity which I think is a civil issue and a traffic ticket. I think the County times knew he was a sex offender and didn't want to print that because nobod would then sympathize with their story. This disgusts me!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I can't believe the mis-representation of the persons in this article! I think the author lied to us. She wrote that he couldn't get assistance because of an open non-violent criminal case. The only thing I see is paternity which I think is a civil issue and a traffic ticket. I think the County times knew he was a sex offender and didn't want to print that because nobod would then sympathize with their story. This disgusts me!

Just as an interesting note, in Texas, people convicted of any non-violent crime (or worse) can't get welfare.

There really ARE jobs out there, people just have to be willing to do them.