The Heroin Diaries

K

kris31280

He sounds like a real hero!
:rolleyes: It's not about him being a hero... more of an inspiration and a cautionary tale of what NOT to do... but knowing that even when you're down at rock bottom you can still pull yourself up and be something.

Last edited by a moderator:

jetmonkey

I know not to be a drug addict without reading a book :shrug:
:eyeroll: It's not about him being a hero... more of an inspiration and a cautionary tale of what NOT to do... but knowing that even when you're down at rock bottom you can still pull yourself up and be something.

K

kris31280

"My ex smoked pole but he wasn't gay he was just experimanting"
... David Bowie himself admits that he used his sexuality to manipulate people, and that's all his ex wife says... that he used his sexual ability to sway people to his way of thinking... that he had to be adored by everyone and everyone he really wanted to love him he slept with while keeping his emotions out of it.

K

kris31280

... It's what I find interesting to read :shrug:

I like to be inspired when I read... taken to new heights and places I haven't been before.

T

toppick08

Hell folks.....

let's jam.....:larry:

Last edited by a moderator:

jetmonkey

That's all well and good, but if literary toilet paper like this is one of the most life-altering things you've ever read :shrug:
... It's what I find interesting to read :shrug:

I like to be inspired when I read... taken to new heights and places I haven't been before.

Pandora

RB,

I think you just made me OD. :dead: I can only handle one book about an addict and think that any read after that would be boring. This recommended book actually has an extremely high rating and am looking forward to reading it. :yay:

jetmonkey

Maybe just me, but reading about how hard it is to have money falling out of your ass, well, these people seek out tha spotlight and live for the drama. Oh, wait, THAT's why you guys eat it up!

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
Maybe just me, but reading about how hard it is to have money falling out of your ass, well, these people seek out tha spotlight and live for the drama. Oh, wait, THAT's why you guys eat it up!

You've made your point very clear. You don't agree with our literary preferences. So, I ask, why are you still in this conversation? Can you please move on and beat a dead horse in some other discussion?? TIA :huggy:

Pandora

I enjoyed reading Dolly Parton’s biography a few years ago. I didn’t go buy the book but happened to run across it while bed sitting with a sick relative, picked it up figuring it was some form of entertainment when I had nothing else. I never laughed so hard in my life reading the stories she had to tell.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Someone just dropped an aging copy of Mark Twain's "Letters from the Earth" in my lap.

I've read parts of it in the past and I just love it, now I get to read it in its entirety, uncensored, including all the other stuff that was originally published with it. :yahoo:

K

kris31280

Some people are inspired by the reading of other people's struggles and how they are able to overcome them.

Some people are inspired by reading tomes of poetry that most people may not understand.

There are dozens of different reasons to read a book. Some people read to educate themselves, others to inspire themselves. Some people read out of boredom, other people read because they find it genuinely entertaining.

I don't read war books because I have no interest them. I do, however, read autobiographies with quite some regularity because I like to see how people relate the stories of themselves.

So if I find a bass player/song writer who found himself riding the wave of rock and roll and all it's excesses, became addicted to heroin, died twice, and finally realized that it had to stop to be inspirational, then it's only because something in his tale caused me to identify with his plight and his ability to overcome it inspired me.

You don't have to be someone to be emulated or worshipped to be inspiring... sometimes the most inspiring thing in my day is the light in my son's eyes as he discovers simple joy in something quite ordinary.

So continue to feel you need to call me out, bash me, harass me, whatever. I won't make threats about how "if you keep harassing me I'll report you and you'll get your account taken away" because that seems petty and childish for an internet forum. Obviously the story was inspiring and moving to other people, because they've said as much in this thread. Until you've read the book, you honestly cannot judge it's contents.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Some people are inspired by the reading of other people's struggles and how they are able to overcome them.

Some people are inspired by reading tomes of poetry that most people may not understand.

There are dozens of different reasons to read a book. Some people read to educate themselves, others to inspire themselves. Some people read out of boredom, other people read because they find it genuinely entertaining.

I don't read war books because I have no interest them. I do, however, read autobiographies with quite some regularity because I like to see how people relate the stories of themselves.

So if I find a bass player/song writer who found himself riding the wave of rock and roll and all it's excesses, became addicted to heroin, died twice, and finally realized that it had to stop to be inspirational, then it's only because something in his tale caused me to identify with his plight and his ability to overcome it inspired me.

You don't have to be someone to be emulated or worshipped to be inspiring... sometimes the most inspiring thing in my day is the light in my son's eyes as he discovers simple joy in something quite ordinary.

So continue to feel you need to call me out, bash me, harass me, whatever. I won't make threats about how "if you keep harassing me I'll report you and you'll get your account taken away" because that seems petty and childish for an internet forum. Obviously the story was inspiring and moving to other people, because they've said as much in this thread. Until you've read the book, you honestly cannot judge it's contents.

Like I care what someone, who needs to tie a pork chop around her neck to get a date, says. :duh: